Fluff-n-puff CatteryI am outraged!

L

I am outraged. Three years ago after losing our beautiful blue point Himalayan, Timugen, to PKD (polycystic kidney disease). We went looking for another kitten to keep Timugen's brother company. We researched many different catteries online, looking for one that tested for pkd. We found Fluff-n-Puff in New Jersey and drove down to see her kittens. We fell in love with a little bluepoint male and took him home that day. It must be noted, I asked several times if she tested her cats for pkd and each time she replied that all of her cats were tested and extremely healthy. She said she would never sell a sick kitten. Our little boy is now three and we decided to have him genetically tested and sure enough he is pkd positive. I called the cattery, but could never get the owner, Ola on the phone. Finally I IM'd her while she was online and told her of Ramses illness, which is genetic and can be determined with a forty dollar test. She denied that any of her cats tested positive for the disease. And that his parents were healthy and happy. She said she had retired them anyway, which I knew was not true because she advertised that Ramses father had just ired another litter. When I brought it to her attention she said it was his last litter. Now, it is scientifically known that pkd kittens can only be born from pkd positive kittens, if she had in fact tested her cats she would have known this. She also said she was closing the cattery. I just went online and saw she has another litter for sale and that Ramses parents are still listed as breeding cats. Fortunately I saved the IM conversation on my computer. If anyone is looking to buy a Himalayan kitten, Beware of this breeder. Not only is pkd a horrible way to die but the care of these poor sick animals is extremely expensive.

• Ah
    Ah, ha HA! Jan 05, 2017

I had a himalayan from Olga. Olga kept in touch with me and my himalayan lived a long healthy life. Mia had a great personality and was beautifully socialized. I lost my himmy to older age issues, she lived a happy, healthy joyful life. I think Olga did a great job with her breeding, I know I got a wonderful cat from her.

joyc1688 Dec 21, 2008

the breeders name is olga, and she is a very good breeder. i purchased 4 cats from her over the past 7 yrs and they are all very healthy! OLGA STOPPED BREEDING AROUND 2006 AND THEN GAVE AWAY ALL HER BREEDING CATS! I WENT TO HER HOUSE AND PICKED UP A HIMALAYAN AND A PERSIAN CAT IN 2007, SHE SAID TO ME ALL I HAD TO DO WAS GET THEM SPAYED AND I DID! olga never answers her home phone, aka her business phone. she only answers her cell phone, she did stop breeding because she did it for a long time and the cats were to retire. i hope you feel stupid for posting assumptions.