Www.swipebids.com

Posted:

Didnt agree that they charge me

4.35
WWW.SWIPEBIDS.COM
Linden, New Jersey
Phone: 516-782-0542
They billed me $150 when i was only reviewing site.They allowed my 8 yr old 2 go on this site n do things. I informed them n they would not reverse charges!I dont have this kind of money to lose.I had $40 left after that and no money for my electric bill.I expressed this 2 them several times that what they were doing is illegal!They didnt take these thigs into consideration!I feel so helpless!I am being charged $150 and dont recieve anything but an option to bid on things i will never order!!!Please help!
Complaint comments Comments (109) Complaint country United States Complaint category Online Scams

Comments

N  30th of Mar, 2010 by    +4 Votes
I have been duped in just a few seconds by the time i realized what, s going on they have already take your money and even as you attempt right away to cancel, you can, t. This blatant and downright scam. These people should have some kind of class action suit and also have the better business look into it. I will take this into consideration.
A  1st of Apr, 2010 by    +4 Votes
it is a total scam. Do not go close to this site. I Lost 150 $
N  17th of Apr, 2010 by    +4 Votes
DO NOT USE THIS SITE, SWIPEBIDS.COM, they are a scam penny auction site. They use bots to bid against you to push up the price and to use up your bids that you have to pay for. You can not win the high priced items and if you do they tell you there was a tech problem and your win is invalid put will offer you free bids in compensation for the inconvenience. The only items you can win retail for $10 to $25 and they charge $4.95 to $9.50 for shipping. They have a winners page listing recent winners with the persons users name, city and state, and a shipping tracking number of the item won. I check on all the tracking numbers and they are all bogus. The numbers are ether invalid numbers or the numbers are for things ship to a different city and state then the so called winner. One example was a winner of a macbook laptop and the tracking number showed the item shipped to a different city and state and the items wieght was 80 pounds. Do not use this site it is a scam. There are hundreds of complaints about this site on Penny Auction Watch .com and other web sites
A  18th of Apr, 2010 by    +4 Votes
Absolutely right. They use bots!!! Everytime a different id for the bot...i was scammed by PAULHOLLAND who would appear everytime the autobid option of any bidder runs out and bid exactly at that point and everytime there are less than 1 or 2 bidders no matter what time of the day or night it is!!!
SO stay outta of this site!!
N  1st of May, 2010 by    +2 Votes
I too was stupid enough to fall for the $150 screwing. I did post a complaint with the New Jesrey BBB. I don't know if it will do any good or not. This is something you would see on 20/20 with a hidden camera.
A  7th of May, 2010 by    +3 Votes
Swipebids is yet another Jesse Willms scam (Just Think Media). He is already being sued by Oprah and Dr Oz for Acai scams and has been investigated by 20/20.

See: http://www.pennyauctionwatch.com/2010/05/swipebids-jesse-willms/

File a complaint with the FTC: www.FTC.gov
N  20th of May, 2010 by    +3 Votes
You are [censor]! I had to cancel my credit card in order that you do not use it again. I did not agree to pay $150 in order to be able to bid on this web site. I am a senior on widow's pension and can not afford to lose this kind of money. Where is your conscience?
A  26th of May, 2010 by    +4 Votes
Swipebids a scam? Sure is, not just any old scam but another Jesse Willms Just Think Media SCAM!

Jesse Willms the name and he back in the scamming game! True that.

For real. Review these investigations of swipebids.com scam

Swipe Bids complaints:

Where to file complaints:

FTC: https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/
A  1st of Jun, 2010 by     Best Advice +4 Votes
Here is company promoting Swipebids scam:

Eagle Web Assets / EWA Network

MSN: xCellEagle@hotmail.com
Owner Ryan Eagle on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/tacox

