VIV3 Labs / unauthorised debit of credit card account

1 England, Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom Review updated:

Two weeks ago I ordered a trial bottle of the acai berry and a trial bottle of the colon cleanse, 2 lots of 3.95 were debited from my credit card. I have just checked my online bank account to find that not one but two! Payments of £74.53 have been deducted!! I have most certainly not agreed to any terms and conditions that let this absolute disgrace of a company take this money, luckily I noticed on the day this went out otherwise I would be incurring charges from my bank. I will be calling viv3 labs first thing monday morning (they are conveniently closed at weekends) and demanding an explanation and a refund of my cash. When ordering the free trial nowhere on the website does it have an option to agree to terms and conditions.

Do not buy this product, it is a scam and they will fleece you for all you have!

I will be contacting watchdog and msn regarding this as people need to know what this company is doing.

Sa

Comments

13th of Jul, 2009
    viv3 labs - life cleanse tablets
    viv3 labs
    England, Wiltshire
    United Kingdom

I've been caught by viv3 labs. I purchased some tablets and was charged £3.63 for delivery. Thirteen days later over £74. went from my bank. I contacted my bank to find out who this money went to. I was amazed when they told me it was a firm in Cyprus.I've never had dealings with firms above for this simple reason. When I asked them why they had taken my money they said it was in their terms and conditions, even so, their 15 day trial turned out to be 13 days in my case. I'm going to try and get my money back starting with an address . Keep your fingers crossed for me and if I'm successful I'll let you know

• Ki
      14th of Jul, 2009

i have just had the same thing... Im a struggling single mum and needed some thing to help me to lose weight as my sister was getting married i ordered a free trial and i did not see the small print until i noticed my rent money had gone from my account 4 days later it has come up as VIV3... This is disgusting and im gonna get my money back as it did not say anywhere clearly that thay will keep taking my money...The worst part is that ive not lost 1lb since starting these tablets...I'm disgusted and totally skint for nothing

• Ti
      14th of Jul, 2009
    viv3 labs - Total scam
    United Kingdom

I too have been conned out of a total of £118 for two bottles of aciberry and life cleanse which all they did was upset my stomach and give me stomach pains, only took a few days worth. Knew nothing until my bank contacted me regarding misuse of my credit card. I can't believe they are allowed to take money out when all I authorised them to take was the postage charge. Rang and e-mailed them straght away and they confirmed the accounts are cancelled and no further payments will come out. Bank says they cannot guarantee more payments going through eventhough I have cancelled my card and advised the bank to not allow these companies trading as many different names to allow payments through. The bank are well aware of these companies and informed me that loads of people are being conned. I felt totally sick at what has happened as I am a struggling student with 3 children, I cannot afford this money. There was no mention of any refund from Viv3 as the terms and conditions state I did not cancell within 15 days. Why doesn't the banks or trading standards do something about this company, they should not be allowed to advertise on the hotmail website. They are still there with their clever photo's to lure you in. I will also be contacting Watchdog.

• Mp
      15th of Jul, 2009

Absolute scam, Can't believe it.. Ive been had. apraently theres a bit that says you have to pay the full amount if not cancelled... Obviuosly amazingly small or not there at all as there seems to be 100's of us that didn't see it..

So free trial actually means £150+ for 2 bottles of PRO Plus which is what I think they are.. won't be doing that again.
    Sick as a dog.

• Mp
      15th of Jul, 2009

Me too feel sick had acai berry & life cleanse... I'm no specialist but they made me feel really bad only took them for 2 days. absolutely naff, and the best bit FREE TRIAL C***P. £150+ FOR 2 bottles. What was I thinking, I never have this sort of thing... it was advertised on ebay too... not a good advert for them I'm afriad. I've contacted the bank as I did not authorise that money out. I only authorised £3.72. got an email for VIV3 support@viv3.com don't know if it gets you anywhere but will be trying.

