Menu
Five Below Customer Service Phone, Email, Contacts

Five Below
reviews and complaints

www.fivebelow.com

Learn how the rating is calculated

4.4 201 Reviews

How responsive is Five Below's customer service?

0 Resolved
14 Unresolved
Absolutely frustrating 🫠
It's quite possible that Five Below is not aware of the complaints or rarely monitors their existence because we find it hard to believe they don't care about their customers. We advise reviewers to be very careful and have a backup plan if their issue isn't addressed. Check out other unresolved complaints on ComplaintsBoard to avoid problems caused by Five Below's silence.
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Five Below has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews
Write a review File a complaint

Five Below reviews and complaints 38

Sort by:

Newest Five Below reviews and complaints

L
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Five Below Five Below raises prices, disappoints customers with questionable quality

I recently visited a Five Below store here in Houston, TX and I must say, I am not impressed. The prices have been raised. It seems like their name should be changed to "Five Above" instead of "Five Below". They have added more items in their store, many of which cost more than five dollars. Even the items marked as five dollars have jumped to $5.55 and $5.95. It's getting harder and harder to find a good deal in there.

On my last visit, I purchased six items and was shocked to learn that I had spent $46.11. That's almost fifty bucks! Who would have thought that you could spend that much money at a store called Five Below? It's preposterous! They need to get their prices in check and remember what their name suggests.

Furthermore, the quality of their items is questionable. Some of the things I bought broke after only a few uses. I'm not sure if it's worth spending your hard-earned money on something that will break so easily.

In conclusion, I would advise shoppers to be cautious when visiting Five Below. Don't assume that everything costs "five below". Take your time and read the price tags before you buy. And as for the store, they need to stick to their original concept and keep their prices low. Until then, I'll be taking my business elsewhere.

M

Five Below Mixed Experience at Five Below: Lip Balm and Headphone Frustrations

So, I recently went to Five Below to grab some candy, but I ended up getting lip balm instead. I didn't even notice that it said "lip balm" on the packaging because the letters were so tiny. It was a bit disappointing, but I decided to give the store another chance and picked up some headphones. Unfortunately, when I tried to use them, the sound was still coming out of my phone. I tried to take the headphones out, but they ended up breaking in my phone. It was frustrating because I used to really enjoy shopping at Five Below, but now I'm not so sure.

B

Five Below Beware Self Checkout and Lack of Sanitization at Five Below

Five Below is just like any other store when it comes to prices, but there's one thing you need to watch out for when you visit: the check out process. It's all self checkout which I'm not a fan of. If I'm going to be my own cashier and bagger, then the prices should be lowered. And let's not forget about hand sanitizer. It's more important now than ever before to have it readily available at the register. The machines are used by everyone, and nobody wipes them down. It's very unsanitary and reminds me of Walmart. I won't be shopping at either of these stores if I have to play the role of a cashier and bagger. I'm not getting paid for it, and it's downright unsanitary.

R
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Five Below Disappointing Experience at Five Below: Lack of Diversity and Inclusivity

I had a really bad experience at Five Below. I went to the store near my house to buy a furry venom black panther funko-pop, but they didn't have any in stock. I was really disappointed and upset. I felt like they were being racist because it's black history month and they should have had more black panther merchandise. It's not fair that they didn't have what I wanted.

I also think it's not cool that they don't support the furry community. I'm a furry and I feel like they should have more furry merchandise available. It's not fair that they only cater to certain groups of people.

Overall, I was really disappointed with my experience at Five Below. I don't think I'll be shopping there again. They need to do better and be more inclusive.

C
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Five Below Disappointing Experience at Five Below: Unprofessional Staff and Poor Store Conditions

I recently visited the Five Below store located at 1011 University Blvd on a Sunday evening at around 5:49 pm. To my surprise, the doors were locked even though I could see people shopping inside. I knocked on the door and a young lady came to answer, but she seemed quite angry and asked me why I was knocking. I explained that according to their website, the store was supposed to be open for another 10 minutes and I needed to buy a few things.

