We Tour America / Wanted credit card for free trip

Were contacted on 11/28/10 on a Sunday night that I had just been selected from 10, 000 people who attended the North American Livestock Expo that I had won a free Disney Vacation that I put my name in a drawing for. Was I sitting down?? Was questioned why I was so calm as most people were screaming in his ear! I was sceptical and that is why I was calm-wanted to hear the details and determine the hook. Asked if my husband would get on the phone. Explained we won a free 4 day 3 night trip to Disney at a Marriot or Hilton Hotel and then a 4 day 3 night trip to Orlando and then could chose 2 bonus vacations from a list of 20 through a hot spot on the internet. Gave me the internet site and a phone number to call after I hung up the phone. Asked me my childrens names and said they would be free and that my husband and I had an 80%discount for only $249 each. Wait-- wasn't this a free trip I just won. Asked for our credit card numer and when my husband told him we don't give that out over the phone. He got upset and said he had never been questioned before. That they were bonded in FLorida and that the Expo we attended check them out and only allow legitamite businesses. Said we could not hang up the phone to look them up but gave me a phone number and a license number in FLorida. My husband and I quick looked them up as we were talking and felt this was a scam of some sort. We got back on the phone and barely got the sorry we are just not comfortable out of our mouth when the man hung up on us. Afterward I spent some time looking this company up and am determined that if I had given them my credit card number, they would have taken $500 out of my account and then not refunded it if I had changed my mind on the so called FREE trip. Total Scam!!!

Comments

• Dw
      29th of Jul, 2011

Went through the same thing today...I wouldn't give my credit card number either. They were rude and asked me if I had ever bought anything online before...I said yes, airline tickets through Continental Airlines because I knew who I was dealing with and also I knew what I was getting when I purchased it. Told them if I couldn't see what I was getting in writing I would not ever consider giving a credit card to them, if I had to the conversation was over...put the high pressusre guy then on the line with me and he was even ruder so I told him the conversation was over. I feel sorry that there are people that fall into those traps and so many times they don't get anything at all or they don't get what they expect. Government controls everthing else too bad they can't control the scams that are out there.

• Da
      30th of Jan, 2012

Wow! I went through the exact same thing today. Guy called my cell phone from a 805 number and I picked up. On the other end this guy was talking to me as if he had known me for years. He told me he drew my name out of a hat. I didnt remember where I signed up for the drawing so I questioned him . He told me the name of a local bar I visit quite frequently. So I continued to allow him to tell me what I won. He was good at what he did, he could have sold a rock to me. He then got his manager on the phone and his manager told me he would do it for 298 bucks. Yeah right I told him! I hung up...he called back I acted as if the phone got disconnected and he told me I had to give the money now. I told them I could not make that decision without my wife's opinion. He told me to call her while I waited... WOW... I called my wife ...she told me to google them... I did and thank GOD I did