Elite Traveler/ Travel + LeisureFraudulent signup w/ AMEX card

S

This is the second time we have received a mail notice of being signed up for their "Travel + Leisure" service. Supposedly free for 2 months, and then charged $80 to AMEX card. This was not requested nor authorized by me. The notice appeared to be junk mail, but I opened the letter to see that we had been signed up for this fraudulent service. I cancelled immediatedly, as I have done once before. I called our AMEX card, thinking that this was a business partner. It was not, and they created a record of my complaint against this scamming business. In addition, we cancelled the current card and will receive a new card/account number. I would like to file a complaint with the BBB or appropriate federal agency. Any comments? Let's put an end to this company! Many people are probably paying the fees without realizing the whole thing is a scam.

• St
    Steven Rom Mar 26, 2011

I just received a $100 charge to my card from this fraud, I'm pretty sure it wass that 1 million dollar prize drawing in an AMERICAN EXPRESS envelope that I idiotically mailed back. I didn't even send a credit card number just mailed the slip back thinking wth. No matter, now I have to spend time making phone calls because there are so many A HOLES who can't seem to get enough of MY money! FRAK!