Xango / Scam and cheating

1 MI, United States Review updated:

Here is a big scam hitting the area. A juice called XanGo Juice. These sellers sell this grape juice and say it will help you loose weight and heal everything form caner to hair loss. What a scam product and company. They get young kids to market this crap and then they get paid. They even tried to get me to sell this stuff but after a hight priced bottle of this grape juice I knew it was a scam.

Comments

• Bi
      25th of Jul, 2008

Thank you I thought I was alone. Everytime you looked on the internet for something about Xango you went right to the pages on how to sell. As luck would have it the guy that signed me up came in to my office today. I told him about cancelling Xango. "Oh you should have just called me to cancel it". I told him it would have been nice to know that before. They should let you know when you sign up. Thanks for letting me vent.

• Ca
      3rd of Jan, 2009

My mother-in-law got caught up in Xango and the promises they made. She was convinced her cancer would be cured through drinking enough Xango juice. She passed away on Sept. 9th, 2008. My father-in-law is now paying off $1200 of Xango juice on his credit card and a funeral.
    I thought it was illegal for a company to make claims that their product can "cure" cancer, but Xango representatives do so regularly in promo and recruitment meetings.

• Do
      26th of Jan, 2009

I just want to say that I am sorry for the bad experiences that some people might have experienced with XanGo. I tried it because a friend knew I was constantly in a lot of pain and she thought if it could help me it would be worth the cost. IT DID! Recently I thought I would quit drinking the juice to help us financially. I now regret that decision. I ended up in so much pain, it hurt to walk. XanGo has literally given me my life back. I am still limited in what I can do, but at least I am not in bed 5 days a week any more. I did not get into the business to sell, but I did want to tell everyone I knew about it because if it could do that for me, it may be able to help them too. NO, people should not make ANY promises because the juice works different for anyone. A few people tried it just like I told them too, and unfortunately it did not do anything for them, BUT it has given some people I know a much better life than they had before the juice. I do want to let people know, if you think it will be easy to get people you know to try it...THAT IS NOT TRUE. If you are going to try it to make money, do not expect it to go good. If you are not patient and feel you have people who are interested and willing to work with you to build the business...DON'T GO THERE! I have found that you need help from the people above you and below you and everyone must be willing to work together to make it a go. If you have health issues or just want to feel the best you can feel, I would encourage you to give the juice a try. If you have any health issues you need to stay on the juice for at least three months so your body can get saturated to see any benefits. After three months if you don't feel it is doing anything for you, quick taking it and then you may notice things that were better or not. If you have any questions that I could answer for you, contact me at jrkorpi4@msn.com I would be happy to fill you in.

6th of Apr, 2010
    Best Best Advice +4 Votes

WOW. What a crowd we have here. First the original comment was totally off the mark. Someone who is making a claim and has no idea what they are talking about. They formed an opinion without ever actually coming into contact with the product. What incredible ignorance. Which explains only 3 negative posts in 2 years.
    So on this pathetic thread we have 3 negative posts an 2 positive posts, that is if you count the Xango knock-off salesman from PFT.
    If you have come to this thread seeking information about the mangosteen, go to pubmed.gov and do your own research from unbiased medical studies. Don't take anyone's mere opinion. Educate yourself.

The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is.
    Winston Churchill

• 58
      29th of Jul, 2010

I disagree with the original comment too. For one, the product called Xango juice helped me in three immediate ways: I don 't have restless legs at night, I sleep like a baby now, and I am absent any menstrual cramping. As Dottie posted earlier, the juice helps people in various ways - or not. We are not all identical so the benefits will not be the same.

Bill also posted wise comments regarding the uninformed slammers of this product. Information is valuable when it is gathered - not pulled out to the air Janet.

• Te
      4th of Jan, 2011

If this is all you can come up with as concrete proof that the company is a scam, then it must be a really good company and product.

5th of Apr, 2017

@texastailspin This way of selling a product is ALWAYS A SCAM...More than 3 negative posts. Keep reading.

9th of Apr, 2011

My mother was married to the top Xango salesman, Sherman Unkefer for 25 years. He went to jail for artificial schemes in 1989."google sherman unkefer prison"
    Me poor old mum drank about 4 bottles of xango a week. She got cancer in July of 08 and died 2 months later. Behind the scenes everyone in Xango will tell you it cures everything.
    Since then I have been investigating Xango, its claims, it's spokesman, It's doctors and the juice itself. They are all liars and con men who are making a killing off of $ 38.00 fruit juice with less benefits than most juice's grown here in the U.S.
    Please! stay away from these liars.
    If anyone wants to verify my story, please feel free to e mail me at harleytcb@yahoo.com

11th of Apr, 2011

If Sharon Unkefer was indeed your Mother, you left out a few facts. Mr Unkefer was convicted and served his time, water under the bridge as they say. Also she would have been married to him during this ordeal. And the most interesting fact is, it was your mother who was the one who joined Xango in the first place, Not Mr Unkefer. Your entire post is hyperbole and opinion and nothing more. There is much science behind the mangosteen fruit that proves those opinions to be false. Anyone watching the Doctors show tomorrow will see there opinion on Xango on 4/11/11. Check your local listings and do your own due diligence and investigate the truth, not just someone lying about who he is.

