Covers Canada-Blinds, Shutters, Drapes...NOT HONORING WAGJAG voucher

G

I had purchased a WagJag Voucher for $50 which entitled me to $250 worth of custom window coverings. The expiry date is March 31, 2012. I went in to use my voucher last week and was notified that they were NO LONGER honoring the voucher because they were losing money. They offered a $75 value instead of $250. I contacted Wagjag immediately. Can they change the terms of the agreement after a voucher has been issued and honored for a number of customers already?

Wagjag has not responded to my complaint. I am prepared to take Covers to small claims court over the matter if only on PRINCIPLE! They are NOT going out of business and only sold a Limited number of vouchers so can the LEGALLY not honor them?

I'd greatly appreciate people's input.

gina

I'd greatly appreciate any input

• Al
    Aldada Mar 14, 2012

I also had the same problem. I spoke with Wagjag who refunded my account. It's actually not their fault as they certainly don't want to disappoint their customers with vendors who reneg on terms. The Wagjag rep told me that their legal team had been pursuing Covers to try to get them to honour the wagjag but to no avail. I would say simply hold Covers responsible. Their unapologetic refusal to honour a contract they knowingly entered into is disgusting and frankly demonstrates what a second-rate business they are.

Vote with your dollars. I personally will never purchase anything from Covers again and, thanks to social media, I am able to spread the word and warn my friends, colleagues and anyone else in my network about the shady business practices of Covers. Unfortunately for them, they'll likely find that the damage to their brand will be more costly than honouring these wagjags in the first place.

• Rw
    rwhite9 Dec 29, 2011

I also had the same reception from Covers. They said get a refund from WagJag or we will give you a $75 voucher.
    I will take the refund from WagJag. I will NOT take my business to Covers anymore. I will also NOT deal with WagJag anymore. They are the ones who sold it so they are also accountable..