Dr. Michael KreidsteinExpensive consultation I had to pay for that was only 5 mins and had NO results!

R

HORRIBLE! I went to see Dr. Kreidstein a few days ago about a scar. He only spent 5 minutes with me on my consultation appointment, and then told me there's nothing he can do about it. All he recommended was to keep on applying the off-the-counter creams I have already been using prior to seeing him. What a joke. I've never heard of a doctor saying they can't do anything. He could've at least gave me a needle to flatten my scar or done some kind of laser treatment to lessen the appearance of the scar, but no, he offered no help and was completely emotionally-disconnected. And the nerve of his office to charge me $226 for this utterly useless 5 minute consultation.

It's so HORRIBLE that some doctors, such as Dr. Kreidstein, only cares about big surgeries such as breast augmentations and tummy tucks that makes more money for him, and does not care to do smaller procedures/treatments where he would make less money. If he did a treatment for me, the consultation fee would have to be deducted from the treatment fee (as per his advertisement), and I think that's the reason why Dr. Kreidstein didn't want to do any treatments for me, as a laser treatment or a needle would've only been a few hundred dollars, therefore reducing his profit margin on the consultation appointment.

What an expensive consultation I had to pay for that was only 5 mins and had NO results! :(

• Of
    Office of Dr. Kreidstein Jun 27, 2012

From Office of Dr. Kreidstein-
    Or maybe this is what happened: patient called for consult about scar, was told to ask their GP for a referral so that consultation would be covered by OHIP. Patient unwilling, chooses to pay for cosmetic consultation ($200 + tax). Presents with scar which was likely to be made worse by any invasive intervention (laser, needles, ???). Beginning his practice at the Ross Tilley Burn Centre (biggest burn centre in Ontario), Dr. Kreidstein knows scars. Rather than offer false hope for scar treatments, we give honest counselling and hopefully spare our patients unnecessary costs and possibly worse scars from treatments they may be offered through other less-scrupulous practices. This type of consultation takes no more than 15 minutes, does not require emotional bonding, but does require an open mind on the part of the patient to be effective.