• Le
      16th of Jul, 2009

This has also happened to me - exactly the same. I only agreed to the free trial and paid for post and packaging. This is a standard marketing tactic for legitimate companies to build a database. Those companies send you a sample - you trial it and they normally write or email you with a special offer to encourage you to buy from them again. With these people, it's a scam from the start and they've taken £150 from my bank account - the bank alerted me as they took it via Cyprus but the Bank have now written to say there is nothing they can do. I suggest we all get together and see if we can get some help on a United Front basis - I'm prepared to put in a small amount of cash to help with legal costs if other people are also prepared to do the same. If there are enough of us, then it won't cost a lot if it's shared out between us. Who can afford to lose £150? I can't - but there could be a chance of getting it back if we make a big enough noise. Anybody that is interested can contact me - Sandra Lees - on lees150@btinternet.com. We can either be victims and let it happen to other people as well or we can try to stop it and get our money back. Sandra

• Pr
      20th of Jul, 2009
    viv3 labs - Unathorized amount took from my credit card
    Spain

Foolishly I selected a free trial on Internet for the detox pills offerend by this company. After 1 month the pills finally arrived. Thay said that I will be charged 3.95 € but in my account appeared 4, 12€ twice. But this was the beggining because some weeks later appeared a second discount in card account where was took from this company the amount of 85, 67 € twice. I sent a letter asking them why this amount was charged without my authorization and they replied that the 3, 95 where charged only as handling and postage and that after 15 days of not cancellation of the subscription then immediately the product will be charged.
    What a crroks are these people. This is a total scam.
    Please be aware of it and run away if you see some advertisement from this company.

• Re
      21st of Jul, 2009
    viv3 labs - Unathorised debit of money and goods not delivered
    Queensland
    Australia

I ordered both the acacia berry and the life cleanse products intending to try them and see what happened. I did not receive the orders and had forgotted about it unti the charge appeared on my credit card for 3 items of this product. I have not received the product and when I contacted the company they stated that as I agreed to the terms set out in their website that I was responsible for the charges.

As I have not received these products, I have not been able to decide whether I wish to purchase them. The company is refusing to reimburse my money and I am not happy as I have not received the product.

This is a rort and anyone thinking of purchasing these products should think again.

Please help me get my money back!!!

• Am
      21st of Jul, 2009
    viv3 labs - Money taken from account without my permission
    Birmingham
    England, West Midlands
    United Kingdom

Back on 7/7/09 I ordered a '30 day trial' of life cleanse tablets for the trail price of £3.95.

I never recieved these tablets but thought to myself 'doesnt matter, it was only £3'

How wrong I was...

Today I looked at my bank account and was shocked to see that I was over-drawn, when I looked at where my money had gone it was viv3. they have taken £74.73 out of my account!!!
    I rang my bank who gave me their number and told me to give them a ring 1st and see if I can get my money back.
    When I rang the number I spoke to a foriegn bloke who tried to tell me thier conditions but I wasnt interested, I told him that there were no conditions when I agreed to pay them my £3.95 and to put me through to someone who could help me.
    No such luck, he told me there wasnt any other number he could give me or put me through to, there was just an email address that I could write to.
    After arguing with this bloke for 45 minuites id had enough so I put the phone down and sent an emaill to the address he gave me.
    They replied pretty quick to say they had received my email and they were looking into it but still no reply about my refund so I contacted my bank again.

My bank (barclays) are now classing this as fraudulent usage and are trying to get it sorted asap, they are also going to give me back the fines I have been charged for being over-drawn and have blocked my debit card from being used anywhere else but the cash point machine, they are also sending me out a new card.

I may have got this sorted but it is not the point, this company is getting away with taking peoples money without consent and that to me is theft. if I was to take money out of someones account without thier permission I would be locked up!!!

• 03
      22nd of Jul, 2009

Sally
    Slough
    Berkshire

They have done the same to me. I had my account debited on 6th July 2 x£1. Lo and behold today (22nd July), I have found 2 debits from my account for £74.20.
    I have contacted my bank, HSBC, and informed them of fraudulent use too and they will investigate.
    This company should not be advertising and I have reported them to the relevant authorities already.
    If you are in same situation PLEASE stop your card and order a new one.
    These ### should be shot. Taking cash from people who are looking for help!
    I 'd just LURVE to get my hands on the theiving so and so's.
    Yet again..another scam from USA.

• Hc
      23rd of Jul, 2009

I can not believe that so many people have been caught like this and nothing can be done the company are so unhelpful that they actually put the phone down when I asked to speak with a supervisor. I am so skint now

• So
    viv3 labs - Free Trail
    United Kingdom

I ordered a free trail from viv3 labs stll till this day I have not received the products. went to my bank and was told I have no money in my account as 2 payments of £76.23 had been taken out with out my consent.

