Furniturebuzz — Goods not shipped
I lost about $200 when I ordered something that FurnitureBuzz never shipped me. I would advise all who have given money to FurnitureBuzz to cancel their order and force a refund ASAP. The company is currently telling customers that delivery takes "21 to 30 business days", and once they do not deliver, they say that a refund will take "30 to 40 business days". These dilatory tactics are clearly a sign that FurnitureBuzz is currently out of cash, and that a bankruptcy may be imminent. Basically, whenever a new customer ill-advisedly buys something on FurnitureBuzz.com, the company uses the money to refund another customer who has been waiting for it for months. Needless to say: make sure you are very loud in forcing your refund. If you aren't, they will certainly give any newly available moneys to a customer who has been able to threaten them more effectively. "Being loud" means, among other things:
1) Start a dispute for fraud with your bank/credit card company;
2) File a claim against FurnitureBuzz on the website of the Better Business Bureau of Northeast Florida and the Southeast Atlantic (www.bbbnefla.org; [protected]);
3) File a complaint against FurnitureBuzz on the Federal Bureau of Investigation's internet fraud website, also known as IC3 (www.ic3.gov);
4) File a complaint with Georgia's Governor's Office of Consumer Protection [protected]);
5) Send a strongly worded letter of complaint to Google, demanding that they remove FurnitureBuzz (and other clearly fraudolent companies) from their search results. Search engine removal would finally stop customers from falling into FurnitureBuzz's online trap.
Be quick, however. When bankruptcy sets in, it may end up taking years for you to recover any money, and there is a strong likelihood that you will recover none.