The lady and her colleagues started talking about how I must be having a bad day, which was quite rude and unnecessary. I just wanted to do some shopping, but their behavior made me feel unwelcome.

When I finally got inside, I was disappointed to find that there were very few items available on the shelves. The store was also quite dirty, which was not a pleasant sight.

Overall, my experience at Five Below was not a good one. The staff's behavior was unprofessional and the store was not well-stocked or clean. I hope they can improve their customer service and store maintenance in the future.

C
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Five Below Mixed Experience at Five Below in Miami River Landing: Friendly Staff, Frustrating Manager and Employee Attitude

I recently went to Five Below at the river landing site in Miami and had a bit of a frustrating experience. The manager seemed to be constantly sending employees over to me when I was trying to pay, which was a bit annoying. And when I left, he was pretty rude to me, which was embarrassing.

However, I will say that two of the employees were really nice and friendly. They were both very charismatic and made me feel welcome in the store. Unfortunately, the other employee was pretty rough and had a bad attitude, just like the manager. She even excused her behavior by saying that she was Cuban and that's just how they speak.

Overall, I think that the employees at Five Below could benefit from more training, especially the manager who doesn't even speak English. It would be great if they could all be as friendly and welcoming as the two employees who made my experience a little bit better.

S

Five Below Disappointed and Frustrated: Missing Package from Five Below

So, I was super excited to order some stuff online from Five Below but boy was I disappointed when they claimed my package was delivered but I never received it. I even checked with FedEx and they said they never even received the package from Five Below in the first place. I tried calling Five Below several times but they said they would get back to me and I'm still waiting. It's frustrating because I was really looking forward to my order and now it seems like I might never get it.

L

Five Below Don't Waste Your Money: A Disappointing Experience at Five Below

I ain't gonna lie y'all, my experience with Five Below wasn't the best. I mean, yeah, their prices are cheap, but you really do get what you pay for. The products they got are straight-up trash, like seriously, they ain't worth your money. And can we talk about the tech they sell? It don't work. Like, at all. I tried buying some headphones and they broke within a week. I was so mad, y'all.

I think this is gonna be the last time I shop at Five Below. They done robbed me. I wish they weren't even in business, to be honest. I mean, I get it, the low prices are supposed to be a draw, but if you're gonna sell cheap products, they should at least work, you know? But nope, Five Below can't even give you that.

Overall, I can't recommend Five Below. Save your money and go somewhere else where you can actually get something decent for what you're paying.

V

Five Below Overly Watchful Staff and Cheap Finds at Cicero Store: A Review

When I went in the store in Cicero, NY, I felt like someone was watching me. I swear, every time I turned around, there was this girl checking on me. I know they want to keep an eye on things, but it was a bit much. I even said something to her about it, but she just smiled and said she was doing her job. And, honestly, I get it. You don't want people stealing from your store. But, maybe they can find a better way to do it. I'm in my mid-50s and have never stolen anything in my life, so it was a little bit insulting. Maybe they can train their staff better. Other than that, the store was okay. They had lots of cool stuff for cheap. I mean, you get what you pay for, but it's great for a quick grab and go. I got a bunch of things for my grandkids and they were all happy with them. Overall, I'd say it's worth checking out if you're in the area and want to save some money.

M

J

Five Below Beware Self Checkout and Lack of Sanitization at Five Below

A
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Five Below Disappointing Experience at Five Below: Lack of Customer Service at New Store Location

It's a shame, I recently visited a new Five Below store and was disappointed to see that there wasn't a real person at the register to assist with any questions or inquiries. I was hoping to receive a friendly greeting and possibly even be thanked for stopping by, but sadly that wasn't the case. To make matters worse, when I needed help with an item that wouldn't scan, I had to wait around for a worker to assist me and even then they had trouble scanning it. In the end, I just put the item back and left feeling frustrated and disappointed.

I understand that mistakes happen and technology can be faulty, but it's important for businesses to prioritize their customers' experiences. After all, they are the reason why the business exists in the first place. It's unfortunate to see that some businesses forget this crucial aspect and end up losing customers as a result.

