Vacation Register, Inc. / No refund, no service!

We were solicited by phone by a Vacation Register, Inc. employee to list our vacation week with them to sell. (This was a Gold Crown resort located in Utah where the 2002 Winter Olympics had been held). This being our first of many dealings with this kind of company, we paid the exorbitant price of $700 (unheard of now) for them to advertise it and according to them "Don't cut [ourselves] short. . .get the job done." After a year's time we had not a single offer through them and took a different route in an attempt to sell it. The original agreement stated ". . .if your timeshare is sold by any other company within 20% of your original asking price upon proof of sale, Vacation Register will refund your advertising fee." When another company sold our week, I contacted Vacation Register to verify what documents were needed for a refund. I obtained the documents and faxed them to the FAX number I was given by them. I called to verify the receipt of the documents and was told one wasn't received. I faxed both documents again and called to verify their receipt. I was told a lawyer was looking over the documents to verify their legality. I received no response from the company for a period of time so I called them. They refused the refund due to reasons they had previously told me were valid proof of sale and ultimately hung up on me when I questioned their logic in a very civil way. They claim to have "Sales and Rental Professionals", "Dedicated and Knowledgeable Staff".

If this is the case why after 2 discussions with a customer service rep. and 3 discussions with a supervisor were we never told that they would not accept one of the documents?

It was discussed in every conversation with them. I contacted the president of the company (Michael Earl) and received no response. I filed a complaint with the BBB and eventually was told by them that Vacation Register refused to cooperate. (Most companies will at least make an attempt to mediate with a paying customer). Since "Ed McMahon proudly endorses Vacation Register" (anyone can endorse anything for the right price, yes?), he might ought to take a closer look at what exactly he is endorsing. $700 is a high price to pay in exchange for absolutely nothing (but a massive headache - x's 10). Such a highly successful company (as they purport to be) can surely keep their word (included in the contract) and refund them easly (to them!) $700.

A  21st of Dec, 2006 by
Vacation Register contacted me several times about wanting to rent our timeshare in Myrtle Beach. I did not have any money to give them although it sounded like a good idea. They called back a couple of months later and said that they had good news; that there were many people who wanted to rent timeshare in this area. I told him that I really didn't have the money, but he said that I would probably be getting offers within the next couple of weeks; that our place would rent for $1,400 per week. For a payment of $499 they would rent our place out five times. I paid this, using money that should have gone towards the mortgage thinking that at a minimum we would get $1,400 in the very near future. We have three weeks of vacation available so I thought that the best case senerio would be $4,000 rental income. I emphasized that we could not afford to do this if there was not a sure bet that the place would be rented. He said that our phone would be ringing with offers. So far, we have not heard a word.
A  13th of Aug, 2007 by
I paid $599 to sell my timeshare on June 13, 2006. I have had not ONE inquiry on it. I called once and person showed a complete disinterest in my
question on it.

Save your money!
A  17th of Sep, 2007 by
The first mistake I made was listening and then buying a timeshare. The second mistake I made was attempting to sell the unit to get out of the first mistake.

If anyone mentions timeshare to me, I run, scream, yell, no way get away from me.

Timeshares are a no win situation and the public becomes another sucker to them.
A  28th of Oct, 2007 by
Same thing happened to us... I kept calling and they kept stalling until it was too late to rent it. $400 down the drain! ugh! RUN don't walk away from these people!
A  4th of Feb, 2008 by
The exact same thing happened to me. I paid $599 for 5 rental with no end until I rent 5 times in May 2006 and have yet to get a single call about my unit. I put them up for rent on www.myresortnetwork.com and have gotten approximately 14 calls and have rented 3 units for the same price that I have for rent at Vacation Register. WHAT A SCAM!!
A  19th of Jul, 2008 by
I've been trying to sell my timeshare with them for 7 blasted years!!! They are useless! Don't waste your time, money, and sanity on this scam.
A  17th of Aug, 2008 by
Vacation register is a faction of origized crime in Florida. They are a boiler room and they pay off the local police. The feds will be putting all there sorry ### in prison soon so don't give them a dime.
N  17th of Aug, 2008 by
Mike Earle is the leading criminal for that savory criminal interprise.
Please fax them at 727-538-9048 or E-mail them at info@vactionregister.com and ask Mike why he is a baby molester and thief.
A  18th of Aug, 2008 by
vacation register is a front for terror and greed attacking inoccent Americans that should be protected by these child molester thieves.

Call the Police and ask them why they are letting these crooks get away with stealing your money
D  28th of Aug, 2008 by
Just to set the record straight!!! John Gottimere is actually a person by the name of Dale Patterson. Mr. Patterson has repeatedly called our office making terroristic threats to our employees. Mr. Patterson is obvisously mentally unstable and in need of serious medical attention. We have evidence of this through faxes and saved voice messages backing up all our claimes about Mr. Patterson. His statements simply do NOT have any merit and are baseless. His case has been heard by every consumer agency and the results have all been in our favor.

