CORA LLCEmployees haven't been paid in nearly 2 months, CEO threatening to fire people for complaining about the company.

This company only hires disabled people to work remotely for many of us this is our only chance of employment. The CEO says it's a privilege for us to work there and be paid. The president/CEO of our company is Neil Romano, who is the former Assistant U.S. Secretary of Labor Neil Romano, who has never once stepped in to intervene, or even address anything going on in the company, in fact no employee I know has ever seen, heard, or spoken to the man. In the past when the CEO(Ilene Morris Sambur) was angry at employees she stopped sending checks for at least 2 weeks. None of the employees have been paid since early June, and the issue wasn't even addressed until 2 weeks ago, most of us have had bounced checks. We were told people who left complaints on our quickbase site would be terminated, and also if you asked too many questions, or emailed about paychecks, and other company problems that you would also be terminated. Since we haven't been paid, they continue to hire new employees through vocational rehabilitation offices every week. During a webinar with the entire company after someone’s check bounced, which bounced their own checks, she said she shouldn’t have to pay that person back because they were buying frivolous things from a specific store, which is absurd we should be able to spend our money on anything we want because we earned it, but she acts as if we didn’t even earn the money, but she had to pay us. They finally put most of the employees on furlough until further notice, but expect employees to work in volunteer positions. It is insisted upon that we have good company morale, and if we choose to go against this she threatens termination. Since our paychecks started bouncing, and we stopped receiving checks she continually tells us that this is a normal course of business, and not to tell our vocational rehabilitation counselors (their biggest client). These people are taking advantage of the fact that we are all disabled and most of us can't even employment, or unemployment, some of us can't even get disability. Ilene Morris Sambur told us while we're on furlough to apply for unemployment, which is ridiculous, because she won't let but a few employees (the higher ups) work more than 15 hours a week, and in most states you can't get unemployment at such low hours. We were promised that at the end of our 90 day training period that we would be placed in positions, however there weren't jobs to put us in, so instead she put us on furlough (but some of us haven't worked in 2 months) while every Monday she starts to train a new batch of people that the company is paid $3, 500 a piece from the government vocational rehabilitation department. During this time of furlough we are expected to attend daily webinars, one of which is a prayer meeting for a terminally ill employee, and wants us to work on a volunteer basis in the meantime. She treats her employees, and the business itself as if they are there to benefit her and her alone, disregarding any ill effects of that her actions have on the lives of her disabled employees. This does not just effect me this effects hundreds of disabled destitute individuals, their children, and their families. We can't put gas in our cars, food on our plates, buy school supplies for our children, and so far no organization that has been contacted has attempted to assist.

• Jg
    j. Goldstein Aug 10, 2009

My name is Joel H. Goldstein, and unlike the commentator that wrote this horrific description about CORA, LLC, I am not afraid to enter my name here...rather than hide behind the "black mask" of any pseudonym. Its so very easy to "throw stones" when you are a disgruntled worker who has been treated justly by an employer that isn't satisfied with your work ethic or work product. The facts are somewhat different when spoken by an employee, such as myself, who has been treated well because I have established myself as a valued asset to the corporation that employs me. CORA, LLC is an excellent company for whom to work. While it may be true that CORA is experiencing the same economic problems that the whole country is suffering through, it is far from the "ogre-driven, uncaring or fraudulent" corporation that this "RaggedyAnn" has described it as. Its CEO is Ilene Morris-Sambur...one of the kindest, most caring, intelligent woman one would ever want to meet. Her credentials are impeccable and unimpeachable, her behavior is well within the norms of any corporate head trying hard to keep their company fully functioning while battling government cut-backs that have greatly impacted it. Neil Romano is the President of CORA, and I have personally spoken with him on several occasions since he came "on-board" several months ago. The fact that "RaggedyAnn" hasn't is merely a demonstration of the non-administrative position that this individual must have held in the corporate structure. I am one of the many employees that have been recognized for my abilities and have risen through the ranks to a point at which I've had the privilege to speak with Mr. Romano...who is a true gentleman and a pleasure to know. CORA's issue with payroll is a direct result of a slanderous campaign to sully its name by people such as "RaggedyAnn" which have resulted in some State Vocational Rehabilitation Agencies to withhold their funding from CORA while these matters are "investigated". CORA functions at a VERY, VERY low profit margin. Virtually ALL of its funding goes directly to the Disabled individuals it employs. CORA represents the cutting edge in Remote Telework...not everyone that is referred to us can handle the intense use of computing technology. These are people who have used outside help to pass the screening procedures CORA uses to identify people who will not succeed at this type of employment..."RaggedyAnn" is apparently one of these persons. His/her failure to remain successfully employed is undoubtedly behind the comments left here. If you want the truth about CORA, LLC ask someone who is not ashamed to put his name on his comments. I can be reached at [email protected]

• Al
    alida gamberella Aug 10, 2009

Hello my name is Alida Gamberella, I work very closely with Ilene Morris Sambur. What the complaint fails to mention is that the daily webinars are company updates on how far we have come in getting payroll updated. Its not mandatory eveyone attends. But it is used to answer most of the emails that flood us daily. Instead of taking 6 hours to answer each email, Ilene addresses the questions all at once. Now we can stop the webinars and answer the questions one by one, even though they are the same questions over and over again, and spend our entire day on that, or we can give it to you all at once and get on with getting the company running smoothly again.

The webinars for the terminally ill employee is also voluntary not mandatory, which the complaint concerning that, clearly demonstrates the ability of the complainer to follow directions and actually listen to whats going on. Bluntly : They can't.

As far as accessability to Neil Romano. This complaint also clearly demonstrates the limited experience this person has in the corporate world. Unless you are on the board of executives you don't encounter the president of the company.

Payroll issues: Our payroll issues are being addressed daily, hourly, by the minute, and every second. We have requested that employees with medication issues, utility issues, and rent issues to email payroll with details, But we are not going to help someone pay for victoria secret.
    Yes you can spend your money anyway you like, but if you decide on a clothes instead of food or medications then thats your responsibility. CORA is not responsible for making it's employees responsible.

Vocational Rehabilitations Counselors: What is being told to the employee's is. Complain to us first, If you are not satisfied then by all means tell your counselor. Every employee has access to Quickbase employee communications site. They list their complaints there and they are then addressed on a personal level.

Volunteer workers: Its just that. Volunteering. No one is expected to do it. It is given as an option, nothing else.
    Again this clearly shows the inability of the complainer to LISTEN.

Distitute employees: To our knowledge no one at CORA is destitute. If there are, they didnt say anything. Again we have requested people with these types of issues to email payroll.

Those of us who work the long hours do this for each and every employee. Not for Ilene Morris Sambur. She is a wonderful Lady. But the concept behind CORA is to create opportunties for those disabled individuals who cannot work outside of their homes. And we are doing just that. Yes we have hit some snags lately. But honestly what company hasn't in these times.

As far as morale, we try to keep morale up so our employees do not get discouraged. When someone starts spreading malicious and hurtful things, they dont realize who they are actually hurting. Yes its CORA to some extent. But you are also taking away alot of people's last hope.

So If anyone has anymore complaints or questions please feel free to email me at [email protected] and I will gladly answer them.

AdvilPM Aug 10, 2009

As a ex-employee If I had the chance to work there again I wouldnt even for VERY HIGH pay. I personally wouldnt recommend it to anyone. I didnt have to say anything the companies actions speak for itself as many employees have said and spoken. Here is mine I know I asked many times for help and instead of being treated like "sure let me show you how its done" (note im one who learns quickly and was even noted for it). Many times I was treated like I was wasting things or a total screw up. Anyone here can say they dont do that. Then you tell me how many times the CEO walked away from these wabinars angry. How many times she dumped things on people when they already had overbaring amount to do and was expect to do the job of many people when its easlily known they will not get it done. I saw personally several people I worked with overloaded in work and were in fear that they would be fired. This is not how you work with disabled people. If its about money and it takes more to run the business then sadly less people will have to work. I dont even want to get into the times we have gotten to work and been told were going to be off for weeks, or days. Then they just expect us to come back and be ok. Everyday was like coming to work drawing from a hat as to who and what were going to be doing and if we didnt magically know something we never did "ohh it was burn in hell", I experienced it and I seen many others to. Its been written more then enough times about how this was. People and myself being written up on jobs for my first time and had never done it before.

I can remember going to training and being told by the lead "to do it this way" then go to the room and its told to to it another way. Then the next day its go back and the next its something else. I can remember I wanted to scream "WHICH WAY IS IT". I can remember starting to make friends off work time and soon and we would all talk about the same problems and all of us (some very experinced in the work force) could not believe how crappy at times we got treated. While I was never anything special, I didnt expect to be treated special I just was happy to work and finally able to do something again. I really thought it was going to be something, I was wrong.

• Sl
    slehrke Aug 10, 2009

My name is Shawn Lehrke. I've worked for CORA since November 2008, and this is my story.

I am visually impaired. In my case, what you see isn't always what you get. Before I came on board with CORA, I hadn't worked in years. There really wasn't anything I could do outside my home. I don't drive, and rely on my family for much support. Working for CORA has been a privilege and an honor. During the good times and the bad, CORA has been there for me, as I have for it. CORA gives me a sense of accomplishment, a drive to do better, and a reason to get up in the morning, as it does most people in my situation.

You might ask why I stand behind CORA and its CEO, Ms. Illene Morris-Sambur. I'll tell you why. It's simple. I believe in what CORA stands for. Mark my words...some day very soon, RaggedyAnn, you'll be regretting your words here in this forum. CORA will rise from the so-called ashes, and be a household name. CORA will be making money hand-over-fist, and you won't be a part of it.

What CORA is doing is more than helping disabled people. It's much bigger than that. CORA is helping AMERICA! CORA is helping America regain it's pride and independence. We are bringing work back to our country, and proving that it can be done much better, and much cheaper than offshore. You wait. It is happening as I type this, and when all is said and done, it will be people like you, with nothing better to do than slander others to make yourself feel better, who will be begging to come back to get your piece of the pie. But, it will be too late. CORA doesn't need people like you. CORA will thrive because of people like me, and Joel Goldstein, and Alida Gamberella, and most of all, because of Illene Morris-Sambur herself. People like us work hard to help others, not hurt them.

I'm not going to defend the issues with payroll, or the webinars that are not mandatory, or try to change your mind about anything you've complained about above. It really doesn't matter what your opinions are. Everyone has them, and is entitled to their own. What I will do is tell you that despite what you've tried to do here, CORA will succeed. There will be many, many more special needs Americans to come through the doors of CORA and find employment. Some will succeed and some will fail, but that is expected with any job. You either have what it takes, which obviously you did not, or you don't. It's that simple.

One last thing: I challenge anyone who might have a complaint about CORA, to stop being cowardly and post your names with your complaints. Stand up for what you believe in. My guess is that most of the complainers will not put a name to their post because they really don't have a leg to stand on.

• Ba
    Barbara Poe Aug 11, 2009

My name is Barbara Poe, unlike Raggedy Ann and Advil PM, I am proud to put my name here. The statements Raggedy Ann put on her comments is a FLAT OUT LIE!!! I'm not sure where she got her information, but she certainly didn't get this information from the Webinar's, that CEO Ilene Morris Sambur has held everyday, to keep everyone informed on all areas of Cora. As for the comment about not talking to your counselor, ALL COUNSELOR'S are invited to listen to every webinar Ilene has had. I have been with Cora for 1 year now, and have worked in all area's, including training and project manager. People like Raggedy Ann, and Advil PM, DON'T follow instructions. Which is why they have all the facts wrong. I know this because of the comments that were made by both of them.

I work very hard everyday, by listening and folowing instructions. Why does people like Raggedy Ann and Advil PM, think Cora is any different then jobs they would work in a brick and mortar building. Cora has experienced set backs, like many Companies today. The only difference, Cora is not getting a hand out from the Government, and working long and hard hours to fix all problems, including resolving payroll issues. Ms. Sambur, and Management continue to work long, and hard hours to address all issues, and make Cora even better then ever. Raggedy Ann, did you follow instructions and apply for all the open positions that are available? Did you go to one of many interviews? Advil PM, I noticed you stated you were an EX-EMPLOYEE OF CORA...that tells me everything I need to know.