12th of Apr, 2011

Bill, here are a few more facts.
    Sherman cannot have any thing in his name because he does not want to pay $7.5 million in restitution to the victims of his fraud conviction.
    He did everything through my mom. I.e(pre paid legal, Matol, Nu Skin)
    If you or a relative or friend lost money with Shermans company, North American Coin and Currency, you may not think it is water under the bridge.
    I know we all make mistakes, but why travel the world bragging about how much money you make and at the same time fight a restitution order to pay back the ones you robbed. That should tell you somthing about the greed and character of Mr Unkefer.
    Here are some more facts Bill, the great paid expert on Xango Dr Templeman and father in law of Xango's founders brother David Morton came out to Scottsdale Az in July of 2008 to take my mother to an alternative cancer clinic called Envita.
    Bill, this clinic treated my mother like crap, gave her bottles of vitamin C to take and sadly by the time she realized what a mistake it was to listen to Templeman and that xango really did nothing she was beyond help.
    My mother soon went down hill fast, and not one of the great founders of Xango came to the hospital to visit her.
    You probably want me to be lieing about who I am because this true story does not fit your image of Xango and Sherman Unkefer, Who I realized what a low down snake that guy really was after my mom died.
    Documents were signed by my mother on her death bed and Laundy Unkefer was listed as being the benificiary of LLc'S and other companies in Nevada.
    Laundy Unkefer is listed as Daughter in law on my mothers trust. Yes, she was married to Shermans son, Sherman the 4th.
    Now Sherman and Laundy are ionvolved in a sexual relationship in wich, cause my brothers and I to be suspiciuos of the documents my mother signed with a signature that resembled a chids, since she was so sick and medicated.
    Bill, my mission is to expose these Lies and con artists who prey on people who want to be rich and swallow fruit juice and think it's going to do all sorts of magical things for thier body.I left you my E-mail so and anyone can verify my story, so don't you think you should do this before you call me a liar?
    I did see the clip about Xango on "The Doctors show", It was a funny piece about Charlie Sheen and did not mention a thing about the science behind Mangosteen. Because there have not been any real scientific studies done on Xango that can be taken seriously in the medical or scientific community.
    There needs to be 100s of people studied not just 40, that were done by Dr J Udani from Medicus(Xango's sponsered study)
    Dr Udanis study showed that 180z of Xango a day did have an anti imflammitory effect, but that would cost around $600.00 a month. you could get the same results by taking an asprin each day.
    If you look at Xango's chart and Dr Udani's chart on the amount of Xango used each day, you will see that Xango manipulated the numbers to fit its own. More lies.
    The Mayo clinic also says there needs to human studies on Mangosteen.ot just test tube or animal studies.
    I have no doubt that Xango can pay for a huge study of thousands of people at a reputible research clinic. but I doubt that the end results woul be earth shattering news, and only lack luster conclusions that would show cheaper and better natural cures.
    Save the hate mail Bill, I'm just trying to get a little justice for my mom.
    All the best.
    Harley.

16th of Apr, 2011

Xango's doctors not that credible.
    If you google Dr Shawn Talbott and the Federal Trade Commision or FTC, you find that Dr Talbott got in a lot of trouble and had to pay thousands of dollars in fines for making false claims about Cortysol.
    Dr Talbott works for Xango .
    Dr J Fredric templeman has a daughter named Celine, who happens to be married to David Morton, brother of Joe and Gordon morton, founders of Xango.
    Dr templeman works for Xango and so does David Morton.
    Dr Templeman and Dr morton have both authored books on the healing powers of Mangostine and Xanthones.
    Can you trust paid experts to tell you the truth?
    Are they experts?

• Mi
      21st of Apr, 2011

Wow, Harley, you sound really angry, you should try Xango's Eleviv for the tired, stressed and depressed! Xango juice has rid our family of the pain of fibremyalgia, athsma, digestive disorders, PMS and my children and I no longer get sick due to boosted immunties! We Love the product and there is a lot of third party information that is far more credible than your opinion. People should get the facts and make thier own decisions. As for you, you need to let your angry go and move on with your life so that you can find peace, because right now you are just encouraging disease to grow in you.

