EWC payments--or Well Watch MDfraudulent credit card charge

J

this charge was attempted on my card last night at 3:00 listed as EWC payments, for $59.90. then again the same amount was attempted at 9:02 am, with a company name of Well Watch MD.

Mastercard called me wondering about it. Country listed was New Zealand on one of these "merchants". After I read the many online complaints, we of course cancelled the card.

My card was not missing or stolen.

• Ro
    robbie Nov 22, 2008

The same exact thing happened to me...for 59.90! Now I have to file 2 dispute claims to my bank.

• Yo
    yolanda treviso Nov 22, 2008

too me too. i think it stemmed from an online purchase with many attachments.

• Ri
    Richard Dec 02, 2008

There was a $30.00 charge in September, $20.00 charge in October, and a $20.00 charge in November. This money was deducted from my debit card account and the name listed was Well Watch MD.

• Ke
    Kelly Dec 17, 2008

The same has happened to me as well. The charge was for 59.00. I believe I made a purchase online and there were numerous attachments with that purchase. The number to cancel this is [protected]

• Fi
    fiona Jan 30, 2009

what do i do to stop them taking money from my account...they took 23.44 out of my account this month

• Ke
    Kellie Feb 09, 2009

Thanks to Kelly for posting [protected] to call and canel. This is apparently some company affiliated via fine print when making online health & beauty purchases that ties you into their system and starts an automatic 'trial-period'. I never recieved any communications, no emails, no letters, no contact at all until this charge appeared and I called them! I was told to fax in a cancellation letter, fingers crossed, this will work.--Kellie

• Tr
    Tracy Feb 16, 2009

Same thing happened to me in December!

I am on the phone now (thanks Kelly, for the number!) and the customer service rep is telling me that when I bough a tooth whitener from IONLINE.com. I supposedly hit OK for a $25 gift card. I'm pretty good at things internet, and absolutely believe they captured my info without my knowledge. Evidently they were planning on charging me something every quarter. The rep has put me on hold – probably trying to figure out whether his boss is about to be sent to Club Fed.

Now he's back on the line telling me I have to fill out a "refund request form" and fax or mail it back. I'll keep a copy so if I can help anyone else, send me an email. The whole discussion is bogus at best. The $59.90 is a charge, apparently, for access to their website which supposedly has "all kinds of information". I've been on the internet for 15 years and this is the first time I've gotten scammed. Good luck everyone.

Mandi Feb 25, 2009

I have a pending charge on my account that I just saw today. I had purched something from a completely different site and now this well watch md is charging me 29.95. I have to wait for it to clear before my bank will do anything about it. The number that was posted earlier, is a different number than what went with the charge info on my account I only got the first 6 but it is 866-327-... Will the 1 - 800 # posted earlier work to get this worked out? No one has posted saying that they received their refund back or not. Has anyone received it?

• Re
    REB Feb 28, 2009

Me also. I bough a tooth whitener from IONLINE.com. I supposedly hit OK for a $25 gift card.

Recommend that noone buy from either IONLINE.COM or WELL WATCH MD

Cher Mar 11, 2009

Me too. I ordered tooth whitener from IONLINE.com for the 50.00 rebate coupon. Well Watch took out the 29.95 and .24 fee out of my account, I did not sign up for any service, just a rebate. I called the number [protected] and talked to a branch of this so called company based out of Texas. They are sending me a form via e-mail and I'm to complete it and fax it back. This probably would have been a monthly charge! Don't order stuff on line...I'll let you know if I get the credit on my account and when. I will take this further if I get no results and have to cancel my card.

• Cl
    Clay Owen Mar 12, 2009

I had a charge triggered when I bought a teeth whitener, but I didn't take the rebate--called the company and they were polite and removed all charges immediately.

Marian Mar 23, 2009

I have an ongoing visa fro Weelwatch being taken from my accoutn and the bak seem powerless to stop it how can I do this PLEASE?

• Am
    amart125 Apr 30, 2009

Made a purchase iOnline, enrolled in the program with the option of cancelling the trial enrollment before monthly charges began. Cancelled enrollment within three or four days.

same issue, $2.99 charge, then $29.95 charge.

Called [protected], explained that I had cancelled my enrollment via their website instructions to do so, yet I was still being charged. I was told that the $2.99 had been scheduled for refund today, and that he would go ahead and cancel my enrollment himself, because it apparently had not gone through when I did it previously. He did that, and issued a refund for the $29.95, which should be back into my account within the next 2-3 business days.

Just sent in the $50 rebate for the product earlier this week, which will take 7-10 weeks to process, but hopefully that goes as smoothly and the refunds are issued by mid-next week!

Good luck :)

• Fr
    Frances Marnane Sep 07, 2009

Just cancelled a credit card in Ireland for the same reason, payments coming out for $29.95 monthly for a few months. Never heard of these people, never bought anything from them.

• Fr
    Frances Marnane Sep 07, 2009

Keep an eye on your credit card bill and use pay pal

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices