Wealth Development Center / Angela Penbrook - A business scam!

United States Review updated:
4.5

I don't think this is a legitimate company. I am very worried that they have too much information from me like my credit card number, etc. I know that I was stupid. There ad seemed too good to be true.

Comments

Pe
  16th of Mar, 2008
Agree Disagree +3 Votes
i tried to get to the link they give to start working . I can not get anuthing if by tonigh don't get any anawer to this matter i' going to call the bank and I'm going to let them know what happen. to cancelled
Wi
  18th of Mar, 2008
Agree Disagree +3 Votes
I too just got scamed, I just paid $197 to Penbrook Production; however, I just learned a lesson. Check the companies' background before engaging into business with them, which I should have done first. I'm sure the banks will credit this amount.
Ti
  23rd of Mar, 2008
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
I too, was scammed. It all looked so legit! I feel like such a ### for actually believing it. I am no longer able to sign into the website, either. I will call my credit card company in the morning and hopefully they will refund the money. If not... I've just learned a $197 lesson! I hope nobody else falls for this mess.
Ka
  26th of Mar, 2008
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I also was scammed by penbrook. My bank refused to file a dispute against the company.

I filed a report with complain.ic3.gov.

I am asking everyone that got scammed by them to file a report. Maybe when they see so many reports being filed they will escalate it to an agency that will do something.

Thanks.
Ch
  27th of Mar, 2008
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
Thank you for alerting us to your plights. My wife and I were skeptical, but felt it would be worth the risk. I'm glad we checked for web sites that might give us this information before we clicked the submit button. It is just so hard not to get sucked in to some of these scams as they do sound just like something we were looking for. Thank you again.
Lo
  27th of Mar, 2008
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
I feel I was just scammed myself. I have gone through all the information and just feel totally let down. Then I get a call tonight regarding the Angela Penbrook program and I get a phone number. That number is 800-785-8042. I just called it and gave them some information and they stated they would refund my money to my account. I also got a confirmation number. (I know does not mean anything) They say it would take 5 to 7 days for it to happen. I guess I will be waiting to see.
I hope perhaps this information will help.
Thanks
Te
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
I guess i got scammed as well. I had the product for 2 months and still haven't got a chance to log on and start my business. Well i guess we all were eatting by this shark but I'm calling my bank to investigate this company. I will make sure I tell everybody I know don"t fall for this fabricated email- delete it ASAP.
Br
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
I'm sorry for those people who felt for that Angela, it's an outrage. I too was about to put my credit card information, when I decided to google her name and it came with suprising results. I really appreciate that you guys put your comments, because if it wasn't for the comments, I too would have been scam. Thanks.

Hey guys this is very interesting for the people that want to work from home, I still don't know how it works because I just sign up to this website, but it's interesting because at least it's reliable or at least I think because I went to www.bbbonline.org, which stands for a Better Business Bureau online, and you can research to see if the company is reliable. One of the companies that was in there it's the Business Online System. Their website is www.theonlinebusiness.com, and at least it has the logo that it has been approve on the website of Better Business Bureau, but like I say I barely signed up for it today, so I can vouch for it, but at least the www.bbbonline.org can. Good luck to you all guys, and sorry for the lost.
Le
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
I wish I had checked for something like this site before hitting the submit button. I too fell for the Angela Penbrook rebate processing story. I thought it was strange that I never received any type of email confirmation after hitting the submit button. Every time I have purchased or did any thing online I always receive an email confirmation. I did receive a 52 page document with directions but the information provided was very different from what was stated on the site that got me interested. And it required me setting up so many different accounts, which I did not do just out of pure confusion. The demo on the site seemed so easy and everything in this document was very confusing. When I tried to go back to the link where I submitted my information it was no longer available. I thank everyone who posted their experience because now I know that I need to also contact my Bank to try to recover my $197, but if nothing else close my account so they don't access it further. Thank you all and I hope this helps someone else from sufferring the same.
Sa
  30th of Mar, 2008
Agree Disagree +3 Votes
Im glad I googled her name before we clicked the submit button. Im also glad I found this website, my mom and I were about to do this! I guess the saying "if its to good to be true then its not true" is right.
Ci
  5th of Apr, 2008

Wealth Development Center - Scam
Wealth Development Center
4 anchors way
Winfield
West Virginia
Phone: 304-755-5003

I signed up with Wealth Development Center because I wanted to make some extra money.

According to their ad, they offered one-on-one counseling/advice on getting started.

I cannot get anyone to answer any of the contacts that I have tried to make and no one has contacted me from the original information that was submitted to them.
La
  7th of Apr, 2008
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
i just logged onto angela's site on saturday morning. haven't been able to access her e-book since. yeah! I know I was stupid! it all sounded so plausible. I feel like a fool. so all of you out there, watch out for angela penbrook's junk mail
Le
  10th of Apr, 2008
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
I also was almost fooled into trying this "to good to be true" offer. I was about to enter my information when my spouse said to investigate them and see if it is a legitimate place. I am glad that I did or I would have been out of $197.00 that I don't have to waste so someone else can get rich off my hard work.
Pa
  14th of Apr, 2008
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
I too was just completely duped! I'm calling to cancel my credit card as I type. It all seemed so legit until I got to the 53 page "guide book" that had nothing to do with processing rebates and received no confirmation links or e-mails. Well, as P.T. Barnum said "there's a sucker born every minute"...happy birthday to me!
Je
  19th of Apr, 2008
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
I was also completely fooled by this website. It is such an alluring promise for those who struggle to pay bills, it's a cruel trick. It took me a few hours to fully realise what I did and now I feel sick to my stomach to think of how stupid I was, to think of how much I almost threw away. I hope that someone shuts down this website before more damage is done. I was just lucky I was able to cancel my credit card before the transaction went through. But as thankful as I am to know that my money's safe, I feel as if I should warn everyone else about this. Just like identity theft, you never think it will happen to you until it hits you in the face.
Ju
  20th of Apr, 2008
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I got scammed also!!! I have been trying to link on to the website to try to get started and can't seem to do so. What a cruel thing to do those of us who are trying to make an honest living. I am disputing the $197.00 charge to my credit card. Unfortunately i couldn't cancel befire the charge went through. I hope everyone makes a complaint about Angela Penbrook's Scam.
Ma
  22nd of Apr, 2008
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
I've tried emailing them and my email came back unresponsive and can't seem to get my credit union to provide me any info on this company. However I'm told I can't stop payment on it that I have to go thru the company but how do I do that if I have no contact info. That's what I'm trying to explain to the credit union.
Jo
  23rd of Apr, 2008
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
After I agreed to pay the $197.00 and tried to print out the 65 pages, I was only able to print 7. Then what I was reading was talking about having to place ads, blogging, and websites. This is not making money, it is spending money. Thanks to Lori Overy for the telephone #. I called today and was treated politely, and was told they would submit the refund to my account, but it may take 5-7 days. I will feel lucky if I do obtain the refund. I didn't feel that I was gulible, but I was. I took the chance on finding something on the company today and found these complaints.
Da
  25th of Apr, 2008
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
Well within three days after I agreed to pay the $197.00, I clearly told this company that I was not interested and asked for an immediate refund of my credit card. This was on Feruary 25, 2008. I have yet to receive my refund. I, too, downloaded their materials and found it to be talking about placiung ads, blogging, etc. in other words, I had to spend money, more money. This is a bad business scamm.
Li
  7th of Jun, 2008
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
I had the same problem with this company. They asked me to pay $197 to get acces to rebate processing. I haven't received any earning, and I still checking the links. This company is a fraud, there has to be something to stop them; This is a really bad business.