Cora will continue to grow, and be bigger and better then ever. I am proud to say I will still be here, and glad people like Raggedy Ann, and Advil PM will not. We need people who can help resolve problems, not create them. But you can read about us, or watch us on your TV screen. Ilene Morris Sambur has a dream...I'm just glad to be apart of that dream!!!

AdvilPM Aug 11, 2009

I wish to respond since my situation has been questioned. I was not fired from Cora, I stated ex-employee as I no longer work there. I choose to leave after speaking with my VR counselor about my situation. I actually talked to them (VR counselor) twice, a month into working and they (VR counselor) told me Coraworks was growing faster than it expected. It would take some time but things were to be better in the long run. Then after sticking it out cause I really wanted to work (and needing money). I was moved all over and over and having basically no training, these quick webinars didn’t do it. I can remember so many times people (me included) after webinars saying "she did it so fast how do we do it again". I even remember we had people who didn’t even know much if really anything about computers/internet and id see team leaders having to help them the whole day. While I would want anyone to be able to work as again this Coraworks is a GREAT idea, I saw too many times it fail and to be honest it came from the boss’s cause of a lack of a better system.

I wish also note if my name is John or Jane what would it matter. It still doesn’t answer anything that is taking place within the company and how it’s being dealt to people. You spend more time complaining about "people hiding" then solving the issues at hand which is the main Coraworks issue, attacking rather than resolving as even I tried to do with no answer. I would send stuff to HR and would get well get back to you. Somehow I would be forgotten. I did get a reply once and was told they are VERY busy and would get to me when they could. It never happened. I’d go to the HR chat room and be told to go to my regular room till they had time. It never happened.

When I left it was sad, I lost many people I enjoyed working with. This really seemed like the only good thing that came from Coraworks. I am now working part time in a job that treats me MUCH better. I am happier to not feel the questions of am I doing it right and stress of being written up if I’m not doing good enough when I’m REALLY TRYING. They trained me well and even gave me a person to call during work and off work that I could talk to if need be. While every place is different and I am very lucky. The example I’m seeing here can be used at Coraworks by attitude and learning.

i don’t want Coraworks to fail, and if you feel that’s all I want then you are not looking to solve the issues. I want Coraworks to make it but right, but not like it is. Serious changes are needed and many things need done. I know it’s going to affect many people. So my question is how Coraworks expects to fix things like. Training? Attitude? Payroll? Jobs?

Blame on it on who you want but it does nothing, only serious actions will speak louder than words.

• Jm
    JMuilenburg Aug 11, 2009

My name is Jeff Muilenburg. I am a quadriplegic and have been employed with Cora for almost a year and a half. I feel it's sad that people have to go out and complain about certain situations, such as what I have seen here. When you do this I feel you do more harm than good, not to the company itself but instead to other individuals currently working and looking to be employed by that company, especially when you don't fully understand the situation.

In the situation, it appears that there are a couple of disgruntled people that feel they were mistreated by Cora. Instead of looking back at the situation and addressing it in an appropriate manner they chose to use slander and badmouth a former employee of theirs that is currently helping hundreds and will help countless numbers of people find and fulfill their dream of employment within a difficult work force. Just like any other company not everyone is going to be happy. Unfortunately, for some people, instead of trying to move on and make things better for themselves they choose to badmouth and speak ill, non-truths, about their former employer.

Have things been tough at Cora? Sure at times, but with Ilene following her vision and her determination to keep this company going in a positive direction Cora is going to succeed, no matter what complaints come about. Cora is currently going in a slightly different directions and will continue to give those that are willing, to go through a rough patch or two, a great opportunity to succeed with finding employment.

Cora did have to furlough people, but this was done to better the company and to help them get the payroll situation caught up. All of these furloughed people now have the opportunity, again, to work in one way or another with Cora. It may be a commission only project or it may be one of the many new opportunities that open up each day. Keep in mind that not all of these employees can be brought on at one time, but the current management staff are working extremely hard to get them back working as soon as possible.

As far as some comments about not making quotas, every company needs to have certain guidelines to follow and have certain expectations of their employees. It is unfortunate that not everybody will be able to meet or exceed expectations, and it is also unfortunate that some people feel that they need their handheld through every step of the process. Even after they have had substantial training certain individuals, unfortunately, feel that they need to be catered to every step of the way even though there are numerous other employees that need assistance as well. I truly wish that everyone that came to Cora would succeed but sadly that will not be the case, as we have seen.

Cora has turned my life around for the better and I am truly grateful for that. I will continue to work with Cora no matter the negative remarks that may come about by disgruntled employees, because I know the side of Cora that truly cares and wants to help people succeed in a difficult time within a struggling economy and work force, as much as they can. That time complaining and making negative comments may be better spent by trying to find situations that better fit their needs.

For those of you that may have read the negative comments in this post, and are currently employed with Cora or considering future employment with Cora, I hope you look at your needs and your situation to determine what is best for you. It would be a shame to let a couple of disgruntled employees make up your mind for you, as Cora is full of happily employed successful individuals.

• Br
    Bryan Corum Aug 12, 2009

My name is Bryan Corum and I work for CORA. I am disabled, and I have been for nearly three years. I have learned a lot in that time. Some of the things I have learned or seen more clearly in this time: It's okay to struggle. It's okay to have and face problems, daily. We need adversity to learn and grow. If life were perfect, it would be boring.

Because of a bewildering quirk of human nature (which we all have), sometimes I forget some of the following things that I have known for a long time: It is not okay to be angry. It is not okay to maliciously create discord. It is not okay to hold grudges. Negative energy is not healthy.

If you have made a decision to move on, please do that - move on and find your peace. Don't dwell on what has been; focus on what will be.

Last year I wrote the words below for our youngest daughter on the occasion of her high school graduation. They seem apropos here:

To see a thing for what it’s not
    And not for what it is
    May change its nature, change its spots
    Then what it’s not, it is

To be in dark, with airy light
    The mind illuminates
    A buoyant flare ignites new sight
    The spirit levitates

To vindicate, requite, avenge
    A grievous injury
    Ease up, relax, reduce, unhinge
    Set free with dignity

To hope, to soar with boundless strength
    To dream reality
    Approach, repose, reflect at length
    Enthused vitality

To recognize that you are great
    Find your humility
    Find balance and appreciate
    Your wealthy vibrancy

To find the truth amongst the lies
    Seek help and listen well
    See what you see through others eyes
    Decide, move on, don’t dwell

To do what’s right and meaningful
    Use passionate control
    Be clear, sincere, and credible
    Find your creative role

To suffer loss and bear the pain
    To have to tough it out
    With time the hurt becomes arcane
    Within becomes without

To have some fun, to sing and dance
    Yet not break all the rules
    Don’t be afraid to take a chance
    You’ll find we all are fools

To find a peace, complete and whole
    That will not come apart
    You must dance deep, within your soul
    And sing within your heart

• I agree with Raggedy Ann. I work at cora and am waiting to be paid many weeks of pay. I am disabled and cora got $3500 from my voc. rehab. person and I havent even made back that money before cora cut my job after my 90 days were up. how many people really got jobs that lasted more then 90 days or stable jobs after cora got all this money for over 400 plus employees as said in the webinars. I am afraid of losing my job because I need to buy my medicine. Thanks RaggedyAnn, you said the truth.

Ticked Off 2 Aug 15, 2009

Found this late at night and am very tired, and I am still involved with Cora, ...But not much longer!!! When I get my pay, if I ever do, I will be gone. I will be back to share my, not so good views, but yes, I am behind Raggedy Ann 110%. You said it just like it is, good for you, I will be back here to tell my story, that is pretty much all on the same lines as Raggedy Ann. I hope others just like us follow and share their complaints also.

• 2d
    2disgusted Aug 16, 2009

CORA really sucks. Management will say that because all of them have jobs and all they do is kiss IMS's ###.

I still work for CORA, I have never seen or worked for a more backward and disorganized company before.

For all of you that disagree with Raggedy Ann, you really are sick. Get your head out of your ### or out of IMS's.

If CORA is having payroll issues, WHY are they still hiring new employees each week??? They can't afford to finish paying the employees on furlough. I have still yet to receive 3 paychecks from them. Where is all the money that she is getting from DVR?? In her own pockets? It sure as hell not coming to us.

Since my experience with CORA, I have been moved from dept to dept, room to room (all in the same week) and never in the same dept each week. So if you learned it one way, you sure as hell learned it differently the next day or the next week. Talk about confusing and very frustrating.

For the personnal that disagreed. I did take excellent notes, listened well, never once said anything negative to employees at work, got along great with my co-workers, followed directions well, applied for jobs (that I don't even believe are even exist) did everything I was told. I then was told by two persons in management lets just say "negativity and others things that were really bad and then they denied it" pretty sad when I have it in writing. They said that they would never say that or be that mean or cruel - yeah right.

If it doesn't concern them, they do not care. I have issues and concerns and brought it to there attention through emails, chat rooms and QB and nothing.

I have attended the meetings and it is bull. IMS should not be spreading all that negativity ### about employees or employees saying negative feedback to their counselor that we should be going to CORA first. ###.

CORA sign an agreement with DVR and they are probably in violation.

We may work at CORA but if it wasn't for the employees and the DVR there would be NO CORA.

When we start with the DVR we have to tell them the truth about everything. If we don't we get pulled from the DVR. I am not going to risk my involvement with DVR (I had to wait 2 years before they could get to me that is how long the waiting period is for me) for CORA. DVR has done more for me than CORA has ever done.

IMS has said that we have to stop the negative feedback about CORA and she will even consider putting everyone on furlough. I really think she better consider the source. The real world companies have even treated me better than she has. That's saying a lot.

• Wo
    worried1 Aug 18, 2009

wow, to be honest, i can understand why people that are complaining aren't willing to share their names, so i'm not gonna harp on that, i understand they have no desire to incur the wrath IF what they say is true, and to be honest, they may be liable if their words are scrutinized closely, because it almost sounds like they are accusing CORA of running a PONZI scheme, and that, (if insinuated, and untrue), may have serious repercussions! The only other problem i have with the concealment of names, is it does make it difficult to know if the postings are one person, re-registering over, and over, just to add credence by number, or truly a number of separate people. I am concerned, as i have recently been hired by CORA, and before i went this route, i carefully researched the company for complaints like this, and found none, so i can see how these remarks CAN affect, and cause harm to this company, since i "probably" wouldn't have continued to pursue this organization with these postings. I am hopeful that this is exaggerated, and or cleared up quickly, and the company succeeds, as few things would make me happier! My own personal, (although admittedly limited exposure) with this company, has thus far been pleasant, and problem free, and i hope it continues this way.

• Tr
    truthandliberty Aug 18, 2009

I agree 100 percent with Raggedy Ann. CORA took advantage of me and many other disabled people, plus they took tax payer money and abused it. Further, they treated us all terribly. If I were spoken to in a real rather than virtual workplace, in the same manner as I was at CORA, I feel it would have been considered discrimination and workplace harassment as well as creating a toxic work envirnoment. Let me explain. I was spoken to as if I were a child, because I am disabled. I was spoken to as if I were just "lucky" to have anyone willing to employ me, because I am disabled. I was told that I should be grateful and that I would never succeed with out CORA, because I am disabled. I was spoken to by managers who used foul and offensive language. I was put down over and over again. I was shamed in front of other employees as were many others. We were even told these words by a manager WHO HAS POSTED COMMENTS ON THIS SITE defending CORA- "Sit Down and Shut Up!" Further, let me say that it has absolutely nothing to do with employee performance, as managers have insinuated on this site. Disabled people are paid for by tax payer money through each state, in the amount of approx. $3, 500 per person which is paid to CORA usually in installments, and then CORA keeps us for 90 days so they make sure to receive all of their money from the governemt, then they cut us all loose and even refuse to pay us the money we earned while working. Our questions about this are either answered with anger and shaming tactics, or just not answered at all. I am owed many checks for many hours of work. Also, let me clarify that I personaly know the people who have posted complaints about CORA here, and it IS NOT one person posting comments...it is all indeviduals who are fed up. CORA is continueing the "people mill" as we speak. They hire new people all the time. Taking tax payer money for each one. They will use and abuse them too, I have no doubt of this. I would NEVER post this unless I felt it is absolutely true and necissary. Because I am the little guy, and have no real way to fight this big company, I am doing my part by notifying others to what the real deal is on CORA. I fully expect to be torn apart by CORA management for what I have said here, but be advised all who read this...next time it could be YOU who are penalized for being a whistle blower.

