Unified Services / Beware - $1000 internet shopping spree and vacation is a pure rip off!

Approximately 2 weeks ago I had been contacted by a young man named "Max Johnson" for Unified Services informing me that I had won a $1000 internet Shopping Spree and a vacation. I was hassled for some time about me giving them my check account number and that they could NOT go over the amount of $1.95 for shipping and Handling of the packet explaining my benefits and a CD for a trial if Internet and some fat burning pills. I told them I DID NOT want them but they insisted saying it was only a trial and I WAS NOT OBLIGATED to purchase. I kept insisting I would send a money order but "Max" promised me "We cannot make the check out for ANYMORE than $1.95, not a PENNY more". LIE!

Now, last Thursday, I find a check had come thru for $149.80 made out to "Unified Services". I immediately CANCELED my account (I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS SINCE THERE IS NO STOPPING THEM FROM DOING THIS AGAIN IN THE FUTURE, REMEMBER, THEY HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT NUMBER!).

Then, I was able to find another customer service number [protected]) and asked to speak to the manager. This guy named Derek ID#60 (he would not give his last name) and proceeded to rim him good for this Thievery! He said I had to fax a letter to the Refund Dept. I said "The REFUND DEPT. I did NOT BUY ANYTHING!!! I demanded they return my money! I am still waiting to hear from them, and I WILL NOT LET THIS GO!!! I refuse to be robbed by these thieves and we all must band together against them! My next step is the BBB and the News stations in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area. They have messed with the wrong guy!

Comments

• De
      4th of Apr, 2007
    Unified Services - Took money from my account by electronic transfer

I am not aware of this company. They took 149.80 through electronic transfer from my bank account. Village Bank was stamped on the bank without a phone number. I did not authorize this transfer. I want information on this company to register a dispute. Help someone!

• Tm
      23rd of Apr, 2007

I was contacted by Unified Services this afternoon on my sell phone and they offered me the 1000.00 shopping spree and the vacation, explaining that I only had to pay 1.95 for the info to be sent out to me. They were very persistent about getting my bank info. I asked the man about paying this with another method of payment and he said " don't you trust me"? I said NO I dont even know you. Then he asked me to hold while he got his supervisor so better explain the offer to me. This guys first name was John, he spoke better English but as very persistent about getting my routing number. He was very rude. every time I would start to ask a question he would cut me off and ask for the routing number. I told him to allow me to speak. I stated that I worked in the call center business and that the way he was talking to me was very rude and unprofessional. So I hung up on him. Sorry they have gotten others but I just sounded weird and unbelievable. I hope someone can put an end to what they are doing to people...

• Ro
      28th of Apr, 2007

This past week I had Unified Services calling me from somewhere in "Nevada" with a phone number of 775-678-5678, each call I told them that I was NOT INTERESTED, and to STOP calling my number. Well, today was the last straw, so I played it cool, I was speaking to "Jim" and I told "Jim", I would like to speak to your Manager, or Supervisor and he asked me "why?" - and I lied and said - "Because you are very polite, and nice, and want to your Supervisor what a good job you are doing" - so "Jim" got "Jean Seaford" his Supervisor on the phone, and then I let loose. I told her that had 3 callers this past week, and each one I told them to take me off your calling list - or I'll report you to the FCC complaint department. She kept apologizing and I told her that I'm on the "Do Not Call" list, and that she and her company would be fine by the FCC. Then she kept apologizing over and over again. Then I continued with that I have your name, and I repeated her name over the phone, the name of the Company, the location of the company, and phone number, and Jim the Customer Service Rep, and the reason of the so-called business call. Jean apologized to me and "God Blessed Me" and I said, Unified Services would not call me again. We'll see.

2nd of May, 2007

Tracy,

We discovered your complaint posted on 4/4/2007 regarding our services. We would appreciate the opportunity to respond to your complaint.

It appears you signed up for our amazing package including a free 3-day, 2-night hotel stay and a complimentary $1000 Internet shopping spree.