I phoned viv3 labs who kept telling me I should of read their t&c they are not clear at all!! I have askked them to refund the money and all she kept saying it was my fault... this is a major con and these people should not be allowed to trade... nothing is a free trail and the fact I have still no product is shocking.. watchdog should reallly look into this company...

• Un
      23rd of Jul, 2009

I have made the same mistake as everyone else and gave my card detials without reading terms and conditions and have had money taken go onto the viv3 labs website and on the refund policy it states that if your not happy with your product to contact them, then it states that you may receive a refund up to 30 days after the order . it does state that you need to cancle within 15 days . so if it's more than 15 days but less than 30 then i think you couls try contacting and telling your not happy with product ect ...

24th of Jul, 2009

If you read my post 'Re something must be done about this' you might find that what I've written helpful. It's a long post but if you scroll down to the bottom, the information about Unfair Terms in Contracts may be useful to you. I have emailed viv3labs with this and I'm waiting for their reply. Lets hope they're ### themselves now because I'm sure that I may be right My credit card company have sent me a dispute claim form and if I don't get a refund from viv3labs I whave to send a copy of all my correspondence (and shipping receipt) to them to demonstrate the efforts I have made to get my money back. They will then take over the dispute and I feel quite confident that I will eventually be reimbursed.

I am so incensed at this scam that I am going to try and find out how we can get this Company investigated in the UK. Apparently this is already happening in the USA.

When I find out who to contact I will post it on this site and hope that everybody will join in to nail the ###!!!

Good luck
    Christine

PS: I've just realised that I cancelled my account with them 0n 13th day of the trial by email and then again by telephone to their customer services on 14th day...for which I got a name and a cancellation code. So they haven't a leg to stand on and if they refuse to pay me back, I think my credit card company will have to and then they will have to chase viv3labs themselves. Hope it works out one way or the other

• Li
      25th of Jul, 2009

The same thing has happend to me, put my details in then changed my mind but i didnt submit it! and logged out so some how they have took money out 75.90 of my account, (25.7.09)iv now had to cancelle my card i go away in 3 days with out it cose i wont get it in time. Its also put me in my overdraft and been charged for that too!! So, if so many complaints about this company why are they still traiding? How are they getting away with it. Surely the fraud investigates, banks and the F.D.A know about these rip off artists and shut the ### down?
    14 day trial or not they have no right to take money out of an account without your say so
    The U.S.A again thaking the piss!!!
    Companies like viv3labs need to be hung out to dry, there is people out there that need help and they are ripping them off, this needs to be stopped NOW!!!

• Ka
      26th of Jul, 2009

Hello all, I am still waiting for my my free trial. viv 3 took 118 usd which equates to 84.16 Euros. I live in Malta. I have filed a fraud complaint with my bank. My bank have given me the money back since I did not authorise the 84.16 euros in the first place. Now I have to wait 45 days for the foreign bank to file a complaint. After reading several comments, since Viv 3 labs take FRAUD seriously, then it would help if they got in touch with ttheir fraud squad in the USA and seriously investigated this Scamming Company.

I will poste another note in 45 days to let you know the outcome.

Cheers Karen

• Co
      27th of Jul, 2009

I to have been caught in this scam, i have tryed to contact the company to cancel any further orders but cannot get through, i have cancelled my bank cards but am worried about future orders, any advice, thanks

27th of Jul, 2009

Well here I am, another victim of these people VIV3. It's an absolute disgrace. Nowhere, when I ordered the products was there a tick box to agree to terms and conditions. These guys must be making a fortune every day!! And all this because I wanted to lose weight before my holidays, I'm a few pounds lighter, but that is my bank account and not ME!! I've reported this with my bank and will keep you updated if I had any luck getting my money back!

• Po
      27th of Jul, 2009

Yes another victim! Have been conned in Australia and the banks here can't help either. Rang U.K. phone number but it has been disconnected, of course. Feel sooooooo stupid.

• Sn
      28th of Jul, 2009

I just checked my credit card balance and found that there has been an amount of $145.75 (Australian) taken from my account. When I rang the credit card company, they told me it was from Viv3. I too, did not see the small print and now have to wait 24-48 hours for the credit card company to dispute this transaction. Being in Australia, it is a bit hard for me to call up and cancel anything with this company. And to add to it, the free trial of the Acai berries, don't seem to be working!