Proofs: http://twitter.com/ewanetwork/status/15195806897
A  5th of Jun, 2010 by    +2 Votes
This site is such a scam, I came across them web browsing next thing you know I am chatting live with a customer rep trying to get my money back and of course no luck. They are very deceitful and do not seem to offer any type of compassion for taking poor folks money. This can't be allowed.
N  6th of Jun, 2010 by    +3 Votes
YES, I WAS SCAMMED JUST YESTERDAY…
I was looking “shopping, not buying” around the web for a nice SLR camera like the Canon EOS Rebel… Then I encounter SwipeBids.com advertising, and sure enough I went to look around. I was so rushed into joining that I never notice the slick registration process would pull $150.00 bucks out of my bank account sending me into an overdraft situation and a charge of $22.00 from my bank. Remember this? “Due to high demand, we are only accepting a limited number of new customers today. To ensure your spot, please sign-up in the next 3 minutes.” So now I am in with 300 bids at 0.50 cents each Ok? At this point I’m unaware of anything going wrong, wow! Look at all the action, lots of BID-Pack amounts to bid on, and Wal-Mart gift cards, but I’m looking for a Canon Camera… There is one, it say $229.38 and blinking 12 seconds to go, hit the BID Button now! Ok here I go Click! Umm… my name with a happy face, how cute, I’m winning… no I’m not. This went on for a while at 5 Bids per click, after a while the camera has gone up to $242.58 that’s a ton of pennies 24, 258 X 5 Bids per penny-click equals 121, 290 Bids X .50 cents per Bid that’s a whooping $60, 645.00 or so for Swipebids.com. I started to see a pattern of people with diamonds and gold crowns instead of happy faces bidding against me, they were probably bots. Hey! Interested in a HP Laptop? Just across was one going for $378.96 at 10 Bids per penny-click and many happy faces trying to get it. Well, not to be funny because this is not funny… This is definitely a very serious matter that should be dealt with all of the extent of the Law… I am 67 years old and on a retirement S.S. budget. Am I hurt, oh yeah! Would I try to get a refund? They already sent me to their friendly 30 day money back guarantee web page in which I must participate in their auctions for the next 30 days. Download the Refund Request Form. Must use all credited bids available in my account including daily bids (60 free bids credited daily upon login). If I do not win an auction within 30 days of original sign up with Swipebids.com, contact them via live chat at the end of the 30 days for a refund. Once they review my account and confirm I qualify for their 30 Day Money Back Guarantee, they will process a refund for the initial Bid-Pack purchase amount back onto the credit card originally used at time of signup. For Sure!!!

(((Our goal is to help people have fun while getting great values on popular consumer products. We are a dedicated and ethical company that thinks fun and profit should go together to create savings.)))

Oh! Such an aspiration coming from a dedicated bunch of scam artists.
I’m sick over this, my very first experience with scam artists, and my health is worth much more than the money I lost. I just hope that someone somewhere finds where they are at, gets a gigantic class action lawsuit “after they pay everyone” that shuts them down for good. “Of course in a jail cell.”

My Name: Rod Consuegra
A  9th of Jun, 2010 by    +2 Votes
Add me to the list of those persons casually shopping for an item on-line, landing on the Swipebids.com website (supposedly offering the GPS unit I want), filling out the Swipebids registration form in order to bid, providing credit card information without a clear statement that the credit card info was being provided in order to purchase the $150 “membership” and with no invoice to confirm I wanted to make the purchase prior to my credit card being charged $150.

I’ve been around and around with the Swipebids live chat help. All they will do is continue to point to the “clear” information about the $150 membership, and then provide a link to their burdensome and time consuming refund procedures. I don’t have the time nor the interest to stay active on Swipebids for 30 days, bidding on items I don’t want just to use up the continuous stockpile of bids that are accrued with each sign in to the site.

I have sent a complaint to the Florida Department of Consumer Affairs in regard to the nefarious and possibly illegal business practices of Swipebids.com Florida laws allow a consumer to cancel any “home solicitation” contract within 3 days of accepting the contract. It is my contention that Internet purchases qualify as a “home solicitation” because the sales representative (the registration page) comes into my home via my computer monitor, the sales representative makes an offer, and the contract is made on my home computer. It may be an interesting debate for attorneys and the courts to decide whether my interpretation of “home solicitation” applies to Internet purchases and that consumers are entitled to a refund when the contract is canceled within 3 days.

I urge all Florida residents that have been scammed by Swipebids to also complain to our Department of Consumer Affairs. I would also urge you to base your complaint upon a violation of the Florida “home solicitation” consumer protection laws in that Swipebids will not provide a prompt refund for the $150 “membership” fee.

