gotovillage.ca Joe Caprera### landlord

1 Review updated:

this landlord own too much money to bank, everyday he wants to increase the rent.
it increase 8% of rent one year, and he used fraudulent documents to cheat on the court of la Régie du logement

Village I

2525 Modugno Street
H4R 1X6 CANADA

• La
    Laura ARB Apr 22, 2021

2525 rue modugno Worst place ever!!! Joe Caprera does not knows the word RESPECT. Nasty and unsafe place, don’t Waste your money and time living there. Master of fraud...

• Ad
    Adja Jun 30, 2020

I life in 975 croissant du Ruisseau and the building is infested with cockroaches... it is disgusting to see them walk around.
    Joe Caprera recently changed the old washer/dryer that did not wash well and would flood the laundry room. However, he increased each machine from $2 to $3, which he rudely justified by the fact that the machines are new!! So basically charging the tenant because HE had to update the machines to prevent them from ruining his own building.

• Cy
    Cyn22 Mar 12, 2018

WoW! All of these complaints are true. Joe Caprera is a piece of lying garbage. He charges way too much rent and doesnt keep up his many properties. The Regie de Logement even refers to him as a slum lord.

• Sp
    Space Pirate Mar 23, 2017

Most of the complaints are 100% valid and reflect my own experiences as well. Caprera is only interested in collecting rent and doing as little as necessary to maintain his buildings and provide a safe and clean environment. Laundry machines are cash only because he doesn't declare the revenue. He claims that a tenant has not paid rent for a month or more, yet the tenant has proof that he cashed their checks. This happens constantly with many tenants at a time. Basement locker rooms are often broken into, yet neither he nor his superintendents report the crimes to the police. If the heating system breaks, he simply shuts it down and doesn't notify his tenants. To make matters worse he doesn't have the heating system repaired immediately, and instead waits at least one week before doing anything. This happened in my building two years ago and some of the tenants actually called the police - who in turn called Caprera in the middle of the night to ask what's going on. It's nearly impossible to reach him when you have and issue that needs to be discussed. He doesn't show up for appointments at the Regie du Logement. Tells lies to the judge about why he couldn't show up the previous time. I spoke to a tenant's advocacy group about him. They know him all too well and how bad of a person and landlord he is. Tenants from all of his properties are constantly having to fight him about all kinds of issues. Do yourself a favour and avoid renting in any of his buildings.

• Dh
    [email protected] Jan 21, 2017

Watch out for his building managers!

...if you are single they will single you out on rent in arrears
    even if you have proof of payments

• Ba
    batman9508 Jan 22, 2016

No heating. Got only 1 key wth my roomate. Postbox key doesn't work.. coackroaches all over the house!! He could not exterminate them even tho I gave him 2 chances. Now the house is super toxic and still having roaches. I have asked to activate my buzzer.. of course nothing happened.. going to court soon. We will see if the system is just or not.

• Yo
    Youshi Aug 06, 2015

Hello Shervink85,
    I will be going to court too for trouble caused by the landlord. Can you tell me how was the ruling done? And did he come with a lawyer?
    Thanks.
    YR

• Sh
    Shervink85 Jan 20, 2015

He easily lies! I've been in court with him today and since I had already read your comments I expected what I saw! He even made the judge laugh. Everyone should sue this guy knowing that he's a crook! The legal system should be trusted however He makes up documents. Judges are not stupid. I'm wondering why all my neighbors whine but they do not take action! make up your documents and go ahead people. You DESERVE much better

• La
    lance2025 May 18, 2014

Rude, Greedy ###!! stole my $200 deposit money which they asked for a credit check and never called me back. When I called them after two weeks, they asked me to sign a lease with so many conditions. Big time crook!! BEWARE...BEWARE..BEWARE!! Never ever believe this man, doesn't have a heart and probably got some psychological issues as well.

• Zi
    zitaz Feb 04, 2014

Agrosberg, I have a similar situation and can't reach anyone for a legal matter. My appartment flooded with black moldy water, the heating in the building didn't work, almost no water coming out of my bath/shower and nothing was done to help me after many complaints to the janitor.

Many tenants collectively made complaints to the régie du logement due to a lack of heat, temporary lack of water throughout the building etc..

The régie doesn't even have this guy's correct contact information...

• Zi
    zitaz Feb 04, 2014

Living in this place was a HORRIBLE experience. Joe Caprera is a ### landlord. The circumstances made me believe I was living like a 3rd world citizen with high rent prices.

• Ag
    agrosberg Nov 19, 2013

I am having difficulty reaching this landlord - does anyone have a cell phone number or his email address?
    This is a serious issue which may be escalated to legal action. He auto-renewed the lease of one of my clients for one year-despite the fact that notice to terminate was provided and letter received, with evidence from Canada Post.
    All I have is the number of his secretary who does not return my calls.

• Ge
    Gemstone Jones Dec 30, 2012

this is bull you're a deadbeat tenant, making stuff up

• Lo
    locat67 Dec 30, 2012

This guy is a crook. He supposedly "lost" 4 of my rent cheques. I gave him new ones and had the first series stopped at the bank, but he still tried to cash them 6 months later, when he thought I had forgotten about them. Now my lock just broke and for 4 days the super refused to fix the lock so I couldn't get outside the apartment. When I finally called the locksmith to get things moving, Caprera refused to pay. I have to fight him now over 170$ when I've been living here for 10 years and never missed a month with my rent.

• Cf
    cfior25 Dec 05, 2012

Will we be getting a new concierge
    will the elevator that breaks down 1 a month be fixed properly and not band-aid solution
    I had to walk 5 flight I just came out of surgery and my stitches popped... not good...
    I have friends coming over and one of them walks with a cane. Need the elevator fixed permanently.

• Du
    dutrisac Dec 04, 2012

He's just a sick piece of crap... he owns too much money so he thinks he can rule the world... ###.. i live in 2005 rue dutrisac.. the heater is on and i'm sure if someone farts you can get more heat than the silly heater!! crap lodging!

• Fr
    franklin111 Aug 09, 2012

this piece of ### charged $100.00 deposit for a credit check which is not allowed under the law and the ###er never called back to say yes or no and now i am out the money, stay away from modugno street and his janitor ### jenna

• Al
    AL-mohamed Jul 18, 2012

He is a good Landlord. He bought the building in a BAD condition and slowly he is rebuilding them. Yes he will increase the rent - at least he does work for the increase. Our past landlord only increased the rent and NEVER did anything. Bravo JOE we believe in YOU. Merci

• Mo
    moklat Apr 14, 2012

he is very nice guy i live at 2323 modugno one of his bldg..he is very hard working guy..he increase with reasonable..his employees are very helpful keep them with us..

• Mo
    Montrealking Jan 02, 2012

This guy is a slumlord, he cuts the heat in the middle of winter

• 7t