Direct Shopping NetworkLies and misrepresentation!

Unfortunately I did not check them out before spending over $6000 on 13 orders from 12/22/06 to 1/13/07 under the impression that false, misleading and misrepresentation is not allowed by the FCC. All of the orders were wrong and I sent back for refunds and/or corrections. It took me making 40+ calls(with 100's of minutes on hold)15 unfulfilled promises to call me back and sending 5 faxes over the period of 12/30/06 to 5/23/07 to get some response. I did get a store credit for shipping only to use it on another order that came wrong. It took my undying persistence to get that and to get any credits that took 2 to 4 months and repairs took just as long. I never received the promised certificates of authenticity and received a couple certificates for products I did not receive. I gave up on that. I would not have gotten my money credited at all or the repairs if I had not been so persistent. The repairs were no good either. I believe that they try to win by wearing you out. Their promises of customer service are totally bogus and they lie,deceive and blatantly misrepresent on the air. I have everything documented but do not know where to go.

Advise will be really appreciated!

Direct Shopping Network
1239 South Glendale Ave
Glendale, Ca 91205, US

• Ka
    Kathy Vando Sep 14, 2011

Never buy from them. They keep your mony and you never receive merchandise

• Ba
    b & b Feb 18, 2011

I took the rubies in for appraisal and found out they were glass filled.

• Je
    jewelryfreak Aug 28, 2010

I have shopped with DSN for years (5 yrs-jewelry and loose stones), rarely do I not get the quality I ordered or inferior quality. I usually get what I expect. Most of the jewelry is made to order so dah-it will take awhile to get it. AND DOUBLE DAH-all auctions are FINAL-just saying.

I have had a few dogs, but my local jeweler is ALWAYS amazed at the quality and price. I have yet to find ANYWHERE that can meet their price/quality.

Love Art-he is hilarious.

• Bu
    buck stops here May 18, 2010

correction for e-mail [email protected]

• Bu
    buck stops here May 18, 2010

drizzle dazzle drizzle dumb time for this one to come home. Buyer beware as they say. Don't be dumb do your homework. the real question is : What happened to Blue Shepherd One of their long standing gem hosts. contact me if you know?? I got the 7 yr. itch with DSN.Also my shona is gone after over 6 yrs. By the way Sonia is the gal in charge of customer service. Tell her Dr. Phil sent ya and the buck stops here!! [email protected] p.s. if this helpful contact me for more in the DSN saga.

Joanne Alexander May 14, 2009

I also order merchandise from DSN approximately nineteen days ago. When I placed the order I was told that it would take fifteen days for the merchandise to arrive to my house. After two weeks of waiting, I called DSN and was told that they actually said twenty days before merchandise will arrive. Well tomorrow will make twenty days and I have not see hide nor hare of my merchandise and what is even more frightening, I cannot access the website on my computer.

theresa cody Jan 24, 2009

regarding that CBS report. It turned out to be a disgruntled employee who was let go (female show host) and she was bitter (according to DSN attorney...) This was also on the cbs report, but some people just like to read the bad stuff for whatever reason. Forget about the rebuttles and getting the story straight in the end. They are still on the air anyway... (and hope the economy is kind in the end too, for their troubles with that false report!)

theresa cody Jan 24, 2009

I read follow up on that CBS report and evidently it was a disgruntled employee.. go figure... anyone can claim anything, but forget about rebuttles or making the stories straight... These reports don't get out there. Bummer for DSN. Glad they are still on the air. I like the GUY hosts better than the girls though. Though Marlene is OK.

• Ex
    Ex DSN Customer Dec 13, 2008

There may be justice after all when it comes to DSN. They are being investigated the Attorney General of California. Former and present employees claim: "fake auction bids", "lie about one of a kind items" and "fake phone calls to generate excitement". The first two are illegal my friends. Check out cbs2.com "Investigation into DSN" and "TV Shopping Network Employees Come Forward". DSN scammed me out of nearly $10, 000 because I could not return auction items that were pieces of garbage.

I hope the other jewelry network take this very seriously because there are several who are doing the very same thing.

theresa cody Oct 08, 2008

I've had the opposite experience. I've also bought over 13 times, and only ONCE was disappointed because I did not order MORE of a particular stone!! What's up with the first person on this blog who is so disappointed but yet has ordered 13 times, LOL... Well, I'll keep shopping and "investing" in the rubies, etc, esp. now that my stock is not worth squat!

• Sk
    skid mark Dec 13, 2007

How do these liars and thieves stay in business? I placed two orders with these people, one order was shipped to a wrong address (yae right!) and one order was never shipped. Would not have got a refund at all except I disputed the charges with my credit card company.

They also ship junk that was nothing like the item shown on air.

• Di
    Diane Castona Oct 22, 2007

These people shouldn't be in business!! I wish I had read the many negative reviews about this company before I ordered from them. They tell you just what you want to hear when you order, then their customer service is non-existent. When I confirmed that they shipped my "one of a kind" (ha-ha) ring to a wrong address somewhere in N. Carolina (I live in Wa.) they refused to credit my charge card until they "retrieved" the item from the stranger they sent it to!! Thank God my credit card co. was willing to credit the charge. I agree that they probably just have a policy of wearing people out by ignoring them... I received not ONE response from the several e-mails I've sent thru their EZ Customer Service page on their website.

• Bd
    b duncan Sep 13, 2007

I had similar negative experiences with DSN --- and filed complaint with BBB --- should have gone their first --- many complaints against them --- how can they be allowed to continue their bogus selling schemes???

Beware!