FiskarsAwful, awful, awful

J Review updated:

Fiskars sells several garden shears and loppers with a LIFETIME warranty. "Lifetime warranty" is in large print. We called because of a lopper gone bad. After we discovered and relayed its barcode number the following exchange happened.

"What is the problem?" "Well, it does not cut well or through any more" "Have you tried sharpening the blades?" ("How are you supposed to sharpen the blades?" "what is the warranty?) "The blade cuts, but something happened to it so that it does not cut through at the end." "That means it was not used properly. You can buy new blades from us." "Is not the blade covered by the warranty?" "No, the blade is consumable item, like gasoline in your car." (actual words)

Now I understand the LIFE TIME WARRANTY means the following: The plastic handle is warranted to be free of defect, unless you break it, which means you abused it.

• St
    Stanford Wong Jul 31, 2013

After I bought a Fiskars lopper six months ago, I noticed the blade was warped. But the tool cut so well that I thought perhaps the blade was supposed to be warped. After the warped part broke off, I knew that the blade was not supposed to be warped.

I followed Fiskars' instructions: I took a picture and emailed it in, along with my name, address, phone number, and a description of the problem. After a week and a half, a new blade arrived in the mail. The Fiskars guarantee worked perfectly for me. 31 July 2013.

• Br
    BrianGCG Mar 30, 2016

I bought a Fiskars anvil ratchet drive pruner with a Lifetime Warranty about a year ago. I probably used it on branches bigger than I should have, and consequently the blade got out of alignment and also no longer fully reached the anvil. Luckily, I had kept the receipt, and per Fiskar's instructions, I emailed in that information along with several photographs of the problem.
    After reading the post from Jutov, I didn't hold out much hope. Nevertheless, a short time later, they sent me a brand new pruner! I was very impressed and gratified and wanted to let others know. I have always liked Fiskars tools, and will definitely keep their customer service in mind when I purchase garden tools in the future.

• Hd
    HDinno Apr 15, 2017

I had issues with 3 different products and never once had an issue with the warranty. I filled out the form, took pictures and 2 weeks later a new product arrived. I think the lifetime warranty is great and won't buy anything but Fiskars.

Andrew Pelz Nov 12, 2018

Handle broke after several years of use. Sent a picture of the broken handled shears, as directed by the Fiskars website, to the Fiskars Warrenty claim. Fiskars quickly sent a replacement pair with no questions asked. Sure is refreshing when a Company stands behind their products!!