US Cellular / customer service in quincy, il

1 4319 BroadwayQuincy, IL, United States

My daughter wanted a new I phone and after looking into either financing or signing up for a 2 year plan and getting the promotion rate, I decided financing would be the best option. My daughter went in to make the transaction. Now you must understand that I was expecting to get a call from the store as she does not have authorization to make transactions, so imagine my surprise when she comes home with a new phone and bigger surprise to learn she did not finance but signed a 2 yr contract. Wasn't allowed to finance because I wasn't there but was able to commit to a two year plan...Anyway, she said that the salesperson told her it would only be $15.00 more per month which is what the finance fee would have been. I really didn't believe her but I called 611 the next day and the customer rep I spoke to confirmed it would only be $15.00 more per month... Got the bill and again I was surprised or should say not surprised that it is not $15.00 more per month but $30.00. When I called 611 today they couldn't do anything about it and stated that my daughter was listed on the account as being authorized to make transactions. I have never added her to my account as someone authorized to make changes. When I asked when I gave authorization for my daughter the customer rep could not tell me... So as I just explained to my daughter you cannot trust salespersons, they will try to get you to go with the more expensive plan whenever they can...But of course I am the one paying for it.

Ad