AdvilPM Aug 18, 2009

While a few of these posts have mentioned managers I do want to say a couple managers I worked with did a great job and if not them Cora would have had alot more people quit.

I personally worked with Jeff Muilenburg whos posted here. He was very respectful and treated our room well and helped us. He never talked bad to us or treated us badly. I found him someone who had MUCH better people skills then the CEO. He had to change rooms alot but his helping was to me a example of a manager. Why thats important is the CEO ran everything and all of us were on tiny little ropes. I felt at times people like Jeff (who I had to ask questions) was limited in answers cause the CEO always had to be asked EVERYTHING. Its like he didnt have any say in anything. While I know he wont say it here or even talk about it period, I know this was a problem when I would talk to him on several issues and it wasnt him trying to cover his butt.

Also Matthew (dont remember his last name) is another one who was very respectful and trested us very well. We were able to email and even talk to him at most hours of the day. He's the one that kept me from leaving so many times. I can remember him talking to us and telling people in the rooms who were gone what happened the day before. He even had notes for us when we were absent. Again I remember him needing answers to things and he said "they hadnt got back to him". Seemed like a common trend.

Again im not here to end Coraworks im here to give my personal experience. I think Cora should look at some of these and think about what people have said.

• RaggedyAnn Aug 18, 2009

Thanks to all of you for your support, and to all you puppets, go ahead and run your mouth, immediately after filing complaints I was terminated. For your information I didn't post my name because it's not anyone's business, especially yours. Here's the latest on Ilene opening mouth and inserting foot.

From IMS:
    There are a few of you that have posted unacceptable remarks about your employer. Let me make it perfectly clear that no employer owes you a living. You earn the right to work for an employer, meaning if you cannot do the work, why would the employer retain you as an employee? Especially if you were openly negative and complained about your employer on a corporate intranet.

I'm sure the rest of you also earned your pay, just like me. And by the way I've heard so many people are just itching to know who shops at Frederick's of Hollywood, so I'll give up the ghost, it was me, I, who am well endowed, must purchase my brassier at Frederick's of Hollywood, I know I only owned two bras and one broke so it was a very frivolous purchase...

corasurvivor Aug 20, 2009

I truly believe in the original mission & purpose of Cora, LLC – and still do to this day, even though I am no longer there. I too am very upset by the matters occurring within the company. When I first started I thought it was going to be great to be able to have a little extra money in my pocket to help meet the needs of my family. I spent money to create my office space, and had internet service hooked up – and where did my investment go? Nowhere… it left me further behind in my bills and struggling even harder to survive. It took time away from my family and they became upset when I had nothing to show for it in the form of a paycheck. Most people believe that when you get a job and go to work – you get paid – and you shouldn’t have to ask and beg for your paycheck. It is something you are legally entitled to especially when you have signed agreements and contracts to work for the employer. I find it disturbing to think that the CEO of this company seems to think that “no employer owes you a living” - and they can’t seem to understand why people are so upset and making such negative comments. People are upset because they believed they would have a job and get paid on a weekly basis as in outlined on Cora LLC’s payroll/timecard policy statement, and are told during the interview process. Instead people end up being faced with having to beg for their checks and sending in emails crying hardship and destitution to the payroll department- and many of them have gone unheard – as I have spoken to one individual who is owed over $2000 in paychecks, and another is owed at least $1000, for more than two months of work – they sent in emails – and no one has gotten back to them. Oh and another thing – the CEO had the dandiest of ideas to post the employee’s name of who would be issued a check for the week on the company dashboard – what a great way to breed more hostility amongst the employees, as some would get upset because their name was not on the dashboard, and end up bad mouthing their co-worker receiving a check, no matter how big or small that check was.
    I really don’t want to get into a tangent here and start “bashing” the company – truthfully I really loved it there – but could no longer tolerate the poisonous atmosphere being generated by the fact very few have gotten their checks. It truly is an awful and sad situation for so many great and talented people that have worked there and still work there. I have been wondering about a comment though in the past few days and that is the comment by the CEO written in words across the internal company dashboard… “Your actions have made me realize, my dream will not be accomplished as I once thought.”… Does the CEO expect people to work for free and not abide by the contractual obligations as set forth and advertised through the vocational rehabilitation agencies across this country? I don’t think these agencies have been told the truth as to why they have paid the $3500 fee per person to be “hired” by this company. If they knew they were paying that amount of money to help one person accomplish their “dream” they would be mad too… The “dream” is a great idea, but people need their paychecks.
    My final message here … if you find yourself in the position where you are completely frustrated by Cora LLC, and need some help and don’t know where to turn, I believe I can find help you find the help you need. Don’t become a victim by what has happened here, be strong, and become a survivor… please feel free to email me at [email protected] . Thank you.

• St
    Stand up for the disabled Aug 23, 2009

I agree with those who have discussed the pay and abuse issues CORA management releases upon their employees.

As far as any purchases made by an employee, management must have received the information of "And by the way I've heard so many people are just itching to know who shops at Frederick's of Hollywood, so I'll give up the ghost, it was me, I, who am well endowed, must purchase my brassier at Frederick's of Hollywood, I know I only owned two bras and one broke so it was a very frivolous purchase..." as a personal payroll issue. By no means should this charge have been discussed in a Webinar, used as an example of what CORA feels employees should spend their money on, or given this personal information to "all" employees.

I for one, shop at Victoria's Secret. I have had my muscles and tendons repaired in the breast area and had a little taken off to relieve the pain in my back. The only bras I can wear (doctor's orders) are wireless, but with much needed support. Sorry, but you don't get that at Walmart. For me too it is a medical issue and no employer has the right to deem what "frivolous spending" may consist of for her employees.

I have since been "terminated" because I spoke up for myself, defending the horrible treatment by management, and requested my pay.

I hope the CORA concept continues, but would like to see the abuse stop. Someone or an organization will find the truth and settle all these issues.

• Al
    Almost had a cow today Aug 24, 2009

Oh my God! I nearly had a cow today when I looked at the coraworks.com site. As a terminated employee with much experience and education, none of the posted services or jobs were offered to employees. How on earth can a company that doesn't pay their disabled employees offer such services to businesses? Who is going to work these jobs? Oh God, I pray the truth comes out.

Give me a break:

•Bank Reconciliations
    •Establish and Perform Monthly, Quarterly and Year-End Reporting
    •Prepare Consolidations
    •Job Costing
    •Reconcile intercompany accounts and transactions
    Fixed Asset and Capital Accounting

Cost and Inventory Accounting

•Maintain Inventory Records
    •Develop and Update Costs
    •Perform Variance Analysis
    Back To Services How can we help?

Name

Email Address

Question or Comment

How Can CORA Work For You?
    Select OneServicesTechnologyEmploymentBusiness Opportunities

Ticked Off 2 Aug 25, 2009

Job/training services offered to the disabled. Complaints - Pay and treatment of employees

Job/training services offered to the disabled.
    Posted: 2009-08-25 by Ticked Off 2

Pay and treatment of employees

I would first like to say that not all of us complaining about CORA are "disgruntled". First of all I will include the meaning of disgruntled: in a state of sulky dissatisfaction-Sulky: sullen or moody, moody or silent because of anger or resentment.

OK, now I would like to say I am definitely not in a state of sulky...moody or silent because of anger. I am, however, very upset that some of the management I choose to work for has put me or anyone else that they have never come in contact with in this or any other catagory. How can you put a lable on anyone when you have never meet them or on the other hand never even spoken to them? That's what some of the managers within this company want to do and have done on many occasions, is label us. But if you notice, the labels are put on the complaintants because the company doesn't like our opinions and/or questions posed outright to them. If they, the "management team members of Cora" doesn't know the meaning of outright, please let me elaborate: without reservation or exception.

OK, having stated the above now allow me to elaborate on the statements which will include why I pointed out the above statements.

Me, moody? NO, PMS was gone years ago, it takes more than the Queen and her royal court to make me moody. Silent because of anger or resentment? NO, not silent, I have plenty to share and it isn't out of anger it's out of disappointment due to this company misrepresenting itself to us as to what the company has to offer me as a disabled person. Resentment? NO, I am not bitter or angry I am mad, hurt and upset... big difference.

I, am a disabled person also, who is still "on the books with Cora", although I am only there because I too am still awaiting pay from them. However, I am not owed as much as some of the other employees and I feel so badly for those who are soley depending on Cora for employment and payment. Moody, sulky, well no! Pissed and wanting to be treated fairly, well yes!!! Not only does Ilene get extremely defensive and down-right angry when employees ask for their pay but she tries to blame all of us not getting paid on the non-factual statements that it is because of the employees lack of learning or training on projects. So, whose fault is that, Cora's management!!! Oh yes, and the fact that this company is supposed to be filled with management, including the CEO Ilene Sambur, who possess superior knowledge including but not limited to 20 years hands-on executive financial management experience who has returned companies back to profitable operations with her strong leadership and training skills. Well bravo Queen Ilene, so if this is the case how could SHE then allow her own company to work a client project so far into the ground that she stopped any work that was being done on that project and then said that it was because of incompetent persons working it. She claimed that only a contract of two, $200 contracts were written and over $60, ooo in employee pay checks were written. DO THE MATH!!! That did not happen over night. But the matter of fact that the employees were being faulted for this kind of company obliterating, distruction is absolutely appalling to me. If you are surrounded by top level executives who have extensive business reputations including but not limited to: marketing, communications, financial management, payroll and much much more. then it is, shame on you for allowing yourself to get into this mess and for bringing those who are depending on you for work down and then belittling them. Yes, we all know that there is financial problems everywhere but Queen Ilene was not blaming the problem on that, when she would address us as a company, she was belittling people that was working on the project, doing what they were told and how they were taught to do it. It was not their fault that the project was not "holding its own" no, it was the fault of those who were supposed to be keeping an eye on the developement, workings and outcome of that and other projects. The only thing that Queen Ilene was consistent in saying was "you must follow directions, how do you think you can get anywhere if you don't follow directions"? What directions??? They would put you on a project and say you are writing email scripts, calling scripts or just what ever she had you doing that day and would then say you have 15 minutes to complete, aaaannnnndddd go! Well ain't that a good way to have your company presented to other companies. I and many many others felt as though we were back in grade school and our hands were going to be smacked with the ruler if we didn't get on the starting line and jump when the bell went off. And for the ones saying just go on with your life, let it go, well that's quiet an attitude to have. I for one am concerned about others and the impact all this putting off, denying, unanswered questions, feelings and the impact, yet again, of not having a job and being blamed for it is affecting others; it needs to be stopped!! OK, it's late again, will be back. All have a good night. By the way, I would to be glad to attach proof but Queen Ilene has shut down all forms of communication in the database and has taken away all the sites that we had to communicate on, so the proof has went "poof" we no longer have access of anything anyone has asked, commented to, answers (or the lack thereof) or anything else. Some of the employees started asking the "hard questions" to the management team and voicing their honest opinions and like I said "poof" it was all taken away. They sure did put a stop to employees communicating with each other because some were agreeing with the comments and voicing their own opinions and it was stopped in its tracks. Ok, have a good night.

• St
    Staning Up to Be Heard Aug 25, 2009

I want to first start by saying that I do not want to bash CORA LLC, but I do want to state some facts and truths as I know them. I have been working for CORA LLC for almost one year now. Currently, CORA is experiencing a mass furlough. I am one of those Employees who have been furloughed.

