Weaver Gas / Failure to refund account after 2 months

1 Newburgh, NY, United States

I discontinued service in early August of 2008 due to a move. I was scheduled to receive a refund and verified my new mailing address for return of the credit on my account. As of 9/24, I still had not received any information from the company. I called and spoke with a representative who verified my new mailing address and stated that there would be a request for a check to be dispersed and if I had not heard or received anything within two weeks to call back.

I then called the company again and was informed that a check had been distributed for a refund but it had been mailed to another address. I reminded the clerk that I had specifically indicated on both occasions my new address. Her response was that I should go to the post office and see if mail had been misdirected or if they could help me find it. After the company failed to follow through with a timely distribution and then they paid to a non-working address, they want me to track down the check. The final response was that if I have not found it by next week to call back.

I requested to speak with a supervisor and was denied any form of contact with anyone else at Weaver Gas. I asked for another number to call at corporate headquarters and was told to not bother calling anyone else because they would not speak to me.

This situation is impossible and as a soldier, my address and needs do not allow me to track down and play games with utility providers. This is unacceptable behavior and reflects poor business practices with an unreliable, rude, and inappropriate company.

Me