Web-Detective.com / cancelling subscription

United States Review updated:
2.4
I signed up and paid 2.95 for a three day trial. Can't seem to find how to cancel this plan. If they attempt to charge me for a full month. legal will get the case.

Comments

Li
  9th of Sep, 2008
I used the 'free search' and paid a fee for the 3 day trial which i cancelled in 1 day. I did not authorize a charge of over 38.00 from my account.
Sp
  18th of Oct, 2008
While I know how you feel about not being able to find a cancel option within a site. However, I was able to find one as soon as I pulled up their website and read through their terms. While it probably a little bit too late, as it is past your 2 days. But here is the cancel option: http://www.web-detective.com/cancel.aspx

When you want to look at canceling sites during a trial. You really need to look everywhere and I mean everywhere. They do tend to hide them at times. Usually their found within the terms page.

And on the legal note. You really can't do anything there. While you say that you didn't authorize the charge, you did. When you signed up for the site, you are entering an agreement with them, unless YOU cancel.
Ta
  4th of Nov, 2008
I to fell into the "Web" of web detectives,
Before I joined I tryed there "search" and screen said"Positive Match" so like anyone I paid, Bad idea, After paying did the search again, No Match is what I recieve'd, I called Customer Service and they told me we cant be absolute, ok fine but dont put a positve match if there isnt one, So I canceled on the spot, Thanks for letting me vent, Tammy
Ro
  3rd of Dec, 2008
I know someone that sign up on here, and they didnt find who the were looking for.However they still got charged that monthly fee even though they cancelled!!!
Watch and pay attention to what you are looking at on the world wide web, you will be SCAMED and SUCKERED into something you dont want or need!!!
Tl
  8th of Dec, 2008
WEB DETECTIVES IS A BIG SCAM! I was trying to find a missing family member and signed up for the 3 day trial for $2.95. Web detectives says they found a possitive match. The family member poped up as well as his mom, dad who are (deceased )and brother as close relatives. I was convinced until I had to pay more money (49.95 ) in order to get an address an phone number for the missing relative. I knew something was not right! I stopped there an didn't pay the (49.95). However I am concerned because I cancelled the 3 day subscription today and after reading everyones comments it seems as though they are still being charged a monthly fee. It seems as though when we are signing up for the $2.95 trial we are really signing up for a Privacy Chest Newsletter also that we might not recieve any way. So Im guessing we have to call and cancel the Privacy Chest Newsletter too ! 1-888-432-4378 and I think you have 30 days to cancel from the day we signed up for the trial.