Furnisho of Hull — Jeeves Bowler Hat Pendant Lights
Hello Fellow Consumers
You wouldn't believe what I received for £200 plus postage and package (non-refundable) from Furnisho of Hull. Well I ordered two Jeeves Bowler Hat Pendant lights and what I received was:
Two extremely dodgey Bowler Hat lights in the following condition:
1. Delivered in a box that had random filthy pieces of broken up polystyrene inside with footprints on the polystyrene.
2. No proper packing around the lights.
3. The wiring on both lights was damaged and split and very dangerous.
4. The wiring had no earth on either lights and when tested by an electrician they blew two brand new bulbs and the wiring threw out sparks.
5. There was no return information or address inside the box.
6. There was no delivery information or paperwork inside or outside the box.
7. The box looked as though it was old and had been used several times before and not fit for purpose.
8. There was no British Standard kite marks on either light fittings or any European kite marks.
9. The lights were bent and badly marked.
10. There was no installation instructions with the lights or information on the maximum watts per bulb i.e. safety information.
I totally felt as though I had been scammed. Furnisho demanded images of the package and lights and didn't even offer an apology. They also insisted the return of the goods was on their terms only and no refund on delivery was possible. I don't even believe they would have refunded my money either, because the website talks about if they receive the goods back damaged, then they do not refund your money. Once these dodgey lights and dodgey packaging had been returned to them, what power would I have to ensure I received all my money back.
I am now sending the images of the incredibly dodgey items to Trading Standards and European Consumer Standards organisations to stop people like Furnisho treating consumers as though they do not have rights and do not have a brain to see through their scams. DON'T BE CONNED BY FURNISHO - SHOP ELSEWHERE!
Susie from Buckinghamshire