I want to start off by letting you know something about me. I am a hard worker who suffers with a physical disability and severe depression. During my employment with CORA, I met all requirements such as quotas and attendance. I even held an internal staff position. I truly believed in the mission of CORA to employ disabled Americans. I had not worked for almost 10 years before I became an employee of CORA. CORA had given me my self-worth, dignity, and pride back. I felt like a person again that was no longer defined by my disabilities, but rather by my job skill. I loved coming to work every day. I may have missed only a total of 3 days of work on my end during my employment with CORA. I honestly and truthfully would consider myself a model employee.

CORA in February of 2009 furloughed its employees for two weeks, because there were serious issues of production. It was said at the time by the CEO and owner of CORA, Ilene Morris Sambur, that approximately 90% of the company was not meeting the minimum production standards that were set. The furlough was imposed in order to revamp CORA's training of employees. I personally agreed that the furlough at that time was necessary. I am happy to report that the furlough produced some wonderful uniform changes in CORA's training that did improve the functioning of the company.

The current situations in CORA are: 1) Employees are furloughed indefinitely, 2) A very high percentage of Employees are owed paychecks from as late as June 2009 to the present, and 3) Many employees have been terminated or have quit due to reasons of being whistle blowers and complainers to being disgusted with CORA.

Many employees in May 2009 were not aware of the impending money crises that CORA was beginning to experience at that time. Employees up to that point in time had been receiving direct deposits every Friday on time. Then, one day, paychecks were not deposited on that Friday. Many employees had automated bank drafts set up for personal reasons. They expected their checks to be there like they were there every Friday. Lo and behold, they were not. CORA's employees are only scheduled to work M-F at minimum wage for no more than 15 hours a week. Now, it was a Saturday, and employees were horrified to find that their checks had not been deposited. This caused many employees to overdraw their accounts, and also caused them to miss scheduled payments for automated bank drafts. It was not until sometime later that evening, if my memory serves me right, that employees could go to the company communications board to view a message posted by Management that stated something to the effect of there being some type of major power outage in the west where CORA's bank was located that caused paychecks to not be deposited on time. I do not think at the time that any Employees were able to see what was coming next. I know that I sure didn’t. CORA's CEO promised to reimburse those employees who had incurred ISF fees once the Employee provided proof of the fees. That was a noble thing for CORA to do, but it did not address the fact that the Employee whose automated payments were bounced also had their credit damaged by a late payment. Business as usual continued in CORA. Then, the next week there was a notice posted either the day before payday, or the same day as payday on the internal communications board again. It warned that paychecks would be late again. Unfortunately for many, the notice came too late to stop automated payments. Once again, CORA stepped up and offered to pay ISF fees for those employees affected. The next week, a companywide webinar was held on a Wednesday where employees were told by the CEO that direct deposits would be discontinued indefinitely until they could find a new payment processor. It was explained that the company that CORA hired to handle payroll was not able to timely process paychecks due to their company’s size and resources. Employees were given a schedule as to when they should expect to receive their paychecks in the mail. The new schedule was just shy of 2 weeks. That seemed reasonable to most employees, because it was like being paid every two weeks instead of being paid weekly. By the end of May, the true payroll issues became apparent to many employees when their paychecks were not received around the time stated by the CEO. Very soon after that, a particular client project that was being worked on by many employees was abruptly terminated which caused those employees not to be able to work. Then, the CEO held another webinar stating that the client project was terminated, because the client bounced a very large check, and also that the employees who were working the project were not producing according to standards set for that particular job. Employees were told that paychecks would now be released at certain times. We were not well into June when this was happening. Stories starting flying around by Employees who stated that they received paper paychecks that had bounced. The CEO then proceeded to tell the employees that the paychecks would have to be released as money came into CORA so that no checks would bounce again. That is when the verbal abuse started on both sides of the issue. Employees were angry now, because they were not receiving regular paychecks even though many of them were working on new client assignments. Tentative pay schedules were now being posted on the internal communications board. Unfortunately, these schedules were constantly pushed further and further back. By this time, some employees began to complain to their VR Counselors about working and not being paid on time. Ilene and her Management staff became infuriated about this. They began to hold sometimes daily webinars on the subject of employees going to counselors to complain and how wrong that was to do. I do agree to some extent with CORA on this issue. Some of those employees did not speak with management about the payroll situation before going to their counselors. The tone of the webinars began to be very negative in a way that caused employees to become even more angry, or afraid to say anything about the paychecks crises. I say this because contrary to what CORA management believed, they were not satisfying its employees with the things that they were saying at the time about the fiasco. They started threatening termination for those employees who had gone to VR counselors. Management also made statements, and I am not quoting, like you (employees) should be lucky that someone wants to employ you because you are disabled. It is a privilege to work for CORA, and that CORA does not owe you anything. How wrong management is. CORA owed its employees valid explanations, its plan on how it was going to fix the problem, and more importantly the money that had already been earned by the employees. As management held these webinars, they did talk about the paycheck crisis, but it began to be in a blaming tone. It was stated by the CEO that those who had run to their VR Counselors to complain were causing further financial issues for CORA that would impact CORA paying it employees. Management began saying things like, those people did not think first about their actions before they went to their counselors. Now, many states are withholding payments to CORA for employees that CORA has hired. CORA receives approximately $3, 500 from a state VR programs to train disabled individuals so that the employee will be able to work directly or indirectly for clients through CORA. That brings up the question of CORA's financial stability. Is CORA that dependent on states to be able to pay its employees? Where is the revenue that is supposed to be generated from CORA's employees working on client projects?

Now, in June, CORA's CEO decided to furlough the majority of CORA's employees in order to catch up on paychecks. Sadly, it is now the end of August, and I am still owed roughly $680 from the last week in June to now. I am in dire need of my pay since I do receive SSI and SSA takes away $1 for every $2 that I earn. My earnings in a month effects what I will receive from the SSA two months later. This means that I am short monthly since June money that I need to support myself and my family. I will not receive a full SSI check until October. In the mean time, I have been asking relatives to assist me in helping to pay my rent, electricity, car note, phone and internet bill, and insurance. I had to go around my area to stand in long lines for free school supplies for my two children, because I could not afford to buy school supplies. I have a vehicle that I cannot drive right now not because it is not insured, but because I do not have gas money to put in my tank. Thank God for food stamps. CORA encouraged employees who were experiencing hardships to write to payroll explaining and/or proving their need for their paychecks at the time. Some employees began to lie to management, because they wanted what was rightfully theirs….their paychecks. That is a low, sad, sorry state of affairs when an employee feels the need to lie just to get a paycheck that they earned. CORA encouraged its employees to apply for unemployment, but I do not qualify because I cannot do just any work. I am severely limited in the type of work that I can do. During this furlough, CORA continues to employ new employees and accept payments from state VR programs for new employees while those who have been with CORA for over 90 days continue to wait to be called back to work a new client project, and to receive outstanding paychecks. Why is CORA still bringing in new employees when it cannot afford to pay its current employees? Ilene has now decided as of August 1st not to pay new employees for on the job training even though CORA is being paid money for training these employees. This can be rationalized by saying that now the money that is coming in from VR can be used to pay outstanding paychecks to current furloughed employees. I am wondering what happens to the people who are now completing training. Are they instantly also put into the furlough group without an opportunity to earn wages?

Neil Romano, is the President of CORA. Does the name sound familiar? If it does it is because he is the Assistant Secretary for Disability Employment Policy and a former Assistant U.S. Secretary of Labor. I do not understand why as CORA is going through this financial crises, has he not address the employees? Does the right hand know what the left hand is going? I challenge Mr. Romano to address CORA’s employees on these issues instead of participating in magazine interviews about CORA such as the one he completed in Ability Magazine.

Management needs to refrain from making fun/insulting its employees during companywide webinars. It is very humiliating to a damaged person’s feelings such as mines. I had the CEO say some negative things about me in webinars. Even though she did not call out my name, it was just as hurtful. I feel that you do not have to make examples out of people to get your point across. It causes a division and mistrust between management and the employee. Threatening employees is never a good idea. You can anger a person so much, that they can become hell bent on breaking down CORA out of anger. Ilene needs to realize that many of her employees do have issues in self esteem because of their disabilities. Instead of blaming and threatening others, try to be more understanding. My grandmother told me that you can get more bees with honey. What you give is what you should expect. I do not mean this for all of CORA management. There are some really decent and considerate kind managers in CORA that are sincere. This was directed mainly to Ilene and those managers who “fit the shoe.” To this day, I have yet to hear Ilene apologize to her employees for the current situation of things at CORA. Apologizing does not mean that you are weak. It means that you are strong. You would be amazed Ilene of how an apology can begin to heal your company. Making threats and firing people just continues to add fuel to the fire. Excuses like Ilene gave such as what CORA is going through now is a normal course of business is not cutting it. I refuse to believe that this is a result of “normal courses of business.” Telling people to sit down and shut up and if you do not like CORA you can leave has got to stop now. I know that you have a business to run, but you can’t run a business without valued employees. Stop the finger pointing and blaming and “man up.” Enough is enough. Both sides in this issue continue to hurt each other. I encourage all employees who have been affected by these crises to get help and talk about your feelings. CORA may not be for you. As for myself, I will continue to hang in there, because I have nothing more to look forward to unfortunately. I have completed my assessment, uploaded my resume’, and applied for at least 3 positions. I haven’t heard anything yet on my personal situation. I am slowly losing hope. If I lose hope, what am I left with? Call me crazy, but despite all of CORA’s current crises, I still truly love and believe in CORA.

• Pa
    Paul Christian Aug 25, 2009

I am not afraid to tell you that my name is Paul Christian.

It seems that we were led by a liar. Just as one example, the following excerpt from 07-01-2009 has been quoted from the CORA Employee Site found in CORA Quickbase. This is in reference to the unpaid wages that Ilene Morris Sambur has been withholding from employees to whom it is due. Also pay particular attention to the fact that Ilene Morris Sambur is passing off blame onto employees for the inexcusable non-payment of wages to the employees.

Payroll Checks

The estimated dates previously posed were ESTIMATED receipt dates.  We'll have a[n] UNPAID webinar tomorrow, 07/02/09 at 11:00 AM EST to discuss cash flow and actually take a vote on how we can resolve this matter very quickly for ALL employees.

If you want your vote counted, I advise you to be there.

We will also discuss the impact of not receiving Service Authorizations (results in direct cash flow) from states that either had to push out their commitments to us based on their own state budget issues or from situations created by yes, , , , our own employees.

NOTHING will get in the way of CORA's growth.
    IMS

Please forgive for being a cynical here, but I don't remember that there was ANY vote taken. If I am wrong please provide total votes for and against ... what was the plan again ??? OMG !!! There never was a plan voted on; was there ???

The following demostrates the unGodly behavior of Ilene Morris Sambur in robbing all CORA employees of their wages.

[excerpt quoted 08-06-2009 from CORA Employee Communication Dashboard]

We have had a request from a member of our CORA Family, for healing words and positive thoughts. If you have had problems with drugs or alcohol in the past, successfully turned your life around, and feel comfortable sharing your story with someone who is struggling right now, please contact John Hatgidakis, CORA Chaplain. They have requested your help and need all the support we can give them.

Thank you in advance for caring.
    John Hatgidakis
    CORA Chaplain

[http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/chaplain]
    Merriam-Webster Dictionary

Main Entry: chap·lain

Pronunciation: cha-plən
    Function: noun
    Etymology: Middle English chapelein, from Anglo-French, from Medieval Latin cappellanus, from cappella
    Date: 14th century

1 : a clergyman in charge of a chapel
    2 : a clergyman officially attached to a branch of the military, to an institution, or to a family or court
    3 : a person chosen to conduct religious exercises (as at a meeting of a club or society)
    4 : a clergyman appointed to assist a bishop (as at a liturgical function)

Were the meetings for Andrina Blyth not held in the Second Life Chapel to begin with - not to take anything away from Andrina's health complications? And by his title of Chaplain, isn’t John Hatgidakis the person performing the religious exercise in Second Life for the Family of CORA? And hasn’t he filled the role with the permission and aquiesence of Ilene Morris Sambur? Therefore CORA is indeed holding religious services, and even though voluntary, non-participants have been insinuated as being uncaring individuals.

