December home LED lightsLights not working

J

We purchased 5 boxes of December home LED C9 Christmas lights for our home last year. Throughout the time when they were on the house we had issues with the covers to the bulbs staying on, but the lights always worked. This year, as we went to place the light on the house we found that 3 out of the 5 sets no longer worked! We tried replacing the fuses, to no avail. This address was given to submit complaints under the three year warranty.

• Kl
    klhuyge Mar 01, 2017

I am writing to express my frustration and displeasure with the Christmas lights we purchased this past year. We purchased over 20 strands of light and although they were a significant cost the belief that they would be reusable year after year was justification.

The first few nights we had the tree it, the lights were beautiful. I have attached a photo below. Within three weeks of using the lights strands began to burn out (a few light bulbs at a time) and eventually would burn out altogether. Within one month we had over 14 strands that no longer lit. What a sad ending to our gorgeous tree that did not stay lit until Christmas.

It frustrates me that we had to spend $150 to rent a cherry picker to put these lights on the tree, $150 to rent a cherry picker to take these lights off and over $200 in lights (receipt attached). I am hoping that this note will result in some recourse to us before we have to purchase lights again for next year. Sorry for the late nature of this note but we needed to rent the equipment to remove all of the lights to determine how many were no longer useable.
    I have photos and receipt if needed

• La
    Larry Leach Dec 12, 2015

Bought 5 strands from Home Depot last year--worked fine. Put them back in the boxes and this year 2 will not turn on. What could go wrong?
    Fuses are fine. I frankly don't understand, but it must be a problem with the company. Irritating.

• Pr
    PRRunner Dec 03, 2011

Sorry to hear about your experience with these lights, but I have had some dome LED blue lights from December Home going on 5 years now and they work great every year. In fact in that time I have went through numerous strands of GE lights and Target brand because Home Depot, where I originally got the December Home lights from was out of them. I actually bought 7 strands of them and just this year had to replace two lights and that's it. I am specifically looking for just these lights now and found them at Meijer this year, I hope you get an answer from the company

• Co
    Cooee Nov 25, 2011

This is a public site for people to vent and warn other consumers about poor service, bad products, etc. No one here can do anything to help you resolve your issue. Take it up with the retailer, who will undoubtedly not want to hear it but may be able to tell you how to reach the manufacturer.