grants360rip off w/unauthorized charges

This company advertises a month of service for $1.95 and then you can cancel if it doesn't serve your purposes. What they do is charge your credit card for the $1.95 and also for $38.21 for a Tax Refund Guide that you didn't authorize and also the next day $57.61 for membership.

• Ju
    julie Mar 27, 2009

I applied for a grant at grant360, Im a single mom wanting to go back to school. I seen this advertised on facebook, so I filled it out and it was only suppose to be a charge of 1.95. Well it turned out to be 128.07 dollars before I even got a statement. To top it off I havent even received anything no mail or e-mails on this except a bill for 128 dollars. I used my parents credit card, and they want there mony back. We are looking into a few things, if I dont get the money back further action will be takin place. I felt that grant360 ripped me off. I will be willing to pay if I was able to received a grant for me to continue my education so I can better myself for my children and be able to be home with them in the evenings. Thanks for talking the time and I hope this will get dealt with before further action takes place.

Thank-you Julie

kathy Mar 29, 2009

And when looking at the link you see above there is an area of small print which descrides the charges ..This was not there when I signed up for the 1.97 grant information.. I know what is to good to be true usually is. If they are going to charge me 57.00 for information then the information should at least be good right..I think so. Then to charge me another 37 .00 for information about taxes which i never even asked for in just fraud plain and simple.

• Te
    Teresa Clark Mar 29, 2009

I too tried something called a 7 day free trial. Free my toe how is being charged 1.00 processing fee free? After giving them my info I was told I would receive an e-mail with my login and password info, which I never received. I called to question this and was given the info over the phone. When I tried to use the website I was not even given a website that could be logged into. I called and cancelled their services. WARNING... You must call all three service numbers in order to cancel all the services they signed you up for.
    Finding the real phone numbers was a challange. One of the phone numbers I was given was a psycic phone line.

Cancellation phone numbers
    IDENTITY THEFT PROTECTION ...[protected]
    FRAUD PROTECTION...[protected]
    EARN CASH FORM GRANTS...[protected]

Make sure when you call to cancel these services you get the conformation # and agents name.
    I've cancelled I just hope this nightmare is over!

• Th
    Tha*Lunat!k Apr 04, 2009

These companies all rip people off since that's how they make money. They only offer a "product" so that they can avoid prosecution, not because the product has any actual value worth marketing. That being said, the fine print seems to confirm how their "free trial" works and is thus not going to help you in claiming that they ripped you off. In the future I suggest you read all of the fine print in the future to avoid (

"For a limited time only, receive a free 1-day trial to our full grant package and research guide for a small processing fee of just $1.95. To cancel your trial, simply call 1.866.955.1669 within 24 hours and you will not be charged. After the trial period, you will be charged $57.61 for every thirty days of access to our grant resource. In addition to the grant guide, you are receiving this years tax guide, a one-time purchase of only $38.21, which will be billed to your credit card at the same time as your trial. Click here for our full terms & conditions for our risk-free trial offer."

So basically their "free" trial costs $1.95, thereby invalidating the claim that it's free, and on top of that they charge an additional $38.21 for their mandatory tax guide. All in all the 1-day "free" trial costs $40.16. On top of that, it's extremely difficult to reach most of these scam companies, so anyone expecting to receive a free trial, review it for usefulness, and then cancel within a 24-hour period is slim to none, meaning the free trial is probably going to cost another $57.61 on top of the $40.16.

They disclose all of this on the front page of their website, making it so technically they're not lying to you about the charges. Their business plan revolves about people like you, however, who sign up without exercising critical thinking and reading all of the fine print. They make almost $100 for setting up a webpage. Quite a grand business plan, eh?

• Us
    user143152 Apr 07, 2009

I was charged outragest price i thought it was a 1.97 then they added anouther 70 dollars i would like my money back they never sent me an e-mail.

