Dollar Treecustomer experience with teller

De Sep 30, 2019 Review updated:

I visited this dollar tree on 9/30/19. Sales Associate Ellen waited on me. When time to pay for my purchase I used my debit card to pay for my items and since the machine showed the option of cash back... I checked that I wanted cash back. I chose to have $50 cash back. I was given my cash. The checker made a remark "wow I didn't expect that" and then went to check the person behind me. The checker then (as I was still standing there) proceeded to yell to all others in line "if you need cash back I can't give it to you because she took all I had. We are not a bank". This was said in front of me, in front of the 2 others in line behind me. This was rude and no way to ever treat any customer. If you don't want to give cash back then don't offer cash back at the register. If you can't keep enough cash in the register then get a manager to get you cash for your drawer. You do not thank customers by being rude and obnoxious in front of them and trying to demean them in front of others. There is no resolution for this. Rude is rude and I will make sure anyone I know that frequents that store is aware of the behavior of teller ELLEN. This is not acceptable behavior. Without customers you have no store. If I had paid with a $50 for my purchases would I have been demeaned also? You need some real customer service training in this store.

Comments

•   Sep 30, 2019

Cashiers are not tellers.

Oct 07, 2019

I could relate to this situation. I've seen it done in my store...Such a disgrace!! I would agree that all these cashiers take a customer service course... I mean, it's just common courtesy, yet, it appears that the folks Dollar Tree hires lacks that in more ways that one. Sad. Very sad.

•   Oct 07, 2019

@sampsonseaweed If they sell only dollar items, their profits aren’t huge. Pay is probably minimum wages and courtesy costs more!