Green Earth Booksterrible customer service!

I ordered a book through the AmazonCa.com site from Green Earth Books, I was in the U.S. so I asked for the U.S. media rate for shipping as it was being shipped from the U.S. to the U.S. the dolt at customer service decided instead to cancel the order. The book was not listed on the U.S. Amazon site. I asked to have the order re-sent. No response. This is a terrible company that no-one should order from!

• Ya
    YaFen Shen Nov 06, 2017

Agree, wretched customer service. I've had a certain title on my "want list" at abebooks for years, three times I've received the standard abebooks notice which reads "We've found the book you want", each time the, ahem, "bookstore" which, supposedly, had the object of my desire in stock was Green Earth Books, each time I was sent the same title, the wrong one. The fourth time I was sent the same notice from Green Earth I contacted them by both e-mail and phone, described what had happened previously, and requesting that someone verify that the title was indeed the one I sought, no dice. It was all "on computer" and that the policy didn't allow an employee, any employee, to go into the warehouse and personally verify the book was the one I sought OR to verify the information after the book had been retrieved from the warehouse BUT PRIOR to shipping.
    I considered continuing to order the thing simply to see how many times the wrong title would be sent, but figured I'd wear out long before their bureaucratic indifference waned in the least.

• Br
    Brian Wayne Oliver Jan 26, 2017

I ordered a book from Amazon ca. It came after 3 weeks. The book was used it was dirty and has a very mouldy smell to it. This was to be a gift for my wife, who has lung cancer and can not take the smell from this book. This company should not be allowed to carry on in this area of supplying any thing for the public.

• Hi
    Highalozi Jul 09, 2016

My book from Green Earth Books arrived fine, no problems. Also I'd say the condition was better than described. Not only that, but it seems Thrift Books / Green Earth Books charge among the lowest rates for shipping.

• Da
    Dani-p Nov 03, 2014

Green Earth Books provided disgusting customer service. Their advertising on Amazon stated that it would take a maximum of 15 business days to arrive and when I did not get my textbook during this timeframe, I was told to just wait another 15 days because of customs. The book STILL did not arrive after another 15 days and I was sent another one (after another complaint email). This book took the maximum time as well! When I did get the book, I found disgusting items in ziploc bags in the book. I complained as I do not know what the fluid was, and never had a response from Green Earth Books.

Do NOT purchase from this company unless you want to wait over a month for a book with anonymous fluids in it. See pics attached.

• Br
    Brian Dash Oct 20, 2014

I am surprised you are so unaware that Amazon charges a set $3.99 for shipping almost any book. Routinely books sell for a penny, plus shipping. The shipping charges are also clearly marked. Amazon does not support combining shipping.

• Bu
    Buyer Be Careful Jun 19, 2011

Green Earth Books did not combine shipping costs on my order, so my 10 cent books really cost around $2.50 dollars each, at 3.99 shipping charges. Dirty pool selling tactics.
    I ordered 4 books from them, via Amazon Marketplace, they charged me 3.99 in shipping for each book, for a grand total of 15.96 in shipping costs, and it took 9 days to get my books. Then, when I got the books 3 of them had disgustingly filthy covers. Granted, they were cookbooks, and listed as 'acceptable' One was splattered in someone's dried on spaghetti sauce, that I had to scrub off. Yuck.

These book might have sold for a dime each at a yard sale, but I wouldn't have been hoodwinked into paying 3.99 in shipping costs.

Buyer beware.