Video Professor / Unauthorized billing

Saw the ad on tv, ordered the FREE DVD, paid the postage with my debit card. (That was their only action with which I'd authorized them use of my debit card). A week later the box came. I didn't open it. A few days later I noticed my checking account had been robbed of $189.95. I called VP, and explained the situation, received a return authorization number, and returned the box unopened. They informed me it would take 2 months to return my money. I spoke to the supervisor. Same story . . 2 billing cycles. I explained as how the money they stole was budgeted to pay my bills, and would now have to pay late fees. They couldn't care less. I checked with the Better Business Bureau. VPI carries a 'BBB Accredited Business gold star rating', because they 'paid the fee'. I notified the Denver Police Department of the robbery. They said 'nothing we can do. 'A civil matter'. So, I reported the theft to the Colorado State Attorney General's office, Fraud division. They are looking into it. Every department you could possibly report this company to has received so many reports on them that they're immune to it.

Fact is, they know they can steal your money and get away with it. Just don't do business with them.

Si

Comments

• Pa
      17th of Apr, 2009

I am writing about my refund for video professor, it has been almost three months, and I stll have not recived my refund from video professor, I have made about five calls and have gotten no were, I keep getting told the next business cicle, I now have my bank is looking into it, as I sent it all back return receipt required & cert. how long am i do wait for this refund of $189, oo!!Please summit payment at once as I am on a fixed income, my husband and myself are on a fixed incomek I can not take much more please let me know what is going on.

My e-mail acct. is thirsh42@yahoo.com
    my phome # is 848-203-4802
    Please get back to me as soon as possible.

Patricia McInerney
    625 King George RD
    Fords, NJ 08863

17th of Apr, 2009

Too wait this long for a refund is not write what if it was your money? How would you like it.

17th of Apr, 2009

let's get with the problem, and send me my refund!!!

• De
      24th of Jun, 2009

Did you ever get your money back? I have been waiting for 2.5 months and same runaround.

• Sc
      26th of Oct, 2009

I have contacted Video Professor twice to request they stop billing my account of the $189.95. I will be returning all the products sent, request a refund for all monies deducted and file a complaint with the Indiana and California Departments of consumer affairs.

My father died in January and My son, Colin died in May. I am devastated at the loss and didn't even care about balancing my checking account. I did in September and found that Video Professor was deducting
    (Stealing!) from my account. I only ordered the cd's for Photoshop, I never checked the box on the order site for the other the whole course. As soon as I put the Photoshop on the page, the order page disappeared. My father
    died right after that and I didn't think it.

Then after my son died, i forgot about everything.

I do want to know if you received your refund and if you didn't to make sure you file complaints against Video Professor with your state and California's state Department of Consumer Affairs. You should be able to find those on the web !

Scott L. Hendrie
    scottlhendrie@gmail.com

58710 Ravenwood Blvd Apt L
    Elkhart, IN 46517

• Ka
      26th of Oct, 2009

They also took 6.95 and 189.95 out of my checking account. I just called to complain and the assured me that I will get my amount in full in 30 business days. I am going to contact my bank in the morning to tell them about video professors fraudulent changes and to not let them take money out of my account again. Ff anyone finds a way to make them pay, PLEASE let me know!

• Ca
      30th of Jan, 2010

I am still waiting for my rebate offer that i was promised by a sales person after they took 189.00 from my account also.This must be an ongoing thing with this company, I do not see how they can keep ripping folks off.Calvin O'Neal from henderson ky 42420

• Mi
      8th of Apr, 2010

This is now the 30th business day since I have sent in my refund. Still have not seen my money placed into my checking account. Absolutly ###ed that it takes that long to process giving our money back. You get the same run around every time you call and told the same thing over and over again. They have no right to hold onto other peoples money for their own lack of telling the truth in their advertisments.

4th of Jul, 2011

On 6/20/11 I was inaccurately charged $39.95. The promo said to try Video Professor for five (5) days. On the third day I emailed Video Professor telling them I was not interested in their program because it didn"t meet my needs. (06/20/2011 ONLINE PROFESSOR INC 866-759-7181 AZ $39.95)
    I just realized that they charged my VISA $39.95 as if I did not meet their criteria or had not responded back to them within five days.
    Please refund my charge of $39.95 immediately! I will never use your company again! This is a scam and is an unethical company. Why don't you keep your promise? When you say to try it free for five days, you don't expect to see a charge on your credit card. This is highway robbery!