DaimlerChrysler2005 Jeep Liberty Transmission STRIPPED @75K

P

A PLANNED OBSOLESCENCE OR DEFECTED PARTS????????????

For 5 years, I have had no issues, what so ever, with my 2005 Jeep Liberty until it's transmission DIED right on I205 @60mph, and fortunately, both my 4 year old son & I was fine but quite terrified. I had it towed to the dealership service center & was told that the transmission was practically stripped, which has shown NO prior warning.

Believe it or not, a 2005 Jeep's transmission STRIPPED at 75K??? the worst thing it that it's at 5K out of warranty, only 5K!! Daimler Chrysler rejected my plea due to lack of regular maintenance(??) I did my oil change, brake pads, tires regularly, but what does it have to do with the transmission?? I did my transmission and differential oil change and check-up @32K and was to schedule another service but the unfortunate happened. What else is there for regular maintenance? Why did my transmission stripped just like that and at 5K over warranty? What happened to customer dedication? What happened to good-will service?

This is my 2nd jeep and will be the last. NO MORE JEEP for me! NO THANK YOU!!

• Pd
    PDX-gt Apr 05, 2010

Yup, I hear you... Right after my 2005 Jeep Liberty's transmission practically stripped at 75K miles and DaimlerChrysler rejected my plea and tried blaming me for it, all my friends asked: "What in the hell would you buy an American car for?"

Totally disappointed!!!

• Rw
    R. W. Helm Sr. Aug 07, 2007

So I guess what you are confirming is that is OK for you to make a product where some fails in less than the 36 months that has nothing to do with mileage that you feel that's OK to make and install such a shabby product on what used to be the good name of Chrysler.

And that its OK to have parts that don't last 3 years , but you use the mileage excuse to deny a claim even though you and I know that mileage should not have anything to do with power window motors that fail at the same time. No wonder people are moving to foreign made cars that stand up better and have a better warranty.

I guess "US" is not the best anymore!

Very disappointed... R.W. Helm Sr.