CostcoBeing stalked and harassed by employees

H Nov 24, 2020

I just returned from Costco. We have had a membership for probably 20+ years.
I've always enjoyed my shopping experience but ever since this China virus was unleashed it's been very unpleasant being forced to wear a mask. I can not wear a mask with my
condition. I can not wear a shield either. But, my point goes beyond even this issue. While I was shopping several employees were stalking me and reporting me on radios to managers. I heard them from nearing 40 yards away. I was approached twice and told that I had to wear a mask. One was an employee who raised her voice from about 15 ft from me, telling me to "Put your mask on!" The anxiety that it has caused me has been as bad as wearing a mask for me. It has been several hours now since I went shopping and I am still very nervous about this, thus I'm writing to you. People do not need additional stress by irritable and demanding employees telling them to put on a mask. I protect myself in other ways that are even more effective than a mask or shield. I should not be harassed or stalked while shopping because I choose not to wear something on my face. You are causing a bigger problem than we already have by how you deal with your customers and I'm not the only one who feels this way.

Joe Craig Dec 01, 2020

My wife and I were shopping today (12/1/20) at our local Costco in Greenwood, Indiana. We both had our masks on even though we are both retired and have health issues making wearing a mask very uncomfortable. My wife lowered her mask to her chin for just a moment to speak to me when an employee rushed over to tell her she would have to pull her mask up and then just stood there waiting. I have been in business all of my life and know this is no way to treat your customers. We have enjoyed shopping and saving at this store ever since its opening. I want you to know I don't like my wife being treated as a child and after spending thousands of dollars per year we will no longer give Costco our business only to be treated in such a fashion. You need to understand you don't have anything unique to which we cannot get within 1/2 mile down the street at our local Sam's Club or a myriad of other stores.