Dental Care of CoronaVerbal Abuse

S

At first, the dentist seemed nice. They were willing to do all the work for me and my family for free(our costs) and only get paid by our insurance. My husband and I were scheduled on the same day, first him, then me. FYI, this would be the third visit for my husband and the second for me, given the first was the x-rays and consultations. When time came for treatment, the dentist switched our appointments. This upset my husband and I informed the dentist of my husbands feelings. At this point, I was verbally abused and forced to tears before leaving without being serviced. The dentist stated that they never once heard a "Thank you" from us regarding the financial help they were giving us, which was false, called in the treatment coordinator and asked if I ever thanked her. The dentist said he was "LIVID" and all they heard from us was complaints. When my husband called to find out why I was crying, all the dentist said was that they would be happy to forward our records to another dentist. Never once did he explain what happened in his words, or apologize. The next day, I requested our records so that we can continue with a different dentist, they refused to forward the items needed.

• Jb
    jbfirebird Dec 22, 2011

dentists are licenses professionals that know what they are doing, without dentists, you wouldnt have dental care. dont try playing the "they cannot thrive without us" because you cannot have dental service without them.
    i have a feeling that there is a little bit that is missing from the OP. people dont just fly off the handle without a reason even if they had anger issues.

stephtownsend77 Dec 22, 2011

Patients are the public. Without the public seeking their service, they would not have patients.

stephtownsend77 Dec 22, 2011

But no one should be verbally abused the way I was from a business. It was horrific!!! They should not be in the business of serving the public if they do not know how to act professional.

stephtownsend77 Dec 22, 2011

We have a young child in which the first appointment schedule would have worked better for us. And my husband didn't have the attitude, the dentist did. I just expressed to the dentist he was not happy with the appointment change due to our home situation. In regards to the records, it had nothing to do with payment. The new dentist requested the treatment plan and all I got was the X-rays.