The complaint has been investigated and
resolved to the customer's satisfactionResolved Fabricpro Dryclean & Laundry Services — $700 Jacket Discoloured & Worn Out
resolved to the customer's satisfaction
I sent my BRIGHT ORANGE Akira Isogawa jacket (worth more than $700) for dry cleaning on 26th May at the Shenton Way outlet.
When it came back on 1st June, to my horror, it TURNED DULL RED and looked as if it's been worn over a hundred times.
It was in pristine condition when I sent it in, as I've only WORN IT ONCE prior to the dry clean.
Besides the discolouration + worn out state of the returned jacket, it also had a LARGE, HIDEOUS BOOT-PRINT STAIN in the front/belly area of the jacket.
I've requested for monetary compensation of 50% the original value.
Here's how Sarah Goh (Marketing Manager) has chosen to deal with the situation:
1. DENY that my jacket is originally orange, claiming it's red.
(Picture attached - before dry clean - clearly shows it's ORANGE, under normal white lighting).
2. I also showed them MULTIPLE photos of me wearing this jacket during a party - she claims that it appears orange due to lighting - insisting it's red.
3. She says that there is insufficient proof to file for compensation. (while consistently rejecting the fact that every photo clearly shows it's orange!!)
4. She procrastinates in following up on this matter, up to 2 weeks at times, taking me, a customer in distress, for granted.
5. After almost 2 MONTHS of her INCOMPETENT marketing management, I've insisted on speaking to a superior - Mr. KC Lim, the Operations Manager.
6. He proposed to have an individual wash for my jacket with some sort of colour enhancer. He GUARANTEED that it'd work. I agreed. Regrettably, it's still red. STILL RED AND WORN OUT!
7. I've reduced my compensation demand to 25% of the original value due to their restoration efforts. They're still being ignorant.
CONCLUSION: Fabricpro has discoloured, worn out and stained my $700 jacket.
I call that DAMAGE.
DON'T SEND YOUR CLOTHES TO FABRICPRO. THEY MIGHT DAMAGE IT.
And you WILL NOT BE COMPENSATED. Spread the word.