George Foreman G5 GrillGot shocked twice

B

I Purchased a George Foreman G5 grill online from Costco July 2006. I have used the grill 2 times and have been shocked 2 times. The first time I was rinsing off chicken breasts and my elbow accidentally brushed up against the metal bar; it sent a significant shock through me. The next day I had a piece of chicken in my right hand and grabbed only the rubber part of the bar to lift the grill when I received another significant shock. I have not used the grill since. I contacted Salton customer service and was told to take it back to Costco; they offered no assistance. I filed an online report with Underwriter’s Laboratories and have been told they will investigate the matter. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Mayjaybo Sep 12, 2017

We've just bought the George Foreman Fat Reducing Grill, very expensive!! The bottom plate cleaned like new but I cannot clean the top plate - it feels smooth to the touch but it's all stained so I wondered if it was faulty? Anyone else have this problem?

angie cortese Sep 23, 2007

you said that costco "offered no help" did you ask them to return it? !! what do you expect that they should "do" ? They would be happy to return a defective product.

• Do
    Doyle Campbell Sep 15, 2007

My gr26cb, I received it as an anniversary gift, did not open it for over a year, now that I started using it the Teflon has come off a fourth of the lower part, the upper lid is fine. Would buy a newer model, but will the same thing happen? Guess not!

Beware!