GE Profile Washerpiece of crap

i had bought a washer and dryer from sears on sunday jan 30, 2010. i had spent $957. when purchasing these items the associate was glad to help we set everything up delievery was for monday feb. 1, 2010. i get my washer on monday put laundry in it it fills with water then just stops. i called for service i went threw hell just to get someone to come out. a guy comesx tells me the motor is fried.now for $ 510. i expect a washer machine to work. i called again everyone tranfers me to another representative. i gave up for the day. i called on tuesday eight times to sears in newburgh no one picked up no managers to deal with the problem. i called corporation even they couldnt get ahold of anyone. everyone will help when ur making a purchase but when something goes wrong no one can help no one has any idea what to do. i will never purchase anything from sears again they are by far the worst company to deal with.

madashellinFla. Jul 30, 2011

Join the sucker club. Never again for me. No more GE.

madashellinFla. Jul 30, 2011

The problem with the top loading ge profile washers is that they are direct drive washers. There is no transmission to reverse direction of the agitator and the motor must constantly change directions. That is why it makes that weird whining/surging noise as the motor brakes each time and reverses itself. In order to accomplish this they put one circuit board ON TOP OF THE MOTOR where it is subject to jarring and heat from the motor. The control board is in the usual place on the panel atop the machine. So many electronic glitches can happen with this poorly engineered design that is certain to need repairs before five years. Mine was economically totaled after just two. It costs more for parts than it is worth. GE should at least make control boards and motors cheap enough so their faulty equipment can be repaired by the customer. Do yourself a favor and find a conventional machine with as few electronic bells and whistles as possible. Get mechanical drive machines that do not use the motor as an agitator and the fewer circuit boards the better. It might be a good idea to check out the cost of replacement ot the more expensive components of what you are thinking of buying. I wish I had.

MadinAustin Jul 14, 2011

I paid almost $1K for a GE Profile washing machine. After having several items come out of the washer still dirty I watched the unit in the beginning of the wash cycle. I determined the problem was that the unit did not fill with enough water to cover the load. There was barely an inch or two of water for a large load!!! No wonder things were not getting clean! Since then washing has been a nightmare. I must put 4 or 5 gallons of heated water into the dumb thing manually after it has started to wash. I contacted the store where it was purchased and was told the limited water was a "feature" of the unit's energy conservation. Never again will I buy from GE.

MarianneS Oct 24, 2010

I agree that the items you buy now a days is made inferior, so when it breaks down, we have to go buy it again. However, I would not buy the same brand. My new washer had troubles from day one. The techs were here numerous times, either just looking at washer or ordering parts to replace, all to no avail. The machine will not clean my clothes and the fabric softner still hits the clothes before there is water to moisten the load and protect from stains. I am considering a class action suit. The only other thing is to just break down and buy a different brand washer to replace the one that is defective. Marianne

• Pa
    Pat Hall Jun 13, 2010

In May of 2009 I purchased a GE Profile top loading washer. I have had nothing but problems with it. On May 5, 2010 my washe rstopped agitating also wouldn't spin. After waiting until June 10, 2010 a very nice repair man came and fixed it. That was last Thursday afternoon. On Saturday morning June 12, 2010, the washer stopped working again. This is just rediculous. I feel this washer should be on the recall list also. It is nothing but a piece of garbage. It took me 3 years to save up the money to purchase a new washer and dryer and I ended up with junk. Is there anything I can do about this? I think it is stupid for me to keep having the thing repaired when it's obvious that it should be replaced. No appliance that is barley 1 year old should have to be repaired twice already. Please don't waste your money or time purchasing this washer. It is a big mistake. I have heard from several other consumers who have the same type of washer. They too have had problems from day one. I will have an update in a few days as I have put in a request for Monday the 14TH of June to have it repaired again.

• Gl
    Glen Dec 17, 2008

Purchases GE Profile Wahser year ago. Thougght I was upgrading by purchasing a Profile appliance. Mother Board went 1 year and 1 month after purchase. Had to fight to get somone out, then again to have charges waived and the mother board is covered (2-5 years). Tech installed new one after 2 week wait and proclaimed fixed and left. Five minutes after he left I went to use machine does not work!!! Could not get tech back for over another week. He looked at it again and said bab mother board (are you kidding me!) has to order another one. No we are into the holidays so over another week wait. Customer service was unprofessional, not knowledgeable, there was no one to even speak with about the problem before tech came so maybe they might be aware and have a part on the truck. The techs should carry replacement parts as that is what they do!! Frustrated and angry. We moved into a new home year ago and builder used all GE appliances had other problems with microwave, fridge and dishwasher. GE stinks!