21st of Apr, 2011

Angry? me, I love a good joke and a laugh. You Xombies are the ones angry at me, speading the truth about your magical snake oil.
    All you Xombies seem to be suffering from a form of the Stockholm Syndrome, you know? thats when the captors start to bond with the kidnappers?
    You suckers buy this juice or sign up to have it shipped to you for hundreds of dollars a month, then just so you don't feel stupid you have to make believe it cures everything, and start worshiping failed caberet singer Aaron garrity and the Mortons, oh and don't forget my favorite Dr Freddy Quackerman.
    But milli, you know whats not funny? It's watching your mom suffer and die from cancer that she thought Xango would prevent.
    I agree with you that people should get the facts, then I know they would run from Xango.
    There's nothing in life that gives me more peace than, exposing con artists and greedy sales people that will say anything to sell a bottle of fruit juice to sick and ailing people. Nothing new with Xango just the age old traveling medicine show.
    And i have a feeling you will be seeing Xango real soon on a network news program exposing ALL THE FACTS. Don't mean to scare you, but thats what these investigative shows do.
    And then you might have to take a whole bottle of Dr Talbott's mood altering vitamins so you can have peace Milli Vanilli.
    Oh, did you google Dr Shawn Talbott and the Federal Trade Commision. Poor guy lost a lot of money, a vacation rental, and other property for telling lies about supplements. Hmmm sure glad Xango hired him, he's just the type a guy Xango needs over there to boost the sagging sales.
    You know that when these MLM companies start loosing money they start to get desperate and concoct more crazy revolutionary wonder vitamins, and face creams and energy bars and so on. Times are tough and people are starting to do thier homework when thier asked to sell thier buddie's $39.00 fruit juice.
    All the best, I hope no one in your family gets cancer, and if they do, PLEASE don't call Dr Templeman.
    HD

• Mi
      21st of Apr, 2011

Wow! You are one angry person. Wishing Cancer on someones family. Anyone with brains who
    read your comments will know you are simply a lunatic. God Bless

22nd of Apr, 2011

Wow! Milli, can you read? I never wished cancer on any one.
    I hear xango cures eyesight, You should drink some more.
    And what are you doing on the complaints board? starting to feel like you've been brain washed into believing Xango's hype?
    Come on Milli jump ship, you can do it, cancel those monthly orders of Xango and put that money in the bank.
    You know that the juice is a big scam, Come on Milli.
    Here is your homework for tonight, I want you to find me a credible study that has been done on humans, not rats or test tubes, that gives proof, that mangosteen does what you say it does.
    If you can show me, then I will quit being a lunatic.
    Thanks Milli,
    HD

• Di
      13th of May, 2017

@harleyda I have not been in a clinical trial, but I do have a post on here. I have a sarcoma, incurable, cancer and have been drinking Xango for almost a year. Started it when chemo failed. In that year I have gone from someone in a wheelchair not able to do anything to being able to walk a half mile and doing household chores again. I still have my cancer but I also have a good quality of life. The Xango is the only treatment I am doing. I was told my Mayo clinic there was nothing more they could do for me

27th of Apr, 2011

Hey Milli, still waiting for your homework to be turned in, I would like to see the results of the human clinical trials of hundereds of people that benefit from Xango and the unknown amout of Mangosteen in each bottle. I hear crickets .

• Na
      28th of May, 2011

I am too waiting on someone to post proof. I have a bottle next to me and I am contemplating whether to drink it or not. My uncle gave it to me and told me to try. I will not even break the seal if I am hearing that cancer patients are being lied to with false hope. I will wait until this so called "third party information" arrives to this thread

5th of Apr, 2017

@namyap I would pass ...the people sound like Jim Jones followers. Nutty. When people sell this way it's almost always a scam.

• Di
      13th of May, 2017

@namyap If the bottle was given to you, it does not hurt to try it. No, it does not work for everyone. No product on the market ever does. I have posted what it did for me. I was at a place in my life where chemo had failed to treat the caner I have. I still have cancer but I am having a good quality of life and I am happy with that. I was down so far I had nothing to lose by trying it.