Jason Apr 12, 2009

Hello William,

Our records now also show you have been issued a FULL REFUND. If this is not correct we invite you to post otherwise here.

Jason
    Grants 360

• 52
    52firedome Apr 15, 2009

I signed up to grants360 for $195 but today found out that my account has been charged over $38.00 extra for something I didn't order. I'm contacting the fraud deprtment of my bank to sere if I can get help.These scam artist need to be stopped .They are preying on people who are trying to make it in today's mess economy and really NEED help not shafted by some nogood .

manicmolly Apr 16, 2009

It was advertised for $1.95, I was charged that plus on my bank statement I just received today an additional $57.01. I am a student trying to get money for college and I can't afford this!

• Da
    darla Apr 17, 2009

charged a total of $128.56 which price was to be $1.89 which i did not email back to confirm enrolment

Karen Sampson Apr 19, 2009

I have also been ripped off. I was to pay only $1.95 for shipping of the info about grants and have been getting constant new charges for over $90
    on my credit card - have received nothing for any of it.

• Ki
    Kimberly Baker Apr 20, 2009

On April 9, 2009 I signed up to recieve some information about grants thinking I was only going to be charged 1.95 but when I checked my account they charged me 1.95 plus 38.21. I called them to request my money back and I was told that I had to send a email to some taxguiderefund. Well I did that and still I've heard nothing and my money has not been refunded. This company is a scam and I would'nt advise anyone to sign up for anything they're offering. If you ask me they need to be prosecuted for scamming peoples hard earned money.

jared Apr 20, 2009

This company like so many others have ripped me off as well. I got charged 1.97 for the first fee i agreed on, then I got charged 38.59 same day for a tax refund guide I never agreed to. I called the company they told me I needed t email the company. I emailed the company and they only gave me a partial payment of 25.00 back. Then I was charged 9 days later of 58.19. When I called the company they informed me that I had already cancelled and they have already sent a refund of 40.00. My big problem is that I canceled before they charged me again for 58.19. They are scamming everyone and everyone needs to know it.

If anyone knows who I should contact let me know.

• Gi
    Give me my fu**ing money Apr 23, 2009

I was overcharged on my debit card by Grants360.com I would just like my 38.21 that they overcharged me. I was only to be charged 1.95, I cancelled my subscription before 30 days. I first made the transaction on April 2, 2009, I noticed the problem and was credited the 38.21 back and Grants360 came right back and took my 38.12. This is the refund information my credit card company gave me, [protected]@grants360.com. My name is Aleisha Jones .

• Ro
    roy johnson May 07, 2009

The grants 360 website didnot make it clear that my debit card would be charged an additional 57.61 and 38.21 for a total of $95.82. I want this money refunded to my account. Reference no. 2193992 Thank you.

• Ru
    russell williams May 12, 2009

seen this add in my email easy grant info only$1.95 they took that no problem, then i see$38.21, then57.61 then 31cents then 02cents then 46cents, from 1.95 too, , $98.56, , i cant afford this rip off, i only get little over four hundred a month, , nowhere did it say anything extra coming out after the $1.95, , i was just trying too help my situation too do better, and got ripped off, now no money for food

• Mi
    Michael Jun 16, 2009

I ordered free cd for $1.95 s&h. They then charged my account for $57.61 without my ok. They claimed I had 1 day to cancel offer.(never stated) then they offered to give me back $40.00 of the $57.61. Why only $40.00 I don't know. Am reporting to my bank, which says they are aware of this company and will give me back the entire amount. Something needs to be done about this fiasco!

• Ce
    Cerise Thrift Jul 06, 2009

I was supposed to be charged $1.95 for shipping of a CD regarding grants. I was called by my bank and the said there was an extra charge of 56.71 charged to my account plus 6 cents (whatever that was for). I called today and asked them to cancel the order. Why in the world would they add an extra charge and not tell you? I will not ever do that again. This a learning experience. In fact, I won't order anything else online. The company should be put out of business. Is this how the government makes it's money?

