Dixie Homecrafters/Windowreplacement window

When windows were purchased from Dixie HomeCrafters we were told that the warranty is lifetime for any breakages of the glass or any damages to the operation of the windows. Dixie's rep made it sound simple, just make a phone call to the office and give the number off the frame in which he showed us where the number was in case of any damages. Well its been three weeks and several phone calls later we finally received a subcontractor the third day of the fourth wk and the only thing he came to do was get the number out of the frame call it in and now we have to wait another three weeks before he can come out AGAIN to hopefully replace the window. Needless to say for the price of the windows you would think that the company would deal with their clients in a more timely manner.

• Li
    Lillian Martinez Jan 21, 2016

The same, Ive called for them to come out and check the seals. Bugs can come in through these seals Cant open the windows to clean them and if I do open them I can close then easily.. I need for them to come out and fix this problem..But I haven't seen them yet.
    I guess the only thing to do is to take a window out and drive over to them.

• Fu
    FurmanHudsonSmith Jun 15, 2015

We had Gutter Guard put in by Dixie Homecrafters in perhaps 2005 -- Jim Carson as the contact person at 4187 Miligan Road and Kyle Daniel as the sales person. A person was sent from Columbus to Montgomery for my earlier complaint but we were told that everything was working as well as it could. The current working is absurd. If anyone knows how to get in touch with them, please let [email protected] know. I fear that our lifetime warranty might have turned out to the the lifetime of the company.

• Cp
    C Pethel Jan 18, 2014

Have problem with seal being broken, window discolored and the number list above has been disconnected. Does anyone have a number that is valid for Dixie Homecrafters? Or know who the manufacturer is?

• Ti
    tina b harris May 19, 2011

The seals in two windows have leaked. I left the first message on a phone number of the contractor in February 2011. Then I e-mailed the company. I received a response and was told that a service rep would call in about a month. I called again in a month and finally received a call in April asking for the code number on the windows. I have left several voice mails with that information and have had no response. Today, May 19, I left a message that I would be calling the media on Monday if I do not have a response by tomorrow. And I will!!!

• Do
    dotheright Dec 09, 2010

I have the same problems. We purchased windows from Dixie Home Crafters in 2008. I started noticing the windows were tilting and not able to lock upper locking system and the windows were sagging in the middle of windows this year. I also noticed the seals were coming out of the frames and there were gaps between the glass and its frame. I have called and called the company several times. They sent service men each time and didn't do anything to fix properly. I was told the frame was not installed correctly, need new tracks, and new windows. The service men came last time to do a temporary fix, I told them to fix correctly or replace all the windows. I told him that I don't want to call the company next year again with the same issues. One of them was upset with me and left. He said he would send the boss. I wonder how long it will take for boss come to my house and fix the problems.

• Bc
    bcampbell Apr 04, 2010

I agree with the price I paid for the windows the service and outright attitude that they are right and you have no idea about anything is ridiculaous. I am still waiting for the contrtactors to come out and caulk the windows. I have been calling and calling and it is just excuse after excuse.