Danielle Elliottunauthorized social media business promotion and scam

U May 31, 2019 Review updated:

On May 19, 2019, I was anonymously texted that a Business Facebook Page was created on my behalf. I texted to immediately remove the text. My demand was ignored. I called the number provided in the text and told them to remove the Facebook Page immediately and then texted STOP. Both instructions were ignored.

Today, I received an email from: Christina Simone, Head of Graphics and Design or Social Media Manager of Local Social Pro Located at 448 S. Hill St, Los Angeles, CA Emails: [email protected] and localsocialpro.com. Phone: 877- 505-6225 and 310-449-2523. She contacted me again and informed me she prepared 20 social posts for me and requested I check the Facebook Page she prepared for me.

I am outraged my information could be posted on FACEBOOK without my permission. I demand: 1. my Business Facebook Page be removed immediately AND 2. Ms. Simone be severely censured
3. Ms. Simone no longer have access to FACEBOOK to conduct her business.

If these requests are ignored, I will forward this email to my attorney.
Danielle Elliott

• Do
    Donald Tepper Jan 30, 2020

I've run into another variation of their practices. I signed up for their services in October 2018, paying a monthly fee. They set up a Facebook business page for me. It was amateurish, but it was done promptly. Then they started posting blogs, per our agreement. I checked the page several times through the spring of 2019. They were posting blogs--and the quality of the blogs was acceptable. Then some problems came up at my end, including a serious health problem. The service was on autopilot, though, and the posts were okay. Note, though, I was getting no calls or response. Still, everyone says consistency and repetition is the key. I checked the page last December and while the blog headings were posted, there was no content. I called on January 30, 2020, to cancel the service.

I spoke to a customer service rep, Kai. She refused to cancel the subscription. She kept offering one month free. She sent me a screen capture "showing" recent posts. I sent her a screen capture--I've added it below--showing empty shells, no posts. She insisted the problem was with my computer...or browser...or with too many cookies...or a slow Internet connection. She said they'd been waiting for me to send them an email on something; I wasn't clear on what, since the service had started off okay.

After 50+ minutes, she promised to immediately send me an email confirming service cancellation. She didn't. I tried calling the company to speak to someone else, but regardless of the phone option I chose, I kept ending up with Kai. She'd variously say that the service would be cancelled within an hour, or by the end of the day, or within a day (as in 24 hours). She refused to give me any confirmation number for my call or the cancellation.

Comments