Trs Recovery Services Inc / illegally collecting unowed debts?

Be Mar 16, 2013 Review updated:
Phone: 713-567-0499

On 3 / 10 / 13 i received a letter with ref#[protected] saying i owed $119. 76 ($94. 76 for a stop payment to amazon and $25. 00 nsf fee) . I don't dispute that i did originally owe this, as a matter of fact i paid it (Proof attached) with a bill pay check on 2 / 28 / 13 ref#1050280 from cole bank (My bank account) for $119. 76, then i got more letters. I faxed proof of payments (Also attached) and information that it was paid yet you sent me a notice in march again saying i owe it. Now i'm filing a mn atty general complaint against trs recovery services for trying to collect unowed debts.

Trs Recovery Services Inc

Comments

•   Mar 18, 2013

Contacting your attorney general will not stop them from harassing you. You sent them proof that the alleged debt they claim you owe doesn't exist. Any respectable collection agency would have stopped they second they had proof in hand...Fax them a cease and desist letter and retain the proof that is was sent successfully. Here is a sample of a cease and desist letter you can use...
    *******************************************
    Your Name
    Address
    City, State Zip

Debt Collector’s Name
    Address
    City, State Zip

Re: Account Number

Dear Debt Collector:

Pursuant to my rights under federal debt collection laws, I am requesting that you cease and desist communication with me, as well as my family and friends, in relation to this and all other alleged debts you claim I owe.

You are hereby notified that if you do not comply with this request, I will immediately file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission and the [your state here] Attorney General’s office. Civil and criminal claims will be pursued.
    **********************************

By law they must stop, but doesn't mean they will stop harassing you, but does provide you with proof that you told them to stop. Once you've faxed them this letter, go to www.naca.net. This site is a listing of attorneys that specialize in ### debt collectors like this. Consult with one of these attorneys in your area if the harassment continues after faxing the ceas and desist letter.