Overall, Five Below's lack of customer service was a letdown and I don't think I'll be returning to this particular location. I hope that the company can improve their customer service practices in the future, as it can greatly enhance the overall shopping experience.

H

Five Below Negative Encounter with Five Below Store Manager in West OC Area

I recently visited the Five Below store in the West OC area and have been a regular visitor since I work next door. I often take a break and sit outside the business next to my workplace. However, on this particular day, I experienced a negative encounter with the store's manager. This was actually the first time in three months that I had seen her working.

The manager threatened to call the cops on me, despite the fact that I wasn't doing anything illegal. All I was doing was sitting outside my place of work to take a break. I was shocked at her behavior towards me. She proceeded to call me a derogatory name and demanded that I leave the area. I felt humiliated and disrespected.

If such behavior is acceptable, then please let me know how it's okay. I don't want to end up hiring a lawyer to sue, but I need to know my rights. Despite this negative experience, I still like shopping at Five Below and often find great deals there. I just hope that the staff is more respectful towards their customers in the future.

H
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Five Below Disappointed with Five Below Alexandria: Dirty Store and Unprofessional Customer Service

I recently visited Five Below, the store on Rt 1 Alexandria VA, and I must say that I was disappointed with the condition of the store. It was quite dirty, which was not at all pleasant. However, I wanted to take advantage of the deal that was advertised on the shoes, which was three pairs for $10, which was quite a bargain. So, I picked up three pairs of shoes and headed to the register to pay for them.

I was surprised when the cashier charged me $8 each for the shoes, which was not what the advertisement had said. When I showed her the sign that said the shoes were three for $10, she refused to honor the deal and just continued to pack them in the bag. I was not happy about this, and after arguing with her for a while and asking for a manager, she finally took the shoes off the bill.

When I went to speak to the manager, I was not treated so well. The manager was quite rude and said that they could not sell the shoes at the price on the shelf, which didn't make sense to me. She walked away while I was still talking to her, which was not at all professional.

Overall, the experience was not great. The store was not clean, and the customer service was lacking. While I might visit again since the prices are reasonable, I will be more cautious about my purchases and make sure that any deals or discounts are honored at checkout.

B

Five Below Not Impressed: My Disappointing Experience at Five Below

My crew and I stepped into Five Below with high hopes. There were about four or five people in my group and we were all excited to explore what the store had to offer. As we made our way through the entrance, we were approached by two women. One was sporting luscious blonde locks and the other had a darker complexion.

To my dismay, neither of the women said a word as we walked in. I was already a bit put off, but I decided to let it slide. I was here for a purpose. I wanted to get some cool items and I didn't want to be distracted by other things.

However, as I was looking around, I overheard the blonde woman whisper yelling about someone else. I can only assume it was another employee, but it was not a good look. To make matters worse, there was a customer who seemed to be having trouble checking out. They had to plead several times for assistance before the two women even acknowledged them. This was not what I would call good customer service.

And to top it all off, the blonde woman was incredibly rude. She greeted all of the customers with a terrible tone, you could tell she just wanted everyone to leave so she could finish her conversation. It was extremely unprofessional and quite frankly, it rubbed me the wrong way.

Eventually, I made my way to the checkout counter where I encountered some issues with my card. Luckily, the younger woman there was extremely helpful. I appreciated her assistance, but unfortunately, the blonde woman was still standing there next to her, gossiping away, completely unbothered by the long line forming behind us.

Overall, my experience at this Five Below left a very bad taste in my mouth. I will not be returning to this particular location in the future.

K
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Five Below Terrible Service at Five Below Store in Dallas: Rude Staff & No Response from Customer Service

So, on 15th June 2019 I sent an email to Five Below's customer service with the info that I'm going to tell you about. It's now the 16th of July, and I've still not had any response from them! Can you believe it?

I called the customer relations line and was greeted with a recording that informed me I could either leave a message or send an email via one of two email addresses. I wanted to leave a message, but after the greeting, the call disconnected. Ain't that just awful?