In regard to the business address for Swipebids.com, I happened to notice in an introductory email after registration that an address for the company is provided at the bottom of the email:
906 W 400 S
OREM UT 84058-5347
I confirmed the address seems to be valid (as written above) through the USPS Zip+4 look up page.

In a live chat this morning with a Swipe.com representative, I was provided the following phone number for the company: 866-389-3870 I have confirmed that number is the Swipes.com customer service phone number by calling the number.

Florida residents will need the address and phone number when filling out the online complaint form for the Department of Consumer Affairs:
A  9th of Jun, 2010 by    +2 Votes
This is the true business address of Swipebids scam:

Swipebids.com
(Just Think Media / Terra Marketing Group)
85 Cranford Way
Suite 204
Sherwood Park
T8H 0H9
AB/Edmonton
CANADA

You can see here the proofs that Swipebids scam is run by Jesse Willms Just Think Media in Sherwood Park Edmonton Alberta Canada:

www.pennyauctionwatch.com/2010/05/swipebids-jesse-willms/

You can file also a complaint with the FTC:

Good luck to all!

Canada
Email: asleung1225@gmail.com
Telephone: 604 780 0339

A  13th of Jun, 2010 by    +2 Votes
Yet another scammer promoting the Swipebid scam:

webmaster@probadomedia.com
1525 McCarthy Blvd, #204
Milpitas, CA 95035
USA
Telephone: 650-641-1734

Owner of Swipebids fake news site:

breakingnews5.com
ninthtrack.com
pdf-instant.com
probadomedia.com
A  16th of Jun, 2010 by    +1 Votes
SwipeBids.com is a scam!!

Its proven.

I created a false/fake account to test their systems and whatnot.

And if you decide NOT to pay the $150 and just have a membership with 0 bids, they will keep on sending you e-mails with their “promotions” showing/displaying products with 0 bids and starting at 0.00.

Since last week i have already received 3 spams for them to ask me to sign-up, which means pay the $150.

I have already filed a fraud complaint with my bank, and they had to block my current card and generate a new one for me.

Unfortunately that’s all we all can do, somehow SwipeBids are located out of US, they are located in UK, however somehow it links to Jesse Willms’ Just Think Media in Alberta- Sherwood Park, Canada.

A  17th of Jun, 2010 by    +2 Votes

Email: deborah@australianwomenonline.com

Proof: http://twitter.com/AusWomenOnline/status/16384461041
A  17th of Jun, 2010 by    +1 Votes
Yet another site promoting SwipeBids.com:
He talks greatly of this site, however it seems more like a copy/paste from their ads then his own comments.

J Davies
515 5th Ave.
New York, New York.
Tel: 212-434-4367
Website: http://vosmd.com/click/?s=129704&c=259777

Proof: http://www.prlog.org/10700106-penny-auctions-penny-auctions.html
N  20th of Jun, 2010 by    0 Votes
Why in the world would any of you people give your credit card information to "anyone" without finding out if it's going to be charged????
I too was looking for an item on the net and landed on Swipebid, I read everything on the page...it totally states there is no refund...so that must mean they were going to charge my credit card if I gave it to them... But before I would ever sign up for anything that required payment from me, I look elsewhere for complaints and explanation of the site. That is how I came across this site. Luckily I will not humor their site and be another victim thanks to you, but seriously, DONT GIVE YOUR CREDIT CARD OR BANK INFO IF YOU DON'T WANT TO LOSE YOUR MONEY!!!
A  21st of Jun, 2010 by    +1 Votes
I was duped within 10 seconds! I am fairly "tech" savvy and spend a great deal of time on the web. Swipebids.com is SLICK! Really SLICK! I am glad idvanepps read the entire page (as I should have) but the sign up process is so well designed I am certain more have stumbled than avoided. The moment I realized what was happening I immediatly contacted the "chat help". I realized in about 2 minutes that bird wasn't gonna' fly. Immediatly called my bank and disputed the charge. They cancled my card and within 7 days I had my $ BACK. My recomendation: 1. Skip swipebids.com, 2. If you are caught immediatly (and I mean immediatly) call your bank and dispute the charge/cancel your card. 3. Do not interact with ANYONE at swipbids.com and do not log back into their sight. You can also unsubscribe from their SPAM. This happened to me about four weeks ago and at this point all has been remedied.

Good luck!