Dreambox K-3 MathIt confuses instead of teaches!

I am a college & MBA graduate, so I know enough math to be better than dangerous. I signed up my twins for dreambox's k-3 math, which is supposedly personalized to both of them. First of all the company required a credit card for a "free trial" (huh?) -- that should have been a warning sign itself. Then they actually charged my credit card!!!

Worse of all, the math just confused and frustrated my twins. It was a game that wasn't very fun :-(

• Dr
    DreamBox support Apr 26, 2010

Hi – I’m with DreamBox Learning and I’m very sorry your twins found DreamBox confusing. DreamBox has a pretty generous refund policy – even after your 14-day free trial (after which your credit card is charged so your children can keep playing without losing their academic progress), you can still cancel your subscription within 30 days for a full refund.

If you’ll contact DreamBox Learning’s customer support, we’ll arrange for an immediate refund. Or, if you prefer, we’d be happy to place your children at a different point in the curriculum. The placement lessons in the DreamBox program are designed to begin each child at the point in the curriculum where he or she is ready to learn, but we can also manually place a child so they have a chance to build mastery before moving on to new math concepts. Please call DreamBox support at [protected] (weekdays, 8 am-5 pm, Pacific Time), or email us at [email protected]