Quoted on 08-06-2009 from the same dashboard just below the above statements:

08/03/09 - John - I used to speak for Alanon for many years at AA, Alanon and NA conferences. Alanon, a 12 step support program for relatives and friends of those living with alcohol and substance abuse, did turn my life around. Unfortunately, my previous husband chose to stay in denial and died of a heart attack at the age of 49. I am always here for anyone that needs to discuss 12 step programs and the support available. // IMS [Ilene Morris Sambur]

The 12 step programs are in themselves of a religious nature. On many occasions the Serenity Prayer was invoked - GOD give me the wisdom ... On many occasions in Second Life, Ilene Morris Sambur made reference to all CORA employees as a Family. One can safely conclude by implication from invoking God's name in the Second Life gatherings that the CORA Family is indeed a Religious Family. Also, many others in Second Life and in Parachat expressed the same idea of a Family in God and Jesus without correction or reprimand from Ilene Morris Sambur, or any one of her puppet managers. Not having done so gives credence to the fact that CORA employees are a Religious Family.

Second Life has been and continues to be a Religious gathering place where a good many CORA employees congregate. If Ilene Morris Sambur was truly interested in God, then she would be obedient to His word, His law regarding paying the hired help their wages. The following shows just how unGodly Ilene Morris Sambur is. By God’s own Word we find her to be a thief; and a robber; who has stolen from of each and every one of us. Not exactly what you would expect of a truly caring and considerate Family member.

Proverbs 3:27, 28
    27] Do not withhold good from those to whom it is due, When it is in your power to do it. 28] Do not say to your neighbor, Go, and come back, And tomorrow I will give it, When you have it with you.

Deuteronomy 24:14, 15
    14] You shall not oppress a hired servant who is poor and needy, whether he is one of your countrymen or one of your aliens who is in your land in your towns. 15] You shall give him his wages on his day before the sun sets, for he is poor and sets his heart on it; so that he will not cry against you to Jehovah and it become sin in you.

Leviticus 19:11-13
    11] You shall not steal, nor deal falsely, nor lie to one another. 12] And you shall not swear by My name for falsehood, nor shall you profane the name of your God: I am Jehovah. 13] You shall not oppress your neighbor, nor rob him. The wages of a hired man are not to remain with you all night until morning.

Jeremiah 22:13
    13] Woe to him who builds his house [ * ] without righteousness And his upper rooms without justice, Who uses his neighbor's services without pay And does not give him his wages, ...

[ * ] You can resd into it The House of CORA

Mark 10:19
    19] You know the (10) commandments, 'Do not murder, Do not commit adultery, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Do not defraud, Honor your father and mother.

She always plays her trump card; boasting and bragging of her importance. After having taught the Adult Bible Study class in my church for 3 years, where on occasion I had to offer correction to fellow church goers I am not of the opinion that Ilene Morris Sambur would not be the kind to humbly take correction; and especially not from someone like me who doesn't have any secular accolades to brag about like she does quite often. This is also something that John Hatgidakis, CORA Chaplain, has failed in his duties as the Cleryman attached to the Family of CORA. No one was watching out for and protecting the Family of CORA from the theft of their time, being robbed of the wages of their hire.

2 Timothy 4:2-4 (Amplified Bible)
    2] Herald and preach the Word! Keep your sense of urgency [stand by, be at hand and ready], whether the opportunity seems to be favorable or unfavorable. [Whether it is convenient or inconvenient, whether it is welcome or unwelcome, you as preacher of the Word are to show people in what way their lives are wrong.] And convince them, rebuking and correcting, warning and urging and encouraging them, being unflagging and inexhaustible in patience and teaching. 3] For the time is coming when [people] will not tolerate (endure) sound and wholesome instruction, but, having ears itching [for something pleasing and gratifying], they will gather to themselves one teacher after another to a considerable number, chosen to satisfy their own liking and to foster the errors they hold, 4] And will turn aside from hearing the truth and wander off into myths and man-made fictions.

James 4:16, 17
    16] As it is, you boast in your arrogance. All such boasting is evil. 17] So whoever knows the right thing to do and fails to do it, for him it is sin.

1 Timothy 5:18
    18] For the Scripture says, You shall not muzzle an ox when it treads out the grain, and, The laborer deserves his wages.

Malachi 3:5
    5] And I (Jehovah) will come near to you for judgment; and I will be a swift witness against the sorcerers, and against the adulterers, and against those swearing to a lie; and against those who defraud the hired laborer of his pay, and turn away the widow, and the fatherless, and the alien; and who do not fear Me, says Jehovah of Hosts.

Leviticus 6:1-5
    1] And Jehovah spoke to Moses, saying: 2] If a soul sins and commits a trespass against Jehovah by lying to his neighbor about what was delivered into his hand for safekeeping, or about a pledge, or about a robbery, or if he has extorted from his neighbor, 3] or if he has found what was lost and lies concerning it, and swears falsely; in any one of these things that a man may do in which he sins: 4] then it shall be, because he has sinned and is guilty, that he shall restore what he has stolen, or the thing which he has extorted, or what was delivered to him for safekeeping, or the lost thing which he found, 5] or all that about which he has sworn falsely. He shall restore the principal, add one-fifth more to it, and give it to whomever it belongs ….

Numbers 5:6, 7
    6] … When a man or woman commits any sin that men commit in unfaithfulness against Jehovah, and that soul is guilty, 7] then they shall confess the sin which they have done. They shall make restitution for their trespass in full, add a fifth to it, and give it to the one he has wronged.

So far, I have not seen nor heard any evidence that Ilene Morris Sambur intends to obey God, or to make full restitution to each and every one of us hirelings who have been defrauded of our time and wages by her at CORA.

• 2d
    2disgusted Aug 25, 2009

THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH ----TICKED OFF 2

I couldn't have said it better myself. It's amazing what CORA did to me. Because of them I no longer have any self-esteem, no confidence, I am a shell of my former self. They treated me so badly that it will take a long time to recover and now I am on medication for depression, dysthymia and a personality disorder. I never had that before. My husband can't believe the change in me since I started with CORA. He did not even recognize me, it was so bad. but hopefully with the help of the LORD GOD, alot of praying, and other help I will get back to my old self.

I am glad that anybody that was or is at CORA that had issues and was able to talk to someone or even get ahold of someone, I appauld you. You did wonders that I or my DVR counselor could never do.

They lied to me, degraded me made me feel dirty and shameful and felt like ### and not worthy to be in the same room as them. HR is really something else. They lost paperwork and tell you one thing and do another. They told me that i would be getting emails and never got it. When it came to the jobs posted, I had to badger them just to get a response. They told me that I was never in the group interviews when on all on the interviews i attended i was there. They don't do their job properly. I gave up trying for the jobs and the interviews because of how it was proceeding. because i knew that i would never be contacted

• Kr
    Kris Burnett Sep 01, 2009

Kristine Burnett: As of Monday, I am an ex-Cora employee/my choice. Joel, I waited until now to post because of retaliation. That is why so many use pseydonyms. Not cowardice, self-preservation. So many of you have covered most of my concerns and complaints about Cora but I do have a few things to add.
    I was one of the ones who posted on the Q&A site that made IMS livid. I gave an answer/response to Paul C. I asked if he had see the answer given to Mary H. regarding her DA investigation. I asked Paul if he had received an apology yet. (All of those who were investigated SHOULD hve received an apology. It was stated on QB that people had deliberately skewed the numbers on the DA project. No names were given but you could tell by the rather plaintive questions asked regarding reinstatement who had been judged guilty with no proof.) Then, I said what bothered me was IMS' statement (July 15) that Cora would no longer 'coddle' (her precise word) the employees. Most of the workers require daily accomodations be made or we cannot work. That is reality, not coddling. I then stated how disappointed I was in Cora and how it has actually caused harm to me (not as bad as another lady posted). Later, I went in to copy what I had posted and found the site shut down and I lost my temper. I searched until I found two places on the Message Board where I could still input something. They are as follows: 'Not sure if this is the place to put this but...I just learned that I have been barred from Q&A because the powers that be dislike what I posted. We were told that Q&A was the place to post concerns and questions. Over and over at Cora, when you asked who/where do we talk about problems, we kept getting the runaround. Finally, there was a place to let off steam, discuss, air concerns, get answers. Per usual, any criticism was immediately viewed as negative/not a chance to correct or better a situation. Per the charming message from IMS: My last day of work I was commended by my team leader for my work. The week before he had asked me if I would consider being his assistant. Therefore, your idea that I am an incapable employee does not apply. I was not slanderous or abusive in my Q&A postings. Merely accurate. As for unreasonable expectations: Cora was PAID to train and find work for me. Most of the training will not transfer out of Cora and I am obviously not working. Respect and loyalty are earned. They cannot be gotten by threats, intimidation or muzzling. It says a great deal about someone that they will not allow ANY dissenting or questioning voices. I posted this 08/17/09 on the Can You Hear Me Now? site. Dear Lillian: What we were doing before Cora was to be unable to buy meds, gas, food, pay bills etc. Which is why we are working. Once you have extra income, you budget with it. An employer is responsible for providing work and then the commensurate pay. The employee is responsible for coming to work and then doing said work. Most of the employees have done that. Cora has not. Plus, she was PAID already. Wonderful ethics. I posted this 08/17/09 on the Stand Up and Be Heard site.'
    One of the postings on Q&A pointed out that management could say and post the most egregiously rude, nasty and insulting things and be applauded for it. Profanity was acceptable coming from certain individuals. It was always so pleasant in the webinars for the management team to come on and spew venom at anyone questioning Cora, especially those who merely wanted what they had earned. What was truly awful was the day Barb P. just laid into people and mentioned that some were in the webinar. After her diatribe, IMS verbally approved of what Barb had said. Then, IMS mentioned gleefully that 'those' people had left the webinar.
    Now, I come to the webinar on 08/19/09 where IMS just flat lost it. The lady was definitely out of bounds to suggest the following: we were off our meds/needed counseling/must be crazy. Then she threatened legal action. Per usual, she followed up with saying that all of Cora's problems were caused by employees and BVR. (Funny, it doesn't seem to keep her from bringing in more employees and taking more BVR money.) IMS is dealing with a very vulnerable population who are struggling to work; not just for the income, but to be validated/be part of the working world again. Such verbal abuse is inexcusable. To me, the worst 'crime' committed by Cora is giving hope and then snatching it away. I cannot say whether this is due to the current problems or whether it is an on-going pattern of operation. But, to borrow one of IMS' favorite phrases: HOW DARE YOU?!

