TimeLife.com / Slow shipping!

Took over a week to ship a package I ordered. Did not ship until I called the customer support. Package did not arrive in time for Christmas.

Comments

• B4
      24th of Dec, 2007

I ordered a Christmas CD on December 10th and did not receive it in time for Christmas. Shipping extremely slow. I emailed a complaint to the company and got no response.

• Ti
      29th of Dec, 2007

I agree with Melissa Smith. I ordered a product, took advantage of their express shipping so I can receive it in time for Christmas but it's had been more than a week now and I haven't received the product yet. I called their customer service but all they did is to tell me to wait for more days... boo!

10th of Jan, 2008

On December 24,2007 I responded to your TV ad BY calling to purchase THE MALT SHOP SERIES (CUSTOMER #00040608895) (order#0736100005364). The ad said that a booklet with all the words of the songs would be included as well as 5 Doo-op CDs. Today, I received the 10 CDs and a statment listing only the 10 CDs. Will I be getting the two missing items? If not then you have falsely advertised!

Secendly, I was extremely disappointed with calling your Customer Service. Initially, they said wait time was 1 minute. This was repeatedly said throughout the next 50 minmutes of my waiting on the phone. A recording also frequently said that we will be with you in a few minutes etc.

I do expect,as a customer, a response to this E-mail. Thank you for your attention to this matter.

16th of Jan, 2008

Terrible experience with Time Life!!! never will I order again from Time Life and I am sorry I ever ordered with them. Order placed 12/9 for Christmas. Got email on 12/17 saying package had just shipped. Called on 12/22 and was told package didn't ship until 12/14 -- Cancelled on phone and was told to tell postman "return to sender" and I would get credit. Postman brought package on 12/24 -- I refused it and told "return to sender." It is now 1/16/08 and still have not received my credit. I called and was told it would take 2-3 weeks. Since that time, I cannot get through on customer service phone line. I had the exact experience described in previous comment when calling customer support. I have tried every night this week with no success. I have sent 4 emails and gotten no response! How unprofessional. Regret doing business with them.

• Su
      7th of Feb, 2008

I have to agree that Time Life's customer service is deplorable. I ordered "70's Music Explosion" nearly a week ago and it still hasn't shipped. Tried contacting them via the Contact Us form on their site and got ignored, so I called..after an hour and 20 minutes on hold the jerks hung up on me..the line went dead. I called back, after another 45 minutes on hold they hung up on me again. Absolutely reprehensible and unacceptable!!

• Ad
      10th of Feb, 2008
    TimeLife.com - Cds order, but not shipped or received!
    TimeLife.com
    pobox4002011
    desmoines
    Iowa
    www.timelife.com

I wrote timelife to place an order for some of their collections of cds like the superstars of the 80s and ultimate love songs and the 70s music explosion collection. I asked them to send invoice with order, they haven't place the order for the cds! Beware people!

• Ar
      29th of Feb, 2008

I do not like that CD's are charged to my credit card
    without me agreeing to accept CD's. Discontinue my
    membership immeduately. I will have my bank void current credit card. Any CD's received from this datewill be considered a "GIFT"!!!

Arnold R. Reddick
    144 Lewis Drive
    Rincon, Ga. 31326
    Acct. # 00038159380

• Sh
      3rd of Mar, 2008

I also ordered a set of the Gospel Classics from TimeLife in Dec. 2007. I have been charged 9.95 for shipping and I haven't received any CDs. I had to cancel my credit card to stop them from charging 150.00 to it! Every time I call I never receive a straight answer. PEOPLE BEWARE!

22nd of Mar, 2008

Time Life is NOT legit! This company is a legal theif. I called to complain about not receiving a package that I oredered 1 month ago and the representative, from the Brownsville, Texas Center, put me on mute while claiming he was going to transfer me to a supervisor! DO NOT SHOP WITH TIME LIFE!...in a few years you will probably experience a fraud cases with them! STAY AWAY!!!

22nd of May, 2008

if everyone reads the fine print you would not be complaining. if it sounds to good to be true it is. and if u call into a customer service rep and are rude do not expect these people to go out of their way to help u. this is just a job for them just like u all have jobs. its ignorant people such as yourselves who ruin companies such as TimeLife. Pay attention to detail.

• Br
      28th of May, 2008

I ordered from timelife.com and paid for overnight shipping. Two weeks later no product, no tracking and couldnt even get an update by calling. I talked to the regular customer service after being on hold for 15 minutes and had to hold again for 20 minutes to speak to a supervisor. Jill was her name. If you order from them dont expect to get your product in the time frame that you paid for.

16th of Jun, 2008

You guys are idiots. Whether you order online, through the automated system or through a representative, it clearly states repeatedly that you will be receiving follow up cds for getting the first one at a discounted price. If you don't want follow ups you pay full price, its pretty simple. For those of you who claim that TimeLife charges your credit card without your authorization, it states it everywhere that the charge will be taken out every 3 weeks...on the internet before you order, through the automated system, through a representative and even on your invoice. And if you're trying to order something for a special occasion maybe you shouldn't wait until the last minute. :)

• Ji
      17th of Jun, 2008

Kitty obviously works for Time Life. For your information, ###, I was NOT informed that I would be automatically shipped additional CD's. If I had known that, I would have not placed the order. Another company that is pulling the same type of scam is Video Professor. I guess I shouldn't be surprised that TIME LIFE is a scam artist, since after all the organization is run by far left liberal loons.