We also offer three, 10-day trials in conjunction with our complimentary hotel stay and shopping spree. Call USA is the first service and offers long-distance in the form of a calling card. This calling card can be used at any touch-tone telephone and includes unlimited state-to-state calling and international calling to over 60 countries. Our second offer is Online Advantage; which is unlimited, high-speed, dialup Internet. We provide free customer service and technical support and access to the Internet at over 10,000 access points nationwide (great for traveling). Our final offer, Ultra Thermo Boost 2000 is a dietary weight-loss supplement. Our supplement contains the natural, safe ingredient Hoodia. If the customer opts in to any of these offers, they agree to cancel the services(s) within the 10-day trial period to avoid charges.

All customer orders are verified by a third-party taped verification. Each taped verification is reviewed to make sure that the customer did, in fact, agree to our products and services. During the taped verification, the exact terms and conditions were described to you. Additionally, when you agreed to our services, we communicated our contact information to you, including toll-free numbers for each of the services through which to cancel should you decide you did not need them.

We are very concerned with customer service and with the satisfaction of our customers. Because you are unsatisfied with our products and/or services, we would like to mail you a refund agreement for the full amount of “149.80” to you for your signature. We are drafting a refund agreement and sending it to your home immediately. Additionally, a customer service representative will be contacting you within the next few days to verify the agreement has been sent.

We appreciate this opportunity to respond to your complaint. We hope this will satisfy your concerns and that this matter will be considered resolved.

Respectfully,

Jared (Badge #1096)
    Quality Control,

2nd of May, 2007

Sorry, I meant to use your name Deirda. :)

• De
      8th of May, 2007

My fiancee had money stole from his account by this company... The crazy thing about this is they made a fraudulent check with his last name misspelled from the wrong bank...The only thing correct on this check was his bank account number... Not only is this company stealing but how dumb are the people at the bank to not notice that it said that the checking account belonged to a different bank... These people will pay!!!

10th of May, 2007

See our response to Ms. Smith's complaint here:

• Li
      15th of May, 2007
    Unified Services - These people must be shut down!

These jokers have called me several days in a row and I have politely asked them not to call. they again called me tonight and I said no thank you and please take me off their call list. this statement caused the cold caller to spew a string of obscenities at me.

These people must be shut down, they are violating the "No Call" rule.

• Ji
      16th of May, 2007

Dear Jared:

I am another unsatisfied customer. Recently the same thing happened to me: What use do I have for a free, note the word "FREE" bottle of hoodia, phone and internet service when I already have those things with my phone company. I have yet to receive anything from your company, let alone a rejection letter for a refund or a package telling me I had ten days to respond for cancellation.

$149 is a huge amount of money to be removing from someone's account for "Free" services and to do it over the phone when the customer has reminded the telemarketer over and over again that they are ill and could they call back at another time? Is it any wonder people are unhappy with telemarketers wishing they would go to another universe to abuse other consumer's trust. Derek #ID 60 was at least polite when I explained the situation and I mentioned that this matter was not and is not closed.

• Dh
      22nd of May, 2007

This company tried to get my routing numbers. I refused and am glad I did.

• Ro
      23rd of May, 2007

Need be hung by dong 775-678-5678 somewhere nevada

• Sc
      1st of Jun, 2007

I hate this damn company!!! They won't stop bugging me, and i am only 19!

7th of Jun, 2007

Jill,

We found your complaint against our company posted on https://www.complaintsboard.com.

Our company offers a free 3 day 2 night hotel stay and a complimentary Internet shopping spree. Additionally, we offer 10-day trials for three other services; long distance, internet and a weight loss supplement, which are also available to our customers.

Our trial offers are of exceptional quality and value. Our long distance program; Call USA is a calling card that can be used from any touchtone telephone. We offer unlimited calling anywhere in the United States and International calling to over 70 countries. Our service is a one-of-a-kind and is offered for only $23.97 a month.

The 2nd program we offer is for Internet service. Online Advantage offers unlimited high-speed dial-up Internet access to over 10,000 locations nationwide (great for traveling). We have one of the most competitive prices on the market at only $17.99 a month with no contract, so you can cancel when you like.

Our last program is for a dietary weight loss supplement called Ultra Thermo Boost 2000. Our product contains the safe natural weight loss ingredient, Hoodia. Our trial includes 20 pills which is a 10-day supply, absolutely free.

Each of our orders are recorded by a third-party verification company. We verify that each order is valid and that the customer did in fact agree to each trial. Additionally, when our customers agree to the trials, they are provided with each of the customer service numbers with which to cancel should they choose to do so before the end of their 10-day trial as not to be charged.