• Fo
    Fox want's her money Sep 01, 2009

I agree with all of your complaints on CORA everyone has covered it all in detail. I was really happy to be working again when I was hired on at CORA through Voc Rehab, it took me 3 yrs to get a job and CORA was my last hope so when I started to work I had goals. And was promoted to Team Leader before my 90 day's was up, and then thrown in to Team leading with no training so it was trial and error for me. And when I did wrong boy they let me know. I heard and worked with probally alot of you and know you well. I am sorry we all are going through this and I couldn't help more. But we all know CORA likes to lead us blind! Guess so we don't see whats coming next. I too have weeks of checks owed to me and was furloughed right along with you. I loved working with CORA and their had been alot of hurtful things come out of our CEO's and upper Managements mouth. I was in aww when I would hear the tone and meaness put out to all of us. I know I was offended and I wasn't doing anything at the time, i tried to hang on and be patient jumped through their hoops and applied for all these jobs, did the questionaire with Tele-Teck, sighned up for CCC, which is Commision only and sat and waited with everyone else in chat wondering what we are doing Know! I did get into the CCC eventually and worked a week and half, and in that time the forms they have you fill when doing calls was changing before my eye's literally and was no way to keep up and make the production goal for that day or even fill the form out properly, because had to keep going back and try to fix. Well at the same time Management would come in and be rude about it telling us if we can't fill the forms out we won't get paid for the leads we bring in. And be terminated.I had 7 interested leads and wanted to be paid for them I lost it started bawling so hard. I had tried to stick it out and be faithful to CORA and they keep craping on me and all my co-workers. I had pulled the TL of this group on skype in tears and she assured me all is ok and I was doing Fantastic. Lol well Management came in 15 minutes later and reamed me about the form ( If I don't get it right I won't get paid and will be fired). Lol was already furloughed and working for free just to keep my foot in the door and hopefully have a job again someday! Well they ended up shutting down the project for the rest of the week because the database was messed up. Did I get an apology NO! I got bumped out of the system and can't get into Para-Chat or Quickbase. I did recieve an e-mail stating I had a CCC meeting and no way to get to it the new system they started Monday is not set up yet and I couldn't get in if I wanted. I just gave up this week it's useless. I so wanted to make this job be my home and was willing to work alot of hours and work my way off disability. I have been taking this to my Mental Health Counsler and Church and they tell me to get out now because I am going down hill as far as my mental and physical condition because I take things internal and hold it in and get nagative about my living and being alive. yes i became suicidal and was getting really nagative on my abilities and if I was even worth the air I breath..I spent 6 to 9 hrs a day trying to get hired on again or jump their loopholes. Anyway's they want me to take CORA before the Labor Board because it is illigal to what they are doing. Their are hundreds of us who have been put through this mess and still waiting for payment of work already served. I did find out Legally we should have had our checks 2 to 10 day's after our furlough and paid in FULL! Not a small bone to pacify to keep us quiet. They still owe me 5 checks yet dated back in June and I want my money!
    I am sad I have to take action I wanted to believe CORA's Mission, and yes Ilene if in the future you do manage to be sucessful with CORA and get it running smooth again, I will be sad because I gave you a 110% and then some and you used us to get your success. That must be why I finish last because I refuse to hurt people to get what I want. Sorry to all who have suffered CORA's wrath and God Bless you I hope you all are ok and miss talking with you all!

When it is safe Sep 01, 2009

Someone sent me this information and you all may be interested in reading this link: http://dockets.justia.com/docket/court-dcdce/case_no-1:2008cv00083/case_id-129288/ (global, no less).

I have a lot of inside information about CORA and will soon be posting what I know on this site. Once I know it is safe for me, I will also post my real name.

I have no need to seek revenge upon CORA or IMS. I believe the legal system will do that itself. I've been told by Social Security and the IRS that production of paystubs without actually paying the employees their wages is "fraud" (their words, not mine). These stubs also state Social Security and Medicare taxes were paid on specific "week endings". How could these taxes be paid on monies the employees have not received.

Months later, if an employee is lucky enough to receive a check, the date, check number, etc. all match. Some envelopes sent through the U.S.P.S. do not have "date stamps" on them. All of you, please check your post marks on the envelopes.

A good rule for a personal filing systems is to staple the envelope to a copy of your pay check with the stub attached, your original paystub after you remove the check, your time card, and any other information involved with that pay period.

No, none of this is legal advice, not an attorney here. Just a few tips for filing.

Will write to you soon when it is safe for me.

• Ca
    carmal Sep 03, 2009

well cora family its sad i agree with alot of people who cora has wronged like most of you i am still waiting to go back to work i have been feed ### from ims and cindi beetee which i cant stand i cant believe the so called company has the right to treat there employees with so much disrespect .its not the employees its the ceo and management that are heartless and just down right mean.ims takes money from the dvr and keeps them only until the money comes in and then she dumps them i cant believe that none of us have filed with the workforce development i have for misleading a contract signed by ims and the dvr for not allowing continues work per the contract.i to have lost my home my cell phones and my heart because i trusted ims to be honest with us instead she is a lier and a cheat

Ticked Off 2 Sep 04, 2009

I have posted a new complaint, who has been posting here as "Ticked Off 2". If you go to the Posting "Cora LLC- Atrocious Treatment of Disabled Epployees" you will now see who I am. Most of you will know me and I thought it was time to identify myself to let you all know that I am behind you and have had the same experiences as most of you. I hope that the right government entities see these postings and step in to correct the wrongs that have been done to us as employees of Cora and this behavior is stopped. No one, not us, nor others after us, should have to endure the treatment that we did at the hands of upper administration in the company of Cora.

WhyDoYouLie? Sep 12, 2009

I too was an employee of CORA. CORA made many promises of training, mentoring, and job placement that NEVER happened. CORA also advised they had 100's, sometimes 1, 000's of jobs for us and that NEVER happened. Training was a joke! You can't switch people from one job to the next on a daily basis and expect them to excel. I moved my way through the ranks; Assistant Team Leader, Team Leader, Project Manager, Administrative Assistant, ect. I was privy, first-hand to the disgusting, often abusive treatment that IMS and upper management would subject it's employees to on a daily basis. I became more and more disillusioned as the treatment and expectations grew worse. I expressed my concerns to management, team leaders, and in written form. Then May began and the delay of checks and if you were lucky enough to receive one several weeks later...it would bounce. No apologies have EVER been made to any employees. At first IMS would blame employees saying they filled time cards out incorrectly and that was the reason checks were delayed. Then she blamed it problems with the time card company. Then she stopped direct deposit and said checks would be mailed. I new this meant they could blame it on the mail system (which they did many times, "We cannot control the mail.") Then she blamed it on vendors saying THEY were the ones sending them "bad" checks. Then it was again the employees fault for complaining to their VR counselors about not getting paid and that the states were withholding payments.

IMS would threaten employees with termination if they went to VR counselors with concerns. HELLO! We followed chain-of-command...expressed concerns in written form on Employee Board, we expressed concerns with team leaders, managers, management...guess what? It is our right to go to our VR counselors at that point! IMS and CORA NEVER addressed our concerns sufficiently. After waiting for NSF reimbursement and several checks, talking with VR counselor, Senator, ect., I gave my notice and was advised that the situation would be investigated.

You know what is truly sad? I believed in CORA and what they promised. I trusted CORA and IMS to fulfill what she had promised to her employees and their VR counselors. I do know that you can't run a business by threatening, degrading, and humilating your employees. I do know that positive encouragement goes further than negative criticism on a consistent basis. I do know that you must keep new employees in a position longer than a day or week or even month if you expect them to do a good job. I do know that before you get a new client that you should make damn sure you have trained those employees appropriately before throwing them into a position that welcomes failure. You can't train a person in 20minutes to do a good job. Lastly, you must PAY your employees on time as promised! You cannot expect employees not to be upset working for free, while you verbally abuse them and talk badly about others. That's just BAD management. We are now in September and I know for a fact that furloughed employees are owed up to 5 or more weeks of pay and are still waiting. Why do I know this? Because we form bonds with each other and develop friendships outside of work and unlike CORA, we mentor and support each other in a crisis.

I hope that CORA gets their act together and takes this critism and if they are to survive in the business world assisting disabled individuals, please take some classes on the appropriate to manage and critic your employees without

anothercorasurviovor Sep 13, 2009

For the one that seem to LOVE CORA SOOOOOOOOOOO much and want to down grade the ones that have complained or think we dont the a mind to know what was done to us I want to know have you gotten your checks are you bills being paid in a timely matter And if you have your bill paid for the work you have done then why is that some are owed 1, 000 of dollars from Cora and it should not matter what we spend our money on it is OUR MONEY WE WORKED FOR IT I ALSO KNOW that some of you dont need the money as your have others in the home that help you . So untill you have been told by HR that you have to wait your turn and your turn NEVER comes. YOU still have pay your bill now matter what they are but you cant cause you have a company that cant even get their story straight.

Cora Survivor Sep 13, 2009

I HATE THE SUFFERRING CORA HAS PUT PEOPLE THROUGH!!!
    YET... to this day truly love the mission that Cora originally founded itself upon... but there have been horrible mistakes that have gotten far out of control and so many people have been hurt! Yes, the ecomony is bad, and even state and federal employees are being furloughed also to help compensate their budgets - however those employees are paid up to date! I find it incredibly fustrating that "the company" will still try to parade around and pretend like nothing is wrong to the outside world!

The latest news I saw is that Ilene Morris-Sambur has made the following request to help Neil Romano for an event that he will be lecturing at... JAN’s 25th Anniversary at the US BLN Conference September 15-18, 2009... this was request was written by IMS very recently as follows;

If any employee has experience making short videos, please contact me immediately at [email protected]

We need to make a 3 minute video for Neil Romano to show as keynote speaker at a conference which will include 5, 500 businesses!

We can use gotowebinar to record if all else fails. Video must be completed by noon tomorow.

Thanks for your help in advance,

IMS

*******

You have got to be kidding me! The due date from the time she posted that was less than 48 hours away! It takes alot more time than that to put together a good quality 3 minute video! And why was this not planned further in advance when the conference date was posted on August 12, 2009 on the JAN Blog (Job Accomodation Network) with it already set that Neil Romano was going to be speaking? http://www.jan.wvu.edu/blog/?p=119

Nothing about this company is ever thoroughly thought out and planned and things are always disorganized and requests are always made at the eleventh hour before something important needs to be taken care of!

Well, I hope this event really helps Cora I really do! But find that the following needs to be addressed at this conference and I hope that someone inquires about it...

...Several individuals are perplexed and would like to inquire as to why Mr. Neil Romano has been labeled the CEO for Creating Opportunites by Recognizing Abilities (CORA) for this event? When we worked for CORA we were given the information that Ilene Morris-Sambur is the CEO and that Mr. Romano is the President… even the www.coraworks.com website advertises Ilene Morris-Sambur as the CEO and founder of CORA and that Mr. Romano is the president of this company.

Now to report a situation about CORA… CORA has “furloughed” many individuals and CORA has printed many checks with check numbers and not sent these checks out to the employees because CORA claims to have no money. Employees are being evicted from their homes, getting their utilities shut off, even losing a great deal of weight because they can not afford to buy food. This is a very sad and tragic thing happening with this company… and someone needs to shed light on the situation.

Many individuals are reporting when they try to contact the Cora Payroll/HR department in the form of an email about the whereabouts of their checks (they can also get this information about these paychecks online to see when they were processed) no one responds to them. Some people have checks that have not been sent to them that go as far back as May of this year, and many people are reporting this company and filing complaints to their State Labor Standards Bureau about their past due paychecks.

We sincerely hope that this event will shed some light and truth on what is taking place with CORA. And we also hope the people who worked for this company will finally get their paychecks that have been processed weeks ago, sent to them.

Please don’t mistake us for disgruntled employees… all of us enjoyed working for this company… we just want and need what it due to us according to what we have in our records and that is our checks. If Mr. Romano is actually the CEO of CORA – could someone associated with this event inquire about the status of the employees paychecks and why they are not being sent out? Thank you!

******

Now I don't know if this will help or hinder the situation at hand... but the people deserve the truth!

WhyDoYouLie? Sep 13, 2009

I also would like to inquire from the people speaking so highly of CORA (note there are only a few and they are in management) and so poorly on those of us with legitimate complaints: have you received your checks? have you been furloughed or are you actually getting to work? CORA created this mess, the employees did not. CORA could've been honest from the very beginning instead of making up lies to cover their butts. CORA could've kept their promise to train, mentor, and employ (either directly or indirectly) the employees they accepted money from federal sources. CORA could've spoke to their employees with respect; instead of verbally abusing and insulting them. One would ask why all the "pilot" programs that CORA has been associated with has been cancelled? One would ask why CORA would bad-mouth and insult it's employees instead of dealing respectfully with them? One would ask why CORA would expect it's employees to gleefully work without pay? Almost every webinar or GOTO meeting conducted involved IMS or other management members yelling, insulting, or degrading it's employees with managment singing IMS's praises. You can't demand respect in this situation from your employees when you have treated them so poorly and not paid them. You can't continue to use your ONE award as an example of your greatness. That was several years ag0. What have you done recently? Out of 400 + employees, who is still working and actually receiving a "good" check? Who has received the training and mentoring you promised? Sorry, your management staff doesn't count: Ims, Jeff, Joel, Cindy, Barb, Adriana, ect...
    If you want CORA to succeed, you must admit your wrongdoing! You must establish a plan that is positive, sustainable, concrete and not degrading to the very people you profess to help---the disabled! Your website needs to include legitmate testimonials, not ones from many years ago. You may need to start from scratch...slowly and build the trust back up. This will certainly NOT happen overnight. CORA's initial mission was spot on, but not initiated appropriately. People in management must take some diversity classes and anger management classes would probably help also.
    Note to individuals complaining that people aren't using their names: that is for obvious reasons...fear.
    Please remember it is only slanderous if it's untrue. Fortunately, we have truth on our side.

