UMG Merchanttec / unauthorized decuction from account

1 330 WEst 23rd STreet Suite J, Panama City, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 850-769-3427

This company deducted $49.95 from my business checking account with no authorization for "software support". When I called the bank, the bank was unaware of them and suggested I call UMG MERCHANTTEC directly for explanation. This is a sham. They said they were given a "verbal" authorization to debit account which was not true. They could not produce any documentation of charges and would not give any information about their company other than P.O.Box listed below. A refund was promised, but certainly not guaranteed. I wish to pursue this further. Please let me know my options. The address and phone number for this is:

UMG Merchanttec
Post OFfice Box 68973
Schumburg, Illinois 60168
[protected]

Comments

• Mo
      9th of Feb, 2010

United Marketing Group Headquarters
    929 N Plum Grove RdSchaumburg
    IL 60173-4704
    (888) 326-7156

They're just another tentacle of United Marketing Group, LLC. The "doing business as" names most frequently showing up on consumers' debit and credit cards are: Simply Mine, My Advisor, and Buyer's Edge. The internet is rife with complaints about unauthorized charges from UMG. In the past, the complaints have been mostly about their "affinity marketing programs". This is where they have partnered up with other online companies to promote memberships in their buying clubs. They claim your personal information isn't passed on unless you authorize it, but their partners' phone reps are paid and evaluated on how many "memberships" they can produce.

The first complaints about UMG started showing up on the internet in mid 2004. Complaints describing the same scam you have just fallen victim to, date back to late 2008. In some of their website literature, they say 90% of all businesses in the US are considered small businesses. I think UMG was identifying their newest targets. They may be farming out the telemarketing you described, to smaller and even less ethical firms, thereby putting distance between themselves and any illegal activities. Here's how to reach their website: http://www.unitedmarket.com.

Another tip in dealing with UMG, they don't like it when you say you're ready to file complaints with your state and the IL Attorney General, the BBB, and the FTC. This usually results a full refund. Good luck.

28th of Apr, 2016

They scammed my husband and I!!!
    They have been taking out $49.95 since 2010!! We didnt even start our now business until 2013!!! UGH!!
    I filled a complaint everywhere I could think of!!
    And talked to a supervisor, which I am still talking to, she offered a 6 month refund! lol