Duraflame Electric Stove with HeaterStopped working, lousy customer service

B

This heater, another cheap piece of crap made in China, stopped working in February; we bought it in October. Since Feb. 24, I have been given the runaround by customer service, saying variously that the part (fan motor) was on back-order, was not on back-order, that I would get it in two days, that I would get it in a week or ten days, etc. I still do not have the part, so I am giving up and requesting a full refund for the return of the heater. However, I expect that they will refuse. If I ever get the part, I'll have to install it myself, and I predict it will last a few months, like the original one did. Avoid this product and this company. Duraflame made a poor choice for a manufacturer and distributor, and in saving a little money, they will pay hugely in the long run.

• Ki
    Kimlong Jan 27, 2020

My flame went out 30 days after purchasing it. Is there a fix?

• Ro
    Robert Ricci Feb 14, 2017

I ordered a dfs 550-20 from QVC. It worked excellent for 2+ years. Suddenly the fan stopped working. When I oipened it up indise the fan box I noticed the fan wasn't bound up. Having electronic experience, I noticed a thermal resistor and what looked like a soldered in inline fuse. Sure enough when I jumpered the fuse the heater started up and the fan runs at both speeds by the remote. The only thing I cannot find is any value on the silver fuse looking thing I jumpered to go get another one to replace it with. comments? [email protected]

• Cf
    CFA Nov 19, 2016

I also purchased a Duraflame electric stove heater (DFI-3108) and just like the previous customer, the flame effect no longer displays even though the heater works. I purchased this product for the fireplace effect and now it is just takes up too much space for the small amount of heat it generates. YouTube has 2 videos showing the consumer how to change the light bulbs on a Duraflame model I do not own ; however, the model # DF1-3108 has no back panel to gain access to light bulbs. It doesn't seem prudent to open up the entire back panel so I am hoping there is a way to fix the flame effect. Does anyone know how to get the flame effect to work again?

• Cm
    C. M. Unsatisfied Mar 10, 2014

We ordered a small 1500w dura flame with flame effect from QVC in December . We were called and said to discontinue using due to defect. We have not heard back from QVC or from the company. Meanwhile we have purchased and paid for this useless product. As we see it neither Duraflame or QVC is very concerned! Beware of purchasing products such as these becaucase they don't offer refund or replacement.

• Bd
    Bdtut Feb 16, 2014

The flame is actually created with a light bulb which could easily loosen during transport, but could also need replaced, there is also a motor driven reflector that could stop but you should still see the light glow if this happens, likely just the bulb

• #$# Nov 17, 2013

I ordered two, duraflame electric heaters, from, QVC shopping channel, and now the flame is out but heater still works. There were no instructions in the package as what to do when this happens. I hope someone can help me with this problem.