Cora Survivor Sep 13, 2009

A message from the CEO (*) and rebuttal from the Cora Survivors ( [])

*We're close... we're not there yet, and your CEO and management are ALL in the same financial crisis as everyone else.

[The Cora Survivors don’t care anymore if you’re or we or whoever is not there yet, it’s too late and time has run out for many people across this nation by not being able to afford food, having their utilities shut off, and being evicted from their homes! People have put their health and lives at risk by waiting for their paychecks that have been processed already to be signed by Ilene Morris-Sambur!]

* Certain employees have choosen to threaten me personally, threaten CORA and do whatever it takes for "vengence"? How do you think this makes me feel when I choose to help individuals with disabilities be trained to allow them to work from home?

[The Cora Survivors are not making any “threats” – they are only reporting the situation to the proper authorities and abiding by what is written in the state statutes to collect their paychecks. If Ilene Morris-Sambur chooses to take this as a personal “threat” – that is her own “personal” opinion! Reminder – Laws were broken when the checks were processed and never sent to the employees!!!]

* Some of the VR states compounded our cashflow problem, by breaking contractural obligation to not pay CORA for work performed in a contract. The withholding of THESE funds directly impacts when we can pay back pay.

[ If the CEO felt “contractual” obligations were broken by these states VR’s then the CEO should have taken the necessary steps at fighting this! BUT THE CEO DIDN’T!!! Alot of people were willing to stand up and be heard and stand by the CEO when all this went down, but the CEO never followed through on this!!! And witholding what funds?? Cora is no longer allowed to conduct business with VR's in several states!]

* Other employees choose to do whatever they could to take our focus off fixing the business and very much want CORA to fail.

[How can you expect a person to be there to help you and your company when they have their utilities shut off, can’t afford their medications, can’t afford to buy food (and it’s awful hard to think straight when your starving and losing weight), and end up being evicted from their homes?]

* CORA lost revenue producing clients because of the inconsistent work abilities of ex-employees and other reasons out of our control.

[Play the blame game again here! But Cora Survivors were never inconsistent in their work! They had specific challenges and much of that was training especially when it came to doing certain specific projects! Some projects had no training and you were thrown into a room and you were left to figure out what to do on your own! And some projects had training and constant supervision, but somehow during the course of the workday the database would change and you would have to figure out how to enter information on your own and then it would change again... no one could get comfortable with what they did because changes were always being made to the “system”! Not just once a week... or once a day... sometimes 3, 4, 5, 6 times maybe more in any given workday!]

* CORA currently has very satisfied clients after we tightened up our placement and supervision process.

[Currently??? The last Cora Survivors heard, the Cora intranet database was shut down because of “corrupt” files and the system was being “cleaned”, or even that the bill wasn’t paid! AND... this is the best part... EVERYONE was placed on FURLOUGH!!!]

*We have Fortune 50 companies that will soon join our other clients. We are collaborating with many businesses to help bring offshore outsourcing back home to special needs Americans. I am looking at all available options to get a loan to pay staff their wages as all of this cannot happen fast enough.

[Still working on getting that loan huh? How come it’s taking so long? Back on July 30 these words were written by the CEO ... “cora does not have a line of credit... so i'm researching other options such as company loan or even selling a very small part of the company” Cora Survivors wanna know – how come it’s taking sooooo looooonnnnggg to get that loan????]

*I am feeling very overwhelmed today and need your thoughts and support as to what we can do as a team working together to help resolve what is standing in the way of CORA's growth. Unfortunatley, it's mostly those that we have tried to help.

[Overwhelmed??? Go see your counselor and get some medication!!! Those that you have tried to help??? What is CORA’s definition of help? There has been no honest help from Cora... people are being evicted from their homes, etc, etc, etc... SEND THE SURVIVORS THEIR CHECKS!!!]

*Most of you that are here now, understand the importance I have always felt to include our staff in CORA's direction.
    There might be a simple solution "out there" that one of you or a group of you can bring to light.

[Here’s a quote for the company to think about... "Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler."]

*Thank you all again for the support you've given and faith in CORA.
    I will do whatever I can to not let any of you down.

[IT’S TOO LATE!!! HUNDREDS HAVE ALREADY BEEN LET DOWN AND LOST THE TRUST & FAITH IN CORA THEY ONCE HAD!!!]

*IMS

WhyDoYouLie? Sep 14, 2009

Wow! I totally agree Cora Survivor!

• Bo
    Boyer, Carrie Sep 14, 2009

Wow is right!!! I totally agree that too!

I stopped being scared the moment I dropped the complaint form in the mailbox for my past due wages! I realized that IMS can “threaten” and grovel about employees all she wants but she has to answer to a higher authority, not answer me, but to the state as to why my wages were not paid! And if she wants to consider that as a personal “threat” to her, so what! There was and is no fighting it from her end… the timecards were approved and the checks were processed… that’s a fact… no ifs, ands, or buts about it! The law is the law… period!

I was scared to about losing “my job” with Cora… but then I realized “what job” everyone is being put on furlough and people aren’t getting checks that are due to them!

Even if I chose to stick around and file a complaint, what would happen?… I would still be protected Whistleblower Laws… What is a whistleblower? A whistleblower is someone who reports to an employer, a regulatory body, or an oversight or review authority, the violation of a regulation, standard, or ethical obligation. And…Are there laws that protect whistleblowers who are retaliated against because they have reported wrongdoing? Yes. Federal and State laws exist that protect whistleblowers. In addition, some states have "common law" doctrines that protect even those workers who are employed "at will" from termination because they took affirmative action to report a violation of a law, regulation, standard or ethical obligation.

And if I stuck around, how much would it cost my health??? By that point my health was suffering terribly and I knew my answer and I could no longer put my own life at risk! I found that I could not sacrifice my life for someone half way across the country in front of my child!

And you are right again C.S.!!! How come it is taking so long to get a loan to help pay the back wages??? The problem started near the end of May and it’s now September. Does it really take that long to process a loan?

I also, can’t see how IMS tries to place blame now on how… “CORA lost revenue producing clients because of the inconsistent work abilities of ex-employees and other reasons out of our control”… I distinctly recall at the “shut down” of one project this summer the reason why there was so much money lost was because things got out of control and IMS admitted during a live webinar she let the project go on way too long when it was failing in the early stages! Why the turn around in blame? Why did the CEO let the problems go on for too long? Bizarre… just plain bizarre!

And good point about "Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler." Wasn’t that a quote by Albert Einstein? Wasn’t that in reference to Occam’s Razor? Interesting usage of the phrase here! When taken into consideration the common understanding of the principle is … "Of several acceptable explanations [for a phenomenon, example = no money for paychecks! ], the most accurate and well-ordered theory of explanation is preferable, provided that it does not contradict the observed facts." Contradict???

Hmmm… interesting…

WhyDoYouLie? Sep 14, 2009

This is in reference to worried1's comments stating employees are saying that CORA is involved in a Ponzi shceme. Noone that has posted here has said any such thing and I fear you many not understand what a Ponzi scheme is, so here is a definition from wikpedia.com...

A Ponzi scheme is a fraudulent investment operation that pays returns to separate investors from their own money or money paid by subsequent investors, rather than from any actual profit earned. The Ponzi scheme usually offers returns that other investments cannot guarantee in order to entice new investors, in the form of short-term returns that are either abnormally high or unusually consistent. The perpetuation of the returns that a Ponzi scheme advertises and pays requires an ever-increasing flow of money from investors in order to keep the scheme going.

The system is destined to collapse because the earnings, if any, are less than the payments. Usually, the scheme is interrupted by legal authorities before it collapses because a Ponzi scheme is suspected or because the promoter is selling unregistered securities. As more investors become involved, the likelihood of the scheme coming to the attention of authorities increases.

We current and former employees have legitmate, concrete, and proveable complaints. I am happy for you that you haven't heard the abuse in webinars, ect...(though I seriously doubt that...)and that you are being paid (if you really are), but there are 400 + people that have experienced what we have described here in our complaints. We too had faith in CORA and IMS in the beginning, but it didn't take us long to figure out something was seriously wrong with how the business was being managed. We hope bringing to light the destructive path CORA/IMS chose will bring about the necessary changes (like paying your employees), IMS and management getting anger management and diversity training, overhauling the training procedures to be positive and productive and informative...allowing employees to succeed instead of setting them up for failure by not following through with training, mentoring, and employment promises.

WhyDoYouLie? Sep 15, 2009

For those that don't know, my name is Candy M. and I am not ashamed to put my name here. I resigned my position with CORA for the following reasons taken directly off my resignation letter:

"I am writing this letter to inform you of my decision to resign my position with C.O.R.A.. and hence tendering my resignation.

After more than 6 months working with this company, things have not been up to my expectations and I feel it is time for me to look for other opportunities.

I believe that working in any organization involves a mutually beneficial relationship that requires the worker performing at his/her best and the company providing a happy and productive work environment for its employees. Unfortunately, that has not been the case with me. I have had issues with the inefficient, rushed, and disorganized training on a daily basis from the very beginning. I have noted my concerns in written form and through discussions with various members of management. Promises of degreed teachers and mentoring have not happened. Promises of 30-day, 60-day, 90-day reviews have never happened. Promises of permanent, part-time and full-time employment have not happened. Promises of 100's of jobs have not happened.

Employees were told not to contact their VR counselors with any company problems. My concern would be that if employees followed the rules and chain-of-command with their company concerns and nothing is satisfactorily resolved, they should have the option to speak to their VR counselors without any fear of reprimand or termination.

Payroll delays, payroll checks being returned for insufficient funds and management going back on their word in regards to reimbursing employees bank charges because of those delays are one of my many reasons for resigning.

I have performed my job exceptionally, given the chaotic and often little amount of training received. I have never been written up or in any way told I was not performing my job well. When I brought up the payroll issues and advised that I would be unable to work until I received all checks owed to me and that they have cleared the bank, suddenly my "work" quality came into play. If there were any concerns with my "work" quality, they should've been mentioned and addressed well before me bringing up the payroll issues.

I would like to stress that I did my best to familiarize myself with the work culture in the organization and make myself a good team player. In the end, I conclude that staying longer is not a win-win solution. Because of the issues mentioned above, I feel that I am in a hostile work environment and cannot continue to be a productive employee and am tendering my resignation effective June 23, 2009.

If some of the words here in any way have caused any inconvenience to you, I regret and apologize, but I tried to write with all honesty."

The complaints that have been posted here are valid and can be backed-up with documentation.

Stop playing the blame game IMS/CORA! Pay your employees and stop blaming them for CORA's problems. Accept responsibility and provide the training, mentoring, and job placement (whether directly or indirectly) you promised your employees and their VR/VA counselors.

I sincerely hope you turn this around and "listen" to the suggestions you've been given. CORA had a real opportunity to make a difference in our lives and we have been let down. Honesty and kindness would've gone a long way in this situation. May God bless all the past/current furloughed employees of CORA.

