Galaxy VanlinesMoving rip-off

1st contact (binding estimate) stated any additional cubit feet would be billed at time of pick up. It failed to disclose that the charge was 3 times more than the pr cubit feet charge of the initial estimate.

I selected mover packing. Contract stated packing supplies were additional. After the pick up was loaded the charges were disclosed at Rolls of Tape $15.00 a cardboard box $15.00 and 4x4 bubble wrap $15.00 totaling over 750.00 in materials because packers used excessive amounts of packing material.

Finally on the pick up receipt I was told I had to pay cash if I wanted to guarantee delivery within 5 days. I did. The mover failed to delivery on the agreed upon date and I did not receive my belongings for 10 more days. Charged $350.00 for Fuel fee IN CASH that contract stated was included.

Each stage in the move a new contract was introduced with added stipulations, however it was always done strategically after they had loaded, or after they had collected balance. They basically held my belongings ransom and then did anything they wanted regardless of what had been agreed to in the contract.

• Pe
    PEAKVANLINESSCAM Aug 27, 2008

This company is a total nightmare. I spent one month without being able to sleep because of them.
    They trick you, fool you... they don't answer your phone (Lian only... they say they have representatives, but it a one person deal) and they do not reply to emails once they have your shipment. They promise deliver in 7 days and mine took a month.
    They lie all the time about when your shipment is coming.
    Worst I had all my furniture broken...and my boxes were all wet in the bottom because it was probably seating in water on the truck.
    They demand payment in cash and they give you a 6 cent insurance that you cannot change. I tried to change it when they went to pick up my furniture and they threatened me to sign papers or they would leave my furniture outside my building.

Another friend went through the same, plus he has items missing!!!
    AVOID THEM OR YOU WILL REGRET.

• Pe
    PEAKVANLINESSCAM Aug 27, 2008

This company is a total nightmare. I spent one month without being able to spleep because of them.
    They lie all the time about when your shipment is coming.
    They demand payment in cash and they give you a 6 cent insurance that you cannot change. I tried to change it when they went to pick up my furniture and they threated me to sign papers or they would leave my furniture outside my building.

Another friend went through the same, plus he has items missing!!!
    AVOID THEM OR YOU WILL REGRET.