Elite/Meeting Millionaires.comfake emails and fake profiles

Feb 6, 2010
As others have posted on this forum, I experienced the same scam: I began receiving emails from good looking guys, I didn't want to sign on to an expensive subscription $197.00 dollars! but the emails kept coming and coming and then with a warning "UNSUBSCRIBE OR MANAGE YOUR EMAIL NOTIFICATIONS" - Since there were so many email messages that I couldn't read I was foolish and subscribed. When I started reading the emails they were all one liners written so poorly that I knew they couldn't have come from educated, successful men -- high achievers can write and communicate. All the emails were the same and I knew what I had suspected that this was a SCAM and I fell for it.

And there is more bad news: they use your profile in other sites they own without your consent! It is stated on the terms of subscription, that they can own your profile and pic. So, all those profiles are fakes.

Avoid this online dating website AND if you have been scammed let's get together and report them to the authorities. I have filed a complaint through my credit card company. I suggest you do the same.

• Ne
    NextHoriZen Aug 29, 2010

When I saw that every "millionaire" was GQ material, I was suspect immediately. Not to mention not one had verified photos or income. No way I was going to get sucked in for $69.99/month to read emails from supposedly interested millionaires with no verification of data whatsoever! Kudos to the rest of you for recognizing and reporting this scam. Too many trusting women out there and if we can save any from getting ripped off by [censor]*****.

• Pi
    pinkpearl934 Mar 31, 2010

I knew as soon I opened the emails, this was a scam! All the emails were single line duplicates of their profiles. DO NOT JOIN!
    Much like the complaint before, I recieved a bunch of emails, too many to ignore, so I joined. It is truly a "bait and switch", except for there is no switch!
    I will be contacting my credit card company and the Better Business Bureau. I am only sorry to have learned about the complaint after the fact.

• Kh
    Khobieton Mar 03, 2010

I have proof that this is a scam! Here is what happened to me. I HAD a memebership to this site for the least expensive membership. I think I has one date which proved to be an embarrassement as after I met him, not only did I find out that he was not a member of Elite Meeting he was a member of another site that I guess they had linked to this site. Turned out he was married and looking for some fun while in Vegas...Anyway I quit the membership and removed my photo from my profile. Couldnd't figure out how to completely remove my profile so I changed the profile to read something like this..."I am an insane, crazy person that just got out of a mental institution" I am not looking for any Normal guys. I don't work at all and then I put down under income that I have a net worth of a billion dollars. I then adjusted my profile to an old email address that I never use. Many months later I happened to check that old email address inbox and I had 256 emails from Elite Meeting.com ...Upon looking at my mail which I couldn't read because I am not a member I thought it was strange at first because almost every single guy was really good looking! Then as I looked at the dates the the mail was sent to me from them they were sent one per day...I had no idea so many rich gorgeous guys, oh by the way they all had a net worth of at least 1.5 million dollars and up to 20 million., , , well I had no idea that so many rich guys were actually looking for someone who was mentally ill!!! Wow..This website is a scam and I would like to get the money back that I already paid. Do not join this site it is a rip off!! The owners send these out...Little theives...P.S. I would love to help you get them!