• Ta
    tammy wieting Sep 15, 2009

TO ADDRESS SOME OF THE COMMENTS MADE BY JEFF, I KNOW FOR A FACT THERE IS MORE THEN A FEW PEOPLE ON A FULOUGH AND ONE OF THE THEM WAS DONE WITH OUT ANY NOTICE TO ANY ONE UNTILL THE DAY BEFORE. SOME OF US X EMPLOYEES PUT ARE HEART AND SOUL IN TO THIS AND TO ONLY HAVE IT CRUSHED. YOU KNOW AS WELL AS I DO YOU CAN TRAIN PEOPLE ON ONE JOB OR PROJECT AND THEN TURN AROUND AND TRAIN THEM ON ANOTHER AND THINK THEY ARE GOING TO MAKE ANY KINDA OF QUOTAS WHEN THEY HAVE 50 STATES TO LOOK FOR WHAT EVER PROJEC THEY ARE DOING HAVE THEY HAVE LOOK AT THE STATE FOR MONTHS AND THINK THAT THEY ARE GOING TO GET ANY WHERE OR THE TIMES THAT THE PORJECT CHANGED 4 TIMES IN ONE WEEK . OR WHEN YOU GET TOLD ONE THING AND IT IS NEVER HAPPENS. HOW IS IT FAIR THAT WE DID WHAT WE WERE TOLD AND THEN FIND OUT IT WAS NOT GOOD ENOUGH OR TO FIND OUT THEY WANTED YOU GONE CAUSE YOU KNEW TO MUCH . OR TO GET TOLD YOU TO TAKE MORE MEDS CAUSE YOU NOT THINKING RIGHT . HOW IS IT FAIR TO THE VR OFFICE WHEN THEY ARE TOLD ONE THING TO ONLY FIND OUT IT IS UNTRUE TO I WAS TOLD MY LAP TOP WOULD WORK FOR CORA ONLY TO FIND OUT AFTER MY 90 DAYS THAT WE WERE HAVE TO HAVE 2ND LIFE AND YOU GUESSED IT MY LAP TOP COULD NOT BY UP GRADED AND I WITH MY OWN MONEY HAD TO GET A BRAND NEW DESK TOP THEN AFTER YOU BUT IT GET TOLD IN AN EMAIL THAT THERE IS NO WORK WE WILL SEND AND EMAIL I WAIT FOR THAT EMAIL FOR ONE HOLD MONTH NOT DOING ANY THING BUT WAITING . THEN TO FIND OUT THEY WANT ME BACK AS AN RA WHEN I HAD WORKED MY WAY UP TO 30 HOURS PLUS AND WAS A PROJECT MANGER AND DID A GREAT JOB AT IT BETTER THEN THEY THOUGHT I COULD DO LISTED BELOW IS MY REASON WHY I QIUT . I SO HAD MY HEART SET ON THIS THING TOO BUT WE ARE JUST NOT A FEW X-EMPLOYEE UPSET WITH CORA WE ARE MORE THEN I THINK YOU WILL KNOW AND ONE DAY JEFF YOUR DAY WILL COME WERE YOU ARE NOT THE POSTER BOY YOU WILL MISS UP AND YOU WILL BE FURLOUGH WITH OUT NOTICE TOO ... ONCE YOU START ASKIND THE WRONG ???'S YOU WILL BE NEXT.

THE LIST OF MY REASONS !!!
    YOU CANT PROMISE PEOPLE THE WORK AND THE MONEY THEN PULL THE RUG OUT FORM THEM

May 15, 2009
    Ilene Morris-Sambur
    CORA, LLC CEO
    541 Berkshire Valley Road
    Wharton, NJ 07885
    800.571.2397

Dear Ms. Morris-Sambur,
    I am writing this with a heavy heart. I came to work for CORA in August 2008. I was extremely excited about my job. I was told that after I proved myself that I would be making $9.00 – $13.00 an hour and up to 40 hours per week. I was to be working making cold calls, to the Chamber of Commerce in whichever state I was given. After making calls for two days, I was given the position of RA. Within one week I was made Team Leader. After one week of being a Team Leader I was asked if I had any QC experience. I stated; that I felt based on my previous work experience that I did have the qualifications. When I was put into the QC Department I was made Supervisor. I was given 30 hours a week and got a dollar an hour raise. Because QC was only open from 8:00 am – 1:00 pm, I was not getting my 30 hours a week. I was able to make up the hours in the Sales Department doing research on old leads that had come through before the QC Department was established. My job entailed making calls to see if the phone numbers were valid, verifying addresses and contact persons. During all of this time I never received any formal training that was discussed with me and my DVR. My job in QC lasted about four months and the QC Department was made null and void, as the company was changing direction.
    When the QC Department closed, I was made a Project Manager for the Remote Worker Program. I had to make calls to those that were on hold, due to needing equipment or IT access. The people that were able to either work on a computer, at a location other than their home or using an older computer, I would then send emails with the links needed to work. Once this was done my team would then train the people on their new position as an RA. I brought in so many people able to work that we were training on four different projects. In addition to the Remote Worker Program being put on hold, I was assisting in cleaning up the database when the furlough was put into place and my hours were cut. They went from 30 to 15 to 0. I was sent an email on March 31th stating “due to reconstruction (CORA and projects) there will be no work today. We will advise you later today/tonight for any new updates.” The email came in a half an hour before I was to begin my shift. To this day, the email has never come about returning to work.
    I have had several phone calls in the recent weeks asking if I was coming back to work. Each time I stated that I wanted to speak with Mary Jo or anyone in Upper Management in the HR Department, to find out why things have turned the way they have with no explanation. I did find out that my new position was to be a sales consultant. I went from being head of QC to a Project Manager to a caller, with no explanation, rhyme, or reason. On top of that no one from Upper Management will speak to me about this. Being out of work for a month and a half with no explanation has made feel as though the company does not really care about the disabled workers, as they claimed by CORA Management. No one ever bothered to call and find out if I was doing ok, let alone talk about coming to work.

Because of the lack of communication, financial distress, and emotional hardship this has put on me, I am tendering my resignation effective 29 May, 2009.

Sincerely,

Tammy Wieting
    Tammy Wieting

anothercorasurviovor Sep 15, 2009

As for who is another cora surviors is well it is me Tammy Wieting im not afarid to my name here

• De
    Declara Sep 15, 2009

... You guys know this is illegal, right? It is illegal to withhold payment that you have earned, even if you work on commission, even if CORA's employment strategy is unconventional. What CORA is doing is illegal.

Please find someone to talk to. There are many pro bono lawyers who will fight this case on the sheer basis that it is a massive violation of employment and discrimination laws, and many more who will suspend payment unless/until they win the case.

Another way you can win is by getting this into the news. It's juicy and any sane journalist would be salivating at the thought. Furthermore, it is even MORE illegal to be fired for being a whistleblower, and you can file for wrongful termination suits.

...

No offense, but are you people stupid? SUE THEIR PANTS OFF. You can sue the government too, y'know

Cora Survivor Sep 15, 2009

It is great to see people are coming forward and being brave and stepping up and fighting for their rights!!!

However, finding the right attorney to “sue the pants off of Cora” is not that easy, and it is a process too that can be very frustrating… but here are some quotes from a letter from one attorney just to show that survivors indeed are in the process of looking for help….
    … We think you have a great potential case and have been trying to see if we could find a sufficient basis to bring suit in California or where we might have local counsel who would help us litigate out of state. Unfortunately, we have not been able to do so and are thus unable to take your case.

From our decision, you should not conclude that you do not have a cause of action. We urge you to bring your case to other attorneys to see if you can find someone more local to represent you.

We encourage you to immediately consult with as many other lawyers as you wish without delay. CORA, LLC is based in New Jersey. Here is a link to the New Jersey Bar Lawyer Referral Services: http://www.njsba.com/lawyer_referral/. You can ask them for a New Jersey attorney who handles employment class actions. Here is a phone number to one of the NJ Bar referral services: [protected]…

----------------------------------------------------------

Now for some interesting information that was just sent to me very recently…

Apparently even though employees are located outside of New Jersey in other states we can still file separate wage claims with the New Jersey Department of Labor!!!

Since this employer, Cora, has the corporate headquarters at a New Jersey location the NJ Dept of Labor does have jurisdiction over this matter. So if Ilene Morris Sambur refuses to cooperate the Division or the NJ Dept of Labor can take further action.

Now, you can go the New Jersey Department of Labor’s website and view the facts and forms listed and more about the laws that protect employees, and about how to file a complaint. The link you want to go to obtain the complaint forms is at –

You should be able to copy and paste this link right into your URL tool bar and it should take you right there!

The following form is the one that needs to be filled out if you want to file a complaint –
    Wage Claim (MW-31A) - Use this form if you are an employee working in New Jersey or you are working for a New Jersey based company.

All this information can be submitted electronically and emailed to the following email at [email protected]us so there would be no postage costs! Which is fantastic since many of us are on such limited funds! Just don’t forget to in the end to do your signature electronically… it’s a little tricky and confusing… but take your time if it is your first time… it was for me and I was scared I was going to goof it up but I did it!

According to the NJ Dept of Labor website it states that ….

…Most complaints are resolved within four to six weeks however some investigations are resolved more quickly and others take several weeks. There is no way to determine in advance how long it will take to complete the investigation into your complaint…

However I had received some interesting news about this also!

Apparently, allegedly, whatever you want to call it…. Things will be taking place in New Jersey based upon the numbers of complaints the Dept. Of Labor there have received regarding Cora and the people will hopefully get their paychecks they have been waiting so for so long. I really hope the information I have received was not “hot air”, and that this agency will be helping and investigating this company and therefore protecting innocent citizens of this country from further harm!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

People are really begginning to wonder about Ilene Morris-Sambur and why she complains of “threats” to her and Cora... people really can’t understand why she has gone on for months and weeks and not reported these events to the proper authorities like the police department... instead there is all this reporting, blogging, and whining about it inside the Cora World!

A threat is described as follows… An expression of an intention to inflict pain, injury, evil, or punishment; An indication of impending danger or harm. One that is regarded as a possible danger; a menace.

… Ilene Morris-Sambur has repeatedly made statements about people making “threats” and here is a comment written by her recently…. "Certain employees have choosen to threaten me personally, threaten CORA and do whatever it takes for "vengence”.

Now… I know that if someone chooses to threaten ME I would IMMEDIATELY report it to the police department, and I wouldn’t waste any time dwelling on the matter! If the threat comes in email form they can take care of this, you just have to remember keep it saved… and all it would take for them is a little time investigating the incidents and tracing the address of where the email came from! It’s that simple! I’ve seen it done! Law enforcement agencies have an incredible amount of access to incredible technologies that will be able to trace where the threat came from! And this includes telephone calls! I had a friend that this happened to her where they threatened physical harm to her and her son… with in a week the police department had the information to who made the phone call, and charges were pressed!

I just really can not understand how Ilene Morris-Sambur chooses to be plagued by “threats” for so long… when she could have done something about this a long time ago! I know I’m not the only one that this doesn’t make sense too… but here are a couple of thoughts…

1) There are no real “threats” of physical violence… what Ilene Morris-Sambur might count as a threat may be in the form of “I want my paycheck, ” “I will report you if I don’t get my money, ” “I know about the Federal Lawsuit against Cora”, and so on and so forth. While IMS takes this as a threat to her, there are no real physical threats to her and Cora… but we all know that IMS has a habit of making things sound more aggressive than what they really are without being specific about it.

2) Maybe someone is threatening physical violence to her and Cora, but, as everyone knows Ilene Morris Sambur is also doing some illegal and corrupt things herself and if she did call the police she may just draw some unwanted attention to herself and maybe this is why she hasn’t turned anyone in yet. Maybe she doesn’t want anyone to find out about the “Uzzi” she has in her office! Time and time again I have seen her use the comment about wanting to take an “Uzzi” to all the people that were making bad things happen to Cora. Now if that’s not a violent type of “threat” then what is it?

Of course all of this is just speculation, but it leads me and many other survivors to wonder … why is Ilene Morris-Sambur if she has such a strong back round in being a “senior turnaround consultant” and being a CEO and owner of a company – is she not being responsible about her actions and being accountable for the things that have gone wrong? People are mad, tired, fustrated, they want their money, and it's wrong to make someone beg for their check when they have earned it!

I have to speak up and compliment everyone here that have written a complaint on this board – all of you do not appear to be incompetent, and it’s sickening to see Ilene Morris-Sambur has taken to degrading people in such a fashion… all of you have excellent writing skills and all of you have communicated your experiences about your dissatisfaction with this company very clearly… and people out there really are paying attention!!!

SO LETS KEEP TALKING AND WRITING!!!