University of Colorado Hospital / Top Heavy Management and Outdated Intimidation Tactics Towards Nurses

1 12605 E. 16th AvenueAurora, CO, United States Review updated:

I was employed as a nurse at this facility for approximately 18 months, and endured intimidation by management, underpayment of benefits, and outright favoritism in many instances. I complained to Human Resources, and the manager that I was complaining against all of a sudden started to harass me publicly and privately. I quit in order to retain my dignity, but I would not recommend this facility as a workplace for any RN. They state they are interested in education, but three nurses in my department who achieved a Master's degree (including myself) were harassed out of the department (which is only an 18 bed unit by the way). I have tried to call the president of the Hospital, the head of nursing, and even the head of human resources to ask for an "exit interview" so I could review the matters again, and demand my lost benefits and wages for working full time for months with only part time compensation, and to report the blatant harassment at the hands of my former manager.

Va

More University of Colorado Hospital Complaints & Reviews

Comments

Wi
  22nd of Jul, 2009

Hello! I also endured about two years of top heavy management, intimidation, and outright ridiculous intimidation strategies. I am an experienced RN with a BSN, an MSN, and many years of experience. This place is substandard for employees and for patients. How about that "little" lead in the water incident? How about that "little" parking incident at the new facility? How about the pay for "graduate nurses" and the strong-arm tactics in order to obtain contracts from new nurses? If you want to join the military, than go ahead, but do not think that this place welcomes any free thinking or new ideas.

Wi
  22nd of Jul, 2009

Also, this place received the land for it's new facility completely free of charge. It "white-washes" all of the internet complaints, and it spends millions on self-promotion. Where is the patient safety in all of this? Nobody I know even would consider this dump as a reliable source of health care. They are so busy patting themselves on the back that no real surveys or opinions come through. The chinks are already starting to show...I finally got through and was able to state my opinion! Google this freaking place and you will be rewarded with umpteen self-promoting and nauseating advertisements. Dig a bit further!

Pa
  5th of Dec, 2012

I would not recommend this facility as a patient. It is the worst costumer service I have ever had at a doctors office. It seems like it is such a big hospital and so busy that they don't take time with their patients to make sure they get all the information they need. I have had to contact my doctors office to get test results, don't get messages answered often enough, and also been sent a letter that if you miss 3 appointments they have the right not to give you care. I think that is ridiculous! If they want me to be a loyal patient they should consider being a loyal facility, that actually respond to their patients.

Ja
  23rd of Feb, 2013

how about the malicious tracking of patients with a misdiagnosis?