• Vp
      18th of Jun, 2008

V.P. is eager to help our customers with their concerns. Please contact our Executive Customer Assurance Department directly at (800) 500-1183. You will be responded to within one business day.

• Op
      19th of Aug, 2008

I have tried to cancel my subscription for the past three months but they keep sending me another cd and charging my bank account $27.75 each month. Does anyone know how to cancel my account as i've already returned 3 cd's unopened, so they actually owe me $83.25 for the returned cd's. Thanks for any help, Opal Fowler wfowler6713@yahoo.com

• Ka
      15th of Sep, 2008

I ordered a dvd set from them last August 12, 2008, and still have received nothing. I called and they said wait til the 12th of September all the while still tryin to sale me other products. Today is the 15th of Sept. and still have recieved nothing. TIME LIFE CAN GO SUCK AN EGG!!!

7th of Nov, 2008

I made a one time purchase only, yet it seems that you are yet charging me. I have contacted my bank and changed my card and would like that you would refund the moneys' that you have debited out of my account. Also i would like to state the fact that i am no longer at the former address of 5310 monteith drive, Spring, Tx. 77373.

• Ru
      13th of Apr, 2009

it's very simple, every company is out to make profit, and to achieve this they use all sorts of marketing strategies, some are good for the company, some are not for customers. the rule here is simple, marketing strategies should benefit the companies but not harm customers, if customers are harmed by a company's marketing skills it's obvious it's not working well. All i'm trying to say here is Time life are using maketing strategies, i term as "cowboy strategies", to bully people into buying from them even when they don't need it. I am currently investigating time life (the one in uk) as they have mishandled me too regarding an order i made for a friend. They stepped on the wrong foot because my work is about bring companies and people like this to book.

My advice to all is that, read their terms and conditions, (this is what binds them legally to their customers) and see if what they did regarding your involvement with them is in breach of those rules and seek legal advice( be sure to have evidence), you could get compensation for an emotional or psychological harrasment.(if you can prove to any judge without reasonable doubt)

All the best.

13th of May, 2009

Ann Bell, I did read the fine print, and Kitty, I searched far and wide on the Time Life Australia website to ensure that the CD I was ordering was NOT part of a series. Nowhere did the site tell me that I would "be receiving follow up cds for getting the first one at a discounted price" -- let alone tell me "repeatedly". Nor did the confirmation email I received from Time Life tell me that.

I made the order on 16 November 2008, and delivery was promised within 28 days. It actually took exactly twice that time, and it was only when the package arrived and it contained two CDs that I found I was expected to purchase a series. Moreover, the price charged on the enclosed invoice was different from that quoted on the website and in the confirmation email ($35.90 when I was expecting $25.90). I returned the CDs, and asked that my order be cancelled and my account credited - letter one.

On 9 February I received a statement for $61.80 - up near double the amount charged on the original invoice, despite the fact that I had returned the initial two CDs for credit and had not received any further CDs. I wrote to Time Life again, explaining that I had returned the CDs and repeating my request to have my account credited - letter two.

Another few weeks passed...and on 10 March another statement arrived, this time showing $25.90 owing - $10.00 less than the original invoice. I wrote to Time Life again, repeating my advice that I had returned the CDs and asking again for my account to be credited - letter three.

Another month later...and yet another statement arrived on 1 April, still claiming that I owed $25.90. This time I decided to phone the customer service number instead of writing a letter. I waited on hold for five minutes before the call was suddenly terminated. I phoned again and, after a nine-minute wait, I was connected to an operator. He claimed there was no indication that the CDs had been returned or that my three letters had been received. I find it hard to believe that the package and the two subsequent letters - all addressed to Time Life's Sydney PO Box address - could go missing. Fortunately, the operator took my word at face value and agreed to credit my account. I then spoke to a supervisor. She apologised - which was nice - but the problem appears to have been created by Time Life's Sydney office, not the call centre (which was apparently in the Philippines). She assured me that my account had now been credited. I followed up with a further letter to the Sydney office, enclosing copies of the original confirmation email and all of my previous letters, and asking for confirmation in writing that my account balance was now $0.00 . It's now 13 May 2009, and so far I've not received any more statements. Nor have I received the requested confirmation.

Why did it take returned CDs, three letters, two phone calls, and almost three months to sort this out? If my experience is any indication, Time Life Australia's customer service is appalling, their attitude is arrogant, and they ignore their customers' concerns.

I will not be shopping at Time Life again. If anyone asks, I will advise them to stay well clear of this company.

• Wi
      15th of May, 2009

recieved for xmas 2008 the 10 cd set ultimate oldies collection only to find they show the wrong song names of the songs when played through your computer or ipod they did this purposely so you can;t copy there music and after many trys they won't change i so beware i will never do any business wiyh them again nore will my friends american companys want absoulte control of there products i buy very little theses days be cause company's in america don't care short warrantys the poorest of service and in many cases poor products buyer be ware