Anyway, last Saturday, I decided to go on a little shopping spree, and the first place I visited was the Five Below store on Northwest Highway, Dallas, Texas. It was around 9 am, and as I approached the entrance, a lady who seemed to be around 30 years old, slim, with brown hair in a shoulder-length ponytail was putting some stuff out on the sidewalk.

I greeted her and asked whether they were open yet, and you know what she did? Did she say "yes" or "no"? Not at all. Instead, she gave me a disdainful look and continued hauling the items out, ignoring me like I didn't exist. I was shocked at her rudeness and asked again, "are you even open?" This time she replied with a mumbling mouth and elevated palms, saying, "can't you see the door is open?"

I'm telling you; my mouth dropped open, and I couldn't believe what she did next. I told her she was rude, and she shrugged both shoulders and said something I didn't catch. That's offensive, isn't it?

I was left with no choice but to give up and say to her, "forget it, with your rude a! I'm calling headquarters right now!" Can you imagine that? I've never in recent years come across such an inconsiderate, rude business. My son recommended Five Below to me, and this is my second visit. But yesterday, I bought something that wasn't working when I tried it out.

I'm going to stick to mainstream stores from now on. I didn't even make it 20 feet into Target without the greeting of three employees. Is Five Below's customer service comparable to Target's? I don't think so.

If Five Below management is reading this review, please do something about that lady! And for goodness sake, revise your phone greeting menu, so it's actually useful.

D
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Five Below Five Below: The Ultimate Shopping Destination for Budget-Conscious Students and Teens

I visited Five Below and it was hype. There was so much stuff for so cheap, I couldn't even believe it. I think it's perfect for college kids and teenagers who don't wanna spend too much money. I do wish there were some nicer quality items, but for the price, you really can't beat it. Overall, I really enjoyed my experience there and would definitely go back.

S
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Five Below Review of Five Below: Great Finds on a Budget, but Self-Checkout Can Be a Hassle

Five Below is a cool place to shop if you're looking for some budget-friendly finds. Their website is easy to navigate and you can find some really great deals on there. The only downside for me is the self-checkout. I understand that it's supposed to be more convenient but sometimes it can be a hassle. I personally prefer dealing with cashiers because it's just easier for me. I hope in the future they'll have more cashiers available so that shoppers can have a better experience. Another thing that irks me is when employees are just standing around and not really doing anything. I know it can get boring but it doesn't look very professional, and sometimes they can be a bit rude when you ask them for help. Overall, I like Five Below and I think it's worth checking out if you're on a budget. But maybe they should consider having more cashiers and train their employees to be more helpful and friendly to shoppers.

Five Below In-depth Review

In summary: Five Below is a popular retail chain known for its vast array of products priced at $5 or below. The store offers a fun shopping experience with a focus on value for money, making it a go-to destination for budget-conscious shoppers looking for a variety of items ranging from toys to tech accessories.

Overview of Five Below: Five Below is a unique retail concept that specializes in offering a wide range of merchandise at a fixed price point of $5 or less. The store caters to teens, pre-teens, and value-oriented shoppers, providing a treasure-hunt shopping experience with an ever-changing assortment of products.

Product Range and Quality: The product range at Five Below is impressive, with categories including toys, beauty products, home decor, party supplies, and tech accessories. While the quality may not be on par with higher-priced items, the products are generally reliable for their cost and serve their intended purpose well.

Pricing and Value for Money: Five Below excels in offering competitive pricing, with most items priced at $5 or less. This pricing strategy provides excellent value for money, especially for shoppers on a tight budget or those looking for inexpensive gifts and novelties.

Store Layout and Atmosphere: The store layout is typically bright and colorful, with products well-organized into their respective categories. The atmosphere is lively and inviting, encouraging customers to browse and explore the variety of items available.

Customer Service Experience: Customer service at Five Below can vary by location, but staff are generally friendly and willing to help with any questions or concerns. However, during peak times, the stores can become quite busy, which may impact the level of service received.

