Foot Solutions/Chung ChiWorkout/Fitness shoes

In light of FTC ruling on Reebok fitness shoe refund stipulation, I am entering my experience w/ Chung Chi shoes from Foot Solutions, paying over $250.00. Last 11/2010 I developed back trouble that did not respond to steroid shots as had previously. Neurology test & report determined I have spinal stenosis, spondylolisthesis(mouth full huh), as well as my L4-L5 preexisting herniation. I am possibly facing back surgery. Had the retailer questioned me about this L4-L5 condition, I should not have been sold these shoes. The internet research I have done advised against these fitness shoes w/ any preexisting conditions. My quality of life has been greatly diminished. I have digestion, bowel & urinary problems that OBGYN/ Urologist have found cause by possibly the compression of spinal cord-stenosis. If back surgery is the fix I need it. I get great newsletters from Spine-Health.com/ The Federal Trade Commission has no history of complaints about these shoes. Perhaps this site can be used as forum to collect data to present. Feel free 2 contact me.

Workout/Fitness shoes

• Po
    poncedspine Oct 12, 2011

One can enter company name in space provided and search for other complaints.

• Po
    poncedspine Oct 12, 2011

I must add this note. While i did purchase the shoes n 2007, I did not begin actually using them regularly until 2009, after my Katrina home was repaired & I could resume somewhat normal activities. I have spine x-ray of 2008 that shows integrity of spine, & test beginning in 2010 w/ deficiencies. I questioned the manner n which I was/wasn't screened for preexisting conditions. Had that happened I wouldn't have been a good candidate 4 those shoes. As 4 someones good outcome, each will have individual history. I had been a runner for years, I did not develop any problem as serious as what I have now until I used those shoes. I am facing back surgery. The only parameter that changed in my fitness program was the introduction of those shoes! I realize my only recourse is here. Perhaps it may alert others who don't know why they are experiencing issues after using the shoe. I appreciate the store owners attention.I will continue 2 monitor this post.

• Me
    Metairie Foot Solutions Oct 04, 2011

As the owner of the store that sold the Chung Shis to this customer, I feel that I should add a few facts. The customer bought the shoes in May of 2007, and apparently wore them for almost 3 1/2 years before her back problems cropped up in Nov. of 2010. In that length of time, the customer never contacted us to ask us to check the fit, or to assess the shoes for wear patterns, etc. Many of our customers who purchased Chung Shi reported relief from back pain subsequent to their shoe purchase. One or our employees credits the Chung Shis with solving her pregnancy-related back pain. I'm sorry for this customer's health situation, but there is no evidence that the shoes are to blame.