Five Diamond Siberians (Cat Breeder)Genetically compromised and physically disfigured siberian kitten

B

In late summer, 2008, I purchased a kitten from this cattery. I met the breeder, paid cash, came home, and when the kitten emerged from the crate I could see that he was crippled. Notified breeder, saw vet, saw orthopedic specialist, and was told this was developmental. Notified breeder again, who threatened me not to ever contact him again - denying my factual paperwork. By the way, the papers with the cat were for a different cat, and had two different birth dates, the kitten was consumed with parasites, I never received the promised registration papers, and they never provided me with the kitten's vaccinations other than to take a picture of a vaccination bottle that they had injected. Fast forward, Boris has lived with his disability, but sadly other developmental problems were uncovered. He had a heart murmur; lost his beautiful coat; became frail; and despite numerous vet visits and medications, x-rays, prescriptive food, and everything imaginable to help him, his life further diminished to the point where he had to be put down this afternoon. What a tragic end to such a short life. Despite Boris's multiple health problems we loved him dearly, and he had a beautiful personality. I am writing to warn other potential Siberian cat buyers that this cattery never took responsibility, let alone acknowledged that they had sold me a sick cat. The only thing I ever wanted from them was to split the cost of the surgery he needed, and look into this obvious genetic disability to save future kittens/cats this heartbreaking and painful journey. They refused. We are in sadness and mourning tonight, and hoping that if only the authorities would pay this cattery a visit to determine whether they are truly breeding with knowledge and expertise, or a cattery in a house with no protocol or abidance for proper breeding.

• Ro
    ron gutowski Sep 15, 2018

We had some experience with a breeder of the same name some years ago. We are curious whether this could be the same breeder ? Could you tell us where the breeder was located ?

We now exactly hoy you feel, Our sincerest condolences

([email protected] )

• Dc
    D Cls Dec 22, 2017

I was seriously considering buying a cat from this cattery, but this sincere complaint has changed my mind.