Online Shopping Experience: Five Below's online shopping platform provides a convenient way to browse and purchase products from the comfort of home. The website is user-friendly, with clear categories and images, although the online product selection may not be as extensive as in-store.

Checkout Process and Payment Options: The checkout process at Five Below is straightforward, with various payment options available including major credit cards, debit cards, and gift cards. In-store, lines can be long during busy periods, but cashiers work efficiently to keep the process moving.

Sales, Promotions, and Discounts: While Five Below's pricing is already low, the store occasionally offers sales and promotions on select items. These deals are typically well-advertised in-store and online, providing additional savings opportunities for customers.

Return and Exchange Policies: Five Below has a return policy that allows for exchanges or refunds within a specified period, provided the items are in new condition with original receipts. It's advisable to check the specific terms as they may vary or change over time.

Location Accessibility and Convenience: Five Below stores are often located in shopping centers and malls, making them easily accessible with ample parking. The store's popularity ensures a presence in many regions, providing convenience for a wide customer base.

Store Cleanliness and Organization: Stores are generally clean and well-maintained, with products neatly displayed and organized. However, due to the high traffic and nature of the low-cost items, some areas can become disorganized, particularly during busy shopping times.

Product Availability and Stock Levels: Product availability can be hit or miss, as popular items tend to sell out quickly. Stock levels vary, and there may be limited quantities of certain items, so it's often a case of 'get it while you can'.

Brand Reputation and Reliability: Five Below has built a reputation for being a reliable source for affordable goods. While not known for high-end products, the brand is trusted for providing a diverse range of items that meet the needs of budget-conscious consumers.

Community Involvement and Social Responsibility: Five Below has shown a commitment to community involvement through various charitable initiatives and partnerships. The company's social responsibility efforts contribute positively to its overall reputation.

Comparison with Competitors: Compared to other discount retailers, Five Below stands out for its unique price point and trendy product selection. While it may not offer the same quality as some competitors, its focus on affordability and a fun shopping experience gives it a competitive edge in the market.

How to file a complaint about Five Below?

Here is a comprehensive guide on how to file a complaint against Five Below on ComplaintsBoard.com:

1. Log in or Create an Account:
- If you already have an account on ComplaintsBoard.com, log in using your credentials. If not, create a new account on the platform.

2. Navigating to the Complaint Form:
- Locate and click on the 'File a Complaint' button on the ComplaintsBoard.com website. You can find this button at the top right corner of the website.

3. Writing the Title:
- Summarize the main issue you have with Five Below in the 'Complaint Title' section. Be concise but descriptive.

4. Detailing the Experience:
- Provide detailed information about your experience with Five Below. Mention key areas of concern, any relevant transactions, steps taken to resolve the issue, the nature of the problem, and the personal impact it has had on you.

5. Attaching Supporting Documents:
- Attach any additional supporting documents that can strengthen your complaint. Avoid including sensitive personal data in these attachments.

6. Filling Optional Fields:
- Use the 'Claimed Loss' field to state any financial losses incurred and the 'Desired Outcome' field to specify the resolution you are seeking from Five Below.

7. Review Before Submission:
- Review your complaint for clarity, accuracy, and completeness before submitting it. Ensure all necessary details are included.

8. Submission Process:
- Click the 'Submit' button to officially submit your complaint to ComplaintsBoard.com.

9. Post-Submission Actions:
- Regularly check for any responses or updates related to your complaint on ComplaintsBoard.com. Stay informed about the progress of your complaint.

By following these steps, you can effectively file a complaint against Five Below on ComplaintsBoard.com.

Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Contact Five Below customer service

Website

Our Commitment

We stand for unbiased reviews

We help resolving issues

We advocate freedom of speech

We ensure transparent and fair ratings

We care about your privacy

We are easy, free and open to everyone

Is ComplaintsBoard.com associated with Five Below?

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Five Below Customer Service. Initial Five Below complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Five Below above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Five Below. Discuss the issues you have had with Five Below and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.