28th of May, 2011

Namyap, better get some tequila and make some margaritas.
    Since there were always 20 cases of xango laying around in my moms store room, I decided to see if it would make a good margarita, since I ran out of traditional margarita mix.
    And it realy does make a good one.
    The only side effect was that I turned into Charlie Sheen.
    Don't wait too long, you may wind up in the morgue and the person that told you xango cures cancer will not be at your wake.
    Via con dios.
    Harley D

• St
      8th of Jun, 2011

It is what it is. XanGo has had a huge impact on my family. All around the same time my mother beat a desmond tumor, my mother-in-law fought off a krukenberg tumor, both of my siblings no longer get shots for their allergies, and I have never felt better in my life. Call it a coincidence because in all instances we all were drinking the juice, taking eleviv, popping the 3sixty5 vitamins, and living the dream. Honestly who cares about the product... you can sell anything in this country. XanGos business plan is where all the money is anyway. You can't make a living selling $40 bottles of juice. It's about buidling a network and using XanGo as the resource to do all of the stuff I don't want to do like all of the G&A. Harley, I feel bad for you, and you sound passionate about your cause. I've met Sherman on many times, and he always seems to shut down when he talks about his deceased wife; you can tell that he loved her dearly. Maybe the juice didn't help her, but it wasn't without lack of effort. The XanGo community thought it mights, hence the ridiculous amount of juice she consumed prior to her passing. If it was such a scam, why would they have gone through all of that effort? To save face? Good luck on your journey to bring down the giant. Your mission will not be successful based on opinion. Get your proof. You will have hurdles and obstacles to navigate around; people like me who are believers, who may not make a killing at being a distributor, but have seen coincidental evidence (look that up for your case) and others testimonials ring close to home.
    With others that I have ran into who are XanGo haters, the majority of them are quiters. They saw $$$ but didn't want to put in the effort. Don't hate XanGo because you don't have the testicular fortitude to go on. 3 feet from GOLD... do you know the story?
    And one last comment on why I am on a review board that discusses XanGo: simply so when a prospect asks me about it, I trully laugh at what they say they read, only because I had already read it. Maybe someday a prospect will bring up "Harley, the Shermanators wife's son"... I can then too say there is no research behind who he really was, possibly just another person who had the dream, but his struggle was too much for him to achieve victory. Be well Harley... Believe- Drink- Live
    I will not fail those who have inspired me; I will duplicate the inspiration in those whom I lead

5th of Apr, 2017

@StotheW You sound like a typical scammer...Jim Jones variety.

9th of Jun, 2011

Stothew, thank you for your inspiring response. You are right! the money and dream that I so wanted was never achieved in Xango. so all day long I sit in my room and tell everyone that my mother was Sharon Unkefer and lie about the phoney cure all juice.
    one day I hope to find purpose in my life and abandon my mission to warn those who are conned and duped into believing $38.oo fruit juice will make them rich and healthy.
    The Sherminator is such a wonderful man, I know that when judge Yberra sentenced him to 10 years in prison for fraudulent schemes that she was too bitter and hateful. I think that if eleviv was around back then (google dr Shawn talbott FTC) and she was taking it, he may have only gotten 2 years for stealing over $18 million dollars for running another pyramid ponsie scheme.
    I'm realy glad that you "truly laugh" as you say, but I doubt it, you sound like a person who just got into Xango and multi level marketing and is probably paying more to the company than you are taking in.
    Stothew, I know you have to pump yourself up everyday and really, really have to make yourself believe that some kooky juice cures all sorts of things.
    I have heard it all before in the hate mail I get from you Xombies, and this is why I only get a few fools like you who want to take me on and debate me.
    1- First I hear about the miracle's that Xango has done
    2- they tell me how sorry they about my mom and feel sorry for me
    3-they talk about what a great man sherman unkefer is
    4-then it is all about the money,
    ya i'm upset that xango didn'y make me rich!
    Or your dream is blah blah blah
    and more sappy cheey salesman, dream, financial independance crap.
    5- then they send me something out of scripture that will make me stop and examine what I am doing and get down on my knees and ask god forgiveness for exposing a bunch of liars, con men and phoney doctors.
    Stothew, you are a broken record, I feel sorry for you !that you are involved in this sham and cult and have probably alienated your friends and family. Why not come clean and join me in warning gulible people about these creeps.
    Thank you, Harley. harleytcb@yahoo.com

9th of Jun, 2011

Hey! it's me again, Harley the purple juice scam fighter.
    Stothew, just to let you know from an inside source, that Xango's numbers are dropping dramaticly.
    Might be the economy or Sherman Unkefers affair with one of his ?? or criminal background(google sherman unkefer prison) or that the magicle juice craze is fading out. Or the crazy price they want for mood vitamins. LOL.
    Xango does not report its earnings and relies mainly on hype to keep the whole scam afloat, nor does it list the amount of mangosteen in each bottle.
    Please Stothew, I beg you to listen and quit this evil company, I'm sorry I called you a fool, But I think in your heart that you know that you are decieving yourself. I wish you were there when my mom said that she "trusted the wrong people" when she was close to deaths door. And those wrong people were Templeman, and and the crappy clinic she went to and Xango.
    Go with your heart and not wallet.