The only reason why you would have been debited is because you failed to cancel in the allotted trial time period. Our customer service center is open from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm Eastern Standard Time and over 90% of our calls are answered in less than 4 minutes.

Our company prides itself in our excellent customer service and the minimal amount of complaints we receive. If you are unhappy with the service you have received or we have made an error on your account please e-mail me directly and we will provide you with a full refund.

We hope that we can work out an amiable solution to your complaint. Please contact us at the e-mail address listed below.

Sincerely,

services.unified@gmail.com
    Customer Service (866) 904-7796

18th of Jun, 2007

These crack pots called me this evening. They all had American sounding names but HEAVY indian accents. They said over and over that I won something like a shopping spree or some crap. When we got to the checking account part I told them to take a hike. They called back and asked if I would speak with a manager. I help the line and told that clown the same thing. I will not give my account number out. They told me over and over that they could not and would not take any money from me. The said it can not be done without my authorization. I just kept saying no. they kept pestering me. I hung up again and they called back like 30 minutes later. they again asked if I would speak with another manager. I held again and this time they said it was only going to cost $1.98 for S&H of the prize pack.(I guess all the others were lying about it not costing a thing, they can not take money out of my account, and just needing the account number for ID verification!) What a bunch of scammers. Very persistent. I think they will screw old folks and others not so skeptical. BE ON THE LOOK OUT FOR THESE CROOKS!

• Ga
      21st of Jun, 2007
    Unified Services - Your complaints saved me

I receive a call from this company and I wasn't sure about it and I keep telling them No but they told me that I could call my banker and tell him that I gave my checking account number and a check for only 1.95, I gave them my information. I came and check in internet about this company and I found this site and we can stop them, I call my bank immediately and I cancel my account.

Thank you!

• Sy
      26th of Jun, 2007
    Unified Services - Maybe Verizon is selling contact information!

I am a verizon wireless customer and they called me on my cell phone. I was very angry, and he tried to make me feel guilty, saying that he is a person too. Then I insisted he tell me what company he was from and how he had gotten my number. If this is Verizon which is selling them this information, I am going to definitely raise a stink about it.

• So
      4th of Jul, 2007

Its not verison selling your contact info, i have t-mobile and the same thing happened to me! I filed a complaint with the BBB against unified services, and hopefully this matter will get resolved. I got scammed out of 149.80 just like everyone else, but the strange thing is, i don't understand how they got my bank information.

• Gm
      5th of Jul, 2007

These people have been calling my wife's cell phone and hassling her even though she said no on the first call. They have called several times initially caller id showed a toll free number, now when they call they are blocking their number so you don't know it's them. They're still calling, I'm wondering when they'll stop.

The BBB has this information on their company.

5940 S. Rainbow Blvd. Ste. 2007
    Las Vegas, NV 89118

Type of Entity: Corporation
    Principal : James Slemboski, President
    Phone Number: (866) 907-7796

BBB Membership: This company is not a member Type-of-Business Classification: Communication Services.

9th of Jul, 2007

I seem to be yet another person with this same issue. A woman from this so-called company called me at work 2 days ago and again today, persistently demanding, for their "promotional give-away," my checking account number and even social security number! When I refused to give it up to them, she gave the phone to another man who actually asked me what he could possibly do with this information. I was like, "Are you crazy? There's plenty that you could do," and I told them where to go with some choice words. And, like Chad above, I also found it interesting that they are obviously quite Indian, yet have generic American names such as Jennifer... I mean, seriously. When I got home from work and checked my voicemail the first night that they had called me, I had five blank voicemails from them! FIVE! I'm still a bit nervous though, because even though I didn't give them my checking account number or SSN, I don't know what they can do with just my name and address... hopefully nothing. Anyone have any knowledge as to whether or not I'll run into any more problems, besides continued phone calls? I'd appreciate any advice on what to do about the matter. Thanks!

• Ga
      10th of Jul, 2007
    Unified Services - Will not stop calling and offering scams

Unified Services calls my home every day and will not stop after daily requests to remove me from their call list. They say they are not selling anything, but they proceed to offer a "prize" (obviously a scam).