We have always strived to satisfy all our clients and will continue to do so in the future. If you have any questions concerning this complaint please email us at info@vacationregister.com.
D  1st of Sep, 2008 by
Vacation register has stooped to new lowes, I am there most persistant avocate against there lies and deception, They have hundreds of BBB complaints and if you were lied to by them and they ripped off your money file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission on the web or call them at 877-FTC-HELP, and file a complaint with the Attorney General of Florida, open case number l08-3-1082 at the Economic crimes unit of Tampa, Hey everbody, I am the victim and look at what they are capible of, just couse I want the money they stole back, they will go to all lengnths to make me look bad couse they have a lot of money they stole from the public. If you contact them you have a chance of loosing money. Any of my contact with them was to get a refund of the money they stole from me. If there is anybody out there that wants to start an class action to get your money back please E-mail me as we all work hard for our money.
N  25th of Sep, 2008 by
Vacation register return my money You stole From me, How can you live with lieing to everone and scamming their money out them, Like I said I will not go away till you return the money you stole from me.
A  6th of Nov, 2008 by
I received a call from a Mike Wilson with good news about my timeshare and to call him back at 888-226-1055 extension 236...I have not done business with this company. this is totally unsolicited!
A  14th of Nov, 2008 by
We "hired" this company in Dec. of 2005 to rent two timeshares - 1 in Palm Springs and 1 in Oahu. Hello!!! No one wants to rent a condo across from Waikiki???? A great view of the ocean and just steps from EVERYTHING??? When my husband called them a few times over the years about it, they always say they have had no inquiries. We find that hard to believe. So...this company is stealing our money with no intention of renting or selling anything. These people should be locked up. Stay away from them!!!
D  25th of Jan, 2009 by
MR. Earle, I am still waiting for the 423.00 you stole from me crook, Like I said refund my money crook as I will be here long after the feds lock your ### up in Levenworth, and beleive me you will be the Florida treat shareing a cell with someone that knows someone that you stole money from thief.

Will not give op crook

Sincerely: Dale

PS Crystal, there are plenty of cells waiting for employees like you that help him steal, stupid ###
N  4th of Sep, 2009 by

Vacation Register, Inc. - Misrepresentation
Vacation Register, Inc.

This customer entered into an agreement with Vacation Register wherein the company agreed to:All1. Advertise customer's timeshare for sale.
2. If the timeshare did not sell within 12 months, the company agreed to continue advertising UNTIL THE PROPERTY SOLD.
3. If the timeshare was SOLD by another company within 20% of the asking price, Vacation Register agreed to refund customer's fee upon proof of sale.
1. Customer advised Vacation Register their timeshare had been sold and wanted a refund.
2. Verification documents were requested and sent.
3. However, it was ultimately determined that customer HAD NOT SOLD the timeshare, but rather had exchanged it.
4. Customer filed Complaint with the Florida Division of Consumer Services (NOT THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU) on October 26, 2005, and after all the evidence was submitted, it was determined that Vacation Register had acted properly in denying a refund and had responded in a satisfactory effort to resolve the complaint. This matter was closed satisfactorily by the Florida Division of Consumer Services on November 30, 2005.
Vacation Register stands behind their agreement to issue a refund if a customer's timeshare is SOLD by another company within 20% of the asking price.
A  22nd of Jan, 2011 by
I also was scammed by his company! They guaranteed me they would sell my timeshare in St. Thomas within 3-6 months. That was 5 years ago! Shame on me for paying anything up front-I should have known better-but shame on them for scamming people out of money they can't afford to lose! I hope they all go to jail-if not I'm sure they will go to HELL!
N  13th of Feb, 2011 by
It's nice to know that I am not the only one this stupid heartless company stole from. I wonder what goes through their minds when they are spending our hard earned money. Lazy idiots. I hope to visit you some day in jail.
A  9th of Jun, 2011 by
I worked for Vacation Register and they definately rip you off. After being there for around 3 months I started to question why nobody ever called to buy or rent these timeshares. They told me that another department took care of this and found out thus was total BS. It is a boiler room filled with a bunch of drug addicts who lie to the customers so they can get their fix. My advice is to call your credit card company and file a complaint or get a charge back. They are very deceptive!!! They pay the telemarketer who calls you up to 40% of that $700 fee so it's definately a motivator for them to flat out lie to you. Check out the website at vrint.com to see how many listings they have. The owner was very discreet using his last name for obvious reasons. I do know his name was John and he played tennis at Auburn University. There were 2 offices: 1 in St Pete with Mike Earl and the other in Tampa with John whatever he is using his last name for these days. It's definately a racquet!!!
N  14th of Jan, 2012 by
Like all other comments received I believe " VACATION REGISTER" is nothing but a scam. I was very disappointed in having a respected man like Ed McMahon be their spokeman. ???. After numerous phone calls from Vacation Register and after many conversations with them they were finally able to manipulate me and my husband in signing up on Feb/2007 for a total amount of $847.13 Canadian to be paid immediately. We thought they were honest!!! Well, we trusted them but we never received any offers, not even one. Was no longer able to even get in touch with them. How can these people sleep at night. I guess it's all about money today, and no conscience. I feel so bad reading stories of other people that paid this kind money and nothing in return. Everything people said in their comments was exactly what they did to me and my husband. Unfortunately we will never trust anybody again because of what these people have done to us.