Flashcoms.com Flash Community Video Chatpoor customer service / product support

R

Bought the software from this company and ever since, they provided a product (flash video chat) that had issues from the start. They are hard to get a hold of for support and only have a basic web based response system. You leave a message, they respond type thing. However, it takes them days if not weeks to respond, if at all ever. The support is horrible. Just recently, we moved to new servers and had our IP addresses changed. Since this chat is flash based and you don't get the source, you have to request from them to update the package to work with the new IP address. Well, it's been a week and still haven't heard from them. I'm losing customers because our chat isn't working.

JUST A WARNING to anyone who is thinking of purchasing this software... BEWARE: Once your a paid customer, you probably no longer matter and it will be difficult to get a response from this company.

• Bo
    bobcsf Aug 10, 2018

Flashcoms deleted my account and changed my passwords when i told them i was gonna go with someone else. Also they too are soo shady and after paying over 1000 to them (software, edits) i regret it all the time. i suggest no one go with them at all or you might be cheated out. Plus they over charge on custom edits.

• Fr
    freddynwo Mar 09, 2018

you guys in the comments crack me up. i got them and i got 0 zero problems with them. i can prove i don't even work for them or a spokesmen or anything of that nature lol. I spent 798 on the best one and got all plug in's for free and they all work 100000% if not better. yea some stuff like youtube player dont work (youtube blocked it actually), the gifts and other small stuff but it still has alot of great things to make up for it.

• Rc
    Rcman5000 Aug 18, 2017

Well, I (was) going to go all out and purchase the pro version of their chat room with a lot of customization. it would have cost like $900 for everything, but I expected that and they even agreed to add all plugins for me + my customizations. we negotiated about the customizations for like a month, and then when it finally came to finalizing everything - they said that to get started, they would need ftp access to my server and my root directory. I asked them why??? because we can do our own installs and do not want or require their services. they were insistent, but I refused and quoted their own website which said customers would simply receive a zip file, and pointed out that their directions for installation are right on their website... and no mention of giving them ftp access is anywhere on their site. after denying them and showing them their own site quotes showing that no ftp access is necessary - that's the last I heard from them in 3 days so far!!

So yeah, i'd say flashcoms = red flag central!! they also never told me that if they put me on their media/chat server, that i'd be paying $10 per month for it. I only learned that just now from reading you guy's complaints smh. these guys are obviously shifty as fuqq... i'm so glad they cut their own foot off by demanding ftp access and setting off all my alarm bells. had they played it smooth, i'd be out of over a grand right now. -_-

Thanks to you all for your comments. there's another complaint about them also on [redacted].com - I think that's what it's called. smh.

• Fr
    Frank Oz Sep 04, 2015

I am not sure why everybody here hates them so much. Personally I had a great time with them. No downtimes for me, support responds quite fast. And their corporate chat is awesome. It saves me a lot of time and bring some cash flow in.

• Cu
    curious_man Sep 25, 2013

so is it just me, or is anyone else having a problem loading the flash chat from this company. I cant get the chat room from my fav website to load because it says I need to upgrade to flash player 8, all of my stuff is up to date and I'm running windows 8 pro...could that be the problem?

• Pa
    Paul Rees Aug 28, 2013

just a nightmare to deal with, no support, so unprofessional, and their server keeps going down, stay away they have costed our business thousands of dollars

client_angry Sep 27, 2012

Flashcoms actually, they do'nt know what version of the chat are selling, very downgrade.
    We want a u. s. base made chat, not other coutries horrible chats.

client_angry Aug 12, 2012

Dealing with flashcoms was a terrible pain!!!. do you know all I have to do to get 300.00 u. s. for a u. k chat? where are north american chats? I am tyred of dealing with foreign chats

client_angry Aug 12, 2012

and 12-flashchats requires huge cpu, and memory vps and dedicated servers to run a complicated flashchat
    you would spend like 600 anual hosting a vps his ridiculous chat. .

all chat make you waste huge ammount of money.

• Gf
    gfssdhs Jun 11, 2012

Yeah flashcoms is horrible. i'm trying to integrate it with a CMS and they have provided me out dated code that is not compatible with the version of CMS i'm using.

they're consistently pushing to buy there ridiculous integration and installation service which is $150 and it's their code which is broken.

flashcoms are a very bad company to deal with. visichat, 123flashchat is solution you need to take if you're looking for a flash chat provider.

client_angry May 30, 2012

Allegally and apparently, I have a horrible experience with them, they sold me a chat without user registration, lack of information in manual, it contain too many problems, I got bored with the chat options, lack of many options, users have to pay like 30 dollars each 3 month for a flash media server, 2012. chat is always downgrade, I think they don't eve created the chat, maybe other company. I am very angry about paying 299.00 bucks for a chat always look the same over the years. I wasted my time, money, and user went away from the chat because of the complication they had. I paid for a chat that is not open source and each customization is extremely to expensive., every time I got an update I got a chat with problems, I want my money back.

• Br
    Brian M. Mar 25, 2010

Saw these old posts and was glad to discover that situation with flashcoms is improving. I purchased their community chat this year. The nice things: sales managers are always available and helped me choose what was right for me; they customized the chat for my needs; support replies are quick and helpful. What I didn’t like: it is sometimes hard to get a hold of their support by phone…

Charles Wang Oct 28, 2009

Don't buy from them, we should have known when we tried to contact their SALES team to ask questions and never got a response back.

• To
    TonyX Jul 15, 2009

We have had a horrible experience with FlashComs as well. We purchased their flash chat program and they offer little to no support. It takes days to get a response!

• Dd
    dddddd Jul 05, 2009

Agree,

Horrible support.

• Ro
    Rob Nov 26, 2008

Here is a link to other experiences from other people with Flashcoms and their flash video chat program: http://forum.tufat.com/archive/index.php/t-16405.html