• Ri
    rita trout Jul 25, 2009

i want my money $24.61 put back on my card i did not ask or authorized this so please put it back . my code#2965841

Angie Beuerman Aug 06, 2009

I autherized a charge for 1.95 and the following day i was charged 57.oo. I want my money back now!

• Be
    bettyboop09 Aug 07, 2009

it told me it was just $1.95 and that i was going to get an E-mail link it gave me a username an passwork already! The e-mail address i gave was [protected]@cox.net but if there was a problem my other e-mal address is [protected]@yahoo.com

anonyMiss Aug 07, 2009

i really don't get it

• Bo
    bobtheman Aug 07, 2009

that's a scam site. Your credit card will be billed for a lot more than $2.

• Pr
    preacherhall Aug 17, 2009

I ordered a cd for $ 1.95 and the next thind I know they draft my account for $57.21. I called the phone number on my account and they said I had 24 hours to try the program. I told them I didn't authorized the withdraw and cancel the account. They did, but I havn't had any respones back from the company. They have had 72 hours to respond and I think this is enough time to respond. My advice is to stay away from such companies, I know I will.

• Ra
    rawyajad Aug 27, 2009

Iautherized a charge for 1.95 and the following day Iwas charged 57.61 Iwant my money back now.

• Ve
    vee96 Aug 29, 2009

I was told I would be charged 1.95 and a few days later I was charged 57.61 without my permission. The user id or password did not work. I would like a refund and you need to stop taking money from hard working people trying to better themselves and the lives of their family.

• De
    destutt Sep 04, 2009

i was 57.61 to my credit card and i didn't give them permission to take money off my card and i would like for the money to be returned to my card

James McPherson Sep 05, 2009

I ordered the program offered by this company and got nothing in return. The cost was $1.95 but I becames suspicious when I could not go to the website that they directed me to go to. I had paid with debit so I immediately contacted my finacial institution, cancelled my debit and got a new one. In that short period of time they also charged $57.51, for what I have no clue. the only way that I found out about the additional charge is when I saw a list of complaints on line and decided to check my balance and account transactions!

• Mi
    micael Sep 08, 2009

this is a scam to steal your money

karen.harris Sep 15, 2009

iasked for a grant and they didnot give me a application.

• Fa
    fatimah z ivory Sep 16, 2009

initially it was free then it was 1.95 to get info to apply for a grant.. i received a username and password and i can not access any information..in addition to the 1.95, my account was ripped off for 35.61. i called [protected] and they gave me a cancellation code 3486619 but would not refund my 35.61...i was told to get back on line at www.grant360/refunds.com ..i got no where with that...im disabled and was simply looking to get some extra money for these hard economic times..please refund my 35.61 back into my account today i need money i absolutely dont hav any money to give away. thank you fatimah z ivory bronx n.y. [protected]@aol.com

• Ro
    Roshelle Misek Sep 17, 2009

I am not happy at all i was lead to believe i was getting a free trail and a free gas gift card.now my account has been overdrafted because money scout put threw a 5800 dollar charge that i did not atherize.I only atherized a 1.95fee.I want my money back and will do what is nessasary i dont want any of there deals and if they charge on my card again i will be talking to a lawyer and will sue!!!

• Cv
    cvdgrtdhg Sep 17, 2009

I WOULD LIKE TO CANCEL BEFORE THEY GET MORE OF MY MONEY .

• To
    tonya l. gromling Oct 02, 2009

I was told by ur company once I filled out a refund report in 48-72hrs. I would get my refunds for BOTH times u all took monies from my account.In the amount of $41.61, +another $41.61.due to my boyfriend tried it first n we didn't think it worked ( Kenneth E. Buffa ) n myself Tonya L. Gromling.To date October 2, 2009 I have not recieved a dime n I am positive it has been more than 48-72 hrs. from September 23, 2009.So per a phone call this mornin I was told there was no phone # n this was the only way to make contact with ur company, so plz reply to let me know when I will b recieving the monies u have agreed to refund back into my bank account.$41.61 + $41.61= $83.22.That is the amount u said I would b refunded.

• Ha
    harleygirl46 Oct 05, 2009

I like everybody else was taken in by grants360 i was charged $1.95 plus an extra 57.61.My problem is I can not find a phone number for them I want them shut down going to call bbb Some of us do not have the money to waste.Wanted help to open my own business instead I got screwed...THEY NEED TO BE SHUTDOWN...ANGRY IN FLORIDA

• Ph
    phyllis waddell Oct 11, 2009

i paid for grants 360.com. didn't receive. i don't want any mote charges

• Va
    valerie patrick Oct 15, 2009

my name is valerie patrick, iam requestining my refund of 57.61 be returned to me ammedialy. i have called several times on this and was told my acct was closed as of the09/08/2009, which was the very next morning. i have filled ouy the refund request form twice and still have had no responce, i have my statement from my bank pulled up and there is an additional 1.95, 1.15 and 03 cents deducted from my acct. i have no ideal what it is all for but i want it returned to my acct, now!!! this is the longest 24hrs i have ever had. your company is a very bad bysiness! iam iam reporting you to the better business bruea. and if i need to do so i will contact a lawyer to recieve my money back. i have no shipping and handling fees. i want all my money returned.NOW!!! IAM TIRED OF WATING ON THIS COMPANY FOR A RESPONSE. I HAVE READ OTHER CONMENTS ABOUT THIS COMPANY AND SITE AND UNDERSTAND YOU ARE A RIP OFF. I EXPECT THIS MATTER BE RESOLVED TODAY . I ORDERED THIS ON 09/07/2009 AND IT IS NOW 09/15/2009 WHATS THE PROBBLEM WITH THIS COMPANY? when you wanted your money it was taken right away! nopw i cant seam to get my refund back as of 09/15/2009. i will not recomand you to anyone. you lie and sheet. i expect an answer and my money back today!!!

valerie patrick
    o9/15/2009

Jaz complain Oct 18, 2009

I got an email that I am not qualified to be in Google Ad sense because my URL is not good. I understood about that. Now my wescom credit union bank called that there is an attempt to automatic take the $4.00 plus, i told do not authorize it because they disqualify me . I am not interested in your business anymore why ? because this morning I get a heart attack that i was charge not even $4.00 as per your advertisement now became $79.00 .?
    Please i want my refund back because I have to pay overdraft charge also $33.00 bec. my bank became negative because of the auto deductions of $79.00 . I need to dispute that and put the money back in my account as soon as possible. I learn a lesson not to deceive with internet offer.
    Do not convince me in this Google business anymore, i am not qualified, end of story.
    Thank you so much.
    I will call eastern time [protected] to make sure i will have my refund back.
    Jasmin

• Bi
    bird09 Nov 02, 2009

i was only suppose to be charged 1.95 and they took 40.00 from my account

madmom31 Nov 05, 2009

i ordered grants 360 just the other day and already i have some crazy activity on my debit card. this kind of stuff ripping people off is ridiculous!!! some of us have it hard trying to make it in this world, especially when you have kids to raise.After ordering this program and seeing the REAL charges, i am pissed!!! i will be contacting ACTION 9 NEWS here in nc and whoever else that can help to get the word out about all these scams for things on government grants. It's all just a joke! I can guarantee grants 360 hasn't heard the last from me. there troubles are only beginning!!!

• Mo
    momfroglover Nov 21, 2009

I now know not to trust what CNN, MSN say is a good deal. That advertisment was probably a scam too. BBB cant touch them because they are out of the country. How can an outsider offer Government Grants In the United States. Unless they are not US Grants What a scam. I wish I could mark scam all over their web site.
    Good luck in getting your money back. I won't happen. If anyone know an international complaint department that will help let me know. I will go to battle.