Thrive Learning Institute / scammed

1 UT, United States Review updated:

I GOT A REFUND AND YOU CAN TOO!

I have gotten a refund even after almost completing my web site!!! So it does not matter if you are a week or several months into it, you can get a refund too.

BEN THERE has already given you all the information you need to get a refund, but I wanted to reconfirm to everybody that the information he has posted will work as well as tell you my story, so that when you go through the process yourself you wont be tricked by their lies into accepting anything less than a full refund!!!

The two most important places to complain to are: 1) The Attorney General of Utah and 2) the Department of Commerce, Division of Consumer Protection.

It is also very important to send your complaints to the BBB in Utah, the FTC, the IC3, your credit card company and even the Attorney General of the United States to ensure these people are shut down for good and the laws that allow these scam artists to stay in business, are changed.

Please pay close attention to what I tell you next as the following info is very important for you to understand the inner workings of thrive and their associates' methods in dealing with your refund.

1) After your complaint has been received by the Attorney General's office, you will get a call from whatever company sold you the program, offering you half your money back. They will tell you this is their final offer...THIS IS A LIE. Do not believe this no matter what they say, and believe me, they will sound very convincing!!! They will tell you that any contract you have with them, be it verbal or written is legal and binding...this is NOT TRUE! Do not accept this offer.

2) The Attorney General will defer your complaint to the Division of Consumer Protection to be investigated. Once they have received your complaint, you will get another call from the company you purchased the program from, this time offering you 2/3 of your money back. You will go through the same procedure again and they will tell you that is the ceiling of what they are willing to offer. I cannot stress enough for you to not believe what they tell you...REMEBER, THEY ARE SMOOTH TALKERS! They will not offer you a full refund as their hope is that you will cave and sign on a lesser amount before they are forced to pay you in full by the division of consumer protection.

3) After this you need to contact the division of consumer protection (by phone preferably) again and let them know what has transpired and that you know your rights and be firm that you know these companies are committing FRAUD!
Do not be nasty about it, just stay firm in your conviction.
They will tell you that there is a possibility that your contract was legal and tell you that they will look deeper into your contract. Do not worry about this or let it get you down. They are just covering all their bases...after all their boss is the AG ! So stay calm and thank them for looking into your case personally and taking the time to talk to you.
I happen to know for a fact that they are currently swamped with complaints against Thrive and have entered into an agreement with most, if not all of the companies who have sold thrive's services.
This agreement is that they have to refund complaining clients in full or face the consequences.

4) Within a week, the division of consumer protection should be calling you back to tell you that you are being refunded all your money!!!

I would encourage everybody to visit this website: http://stop-telemarketers.midwestjournalpress.com/
This website contains all the information you need to know about the laws that Thrive and their sales floors' have broken. This site also has blogs almost daily against Thrive...very encouraging and inspiring !!!

Also, the article "Called Into Question" will give you ammunition when pleading your case to the Division of Consumer Protection.

If you any questions regarding the information I have provided, please do not hesitate to send me a message on here. I will check in periodically and get back to you as soon as possible.
The fight is not over with these scammers until they are shut down and the laws changed, otherwise if the individuals responsible are not held personally accountable, they will just keep going with a new company name and a new scam.
On the "stop telemarketers midwest journal" web site, you will find a legal petition to Shut down Thrive and change the laws. Please take the time to sign this as this is the only way we are going to slow down the vast ammount of scams that are taking over the internet.
I personally have found that I see a new scam everyday and it takes a lot of time, energy and knowledge to sort them out. There will always be scam artists out there, but maybe we can make a big difference in weeding them out!

Good luck to all of you and I know if you are persistent, YOU WILL GET YOUR MONEY BACK!!

Comments

• Lu
      24th of Jan, 2009

I paid full amount, I was misrepresented by what trriveli said theyn would do for me, Two days after I was
    phone by thriveli to pay by credit card, I asked for a refund, I was told that they would not refund
    my money back because we have a contract, I have been constanly emailing and phoning for a refund for Five (5) months and all I get is a run around by thriveli, Zack Bradshaw, Nicholes Johnson, and there coaches. I plan in filing a complaint with the BBB and Atorney General's Office of Utah, and any one else who will lissen or that can help put a stop to this scamming By thriveli.

I feel that I have been more than fair in waiting this long, to rteceive my money back, but to was
    it, I received a email from Taylor, that he was going to call me on tuesday at 11am, and I did not phone or have the courtesy to phone and apologize for not calling or given any explanation as to why.

I am very angry with thriveli I paid them $11, 350.00 up front and was told I would start making
    4-5.000 a month to pay my credit card back before its due, well like I ssid, every time I would ask
    for a refund I would get this run around that they would d o this and that . I also was promished a
    website which was encluded with my fees, and every time I would asked when is my website going
    to be constructed I would get an excuse that I have to pay $39.95 for Hosting fees before my website is constructed.

• Be
      9th of Jun, 2009

I have also been a victim of Thrive Learning Institute. I have paid them a total down of $1, 600.00 and owe them a balance of $4, 372.93. I joined up with them in February 13, 2009 and was told that everything was included in the price. That I would have training with the coaches for up to 3 - 6 months one on one and would have direct contact for 2 years. Kim Waggoner was a smooth talker. He told me that I would have all my money paid and making money within 30 days if I put in 10 hours a week. Well if you have done this program you know it takes alot more than that and around the end of March of 2009 I was calling the coaches for over a week with no return phone calls and I was very upset that no one was returning my calls. Finally April 3, 2009 Eric called me back and said they would no longer be talking to me on the phone that I had to do everything through E Library on live chat. Which is not what I was told in the beginning. And again the on April 8, 2009 live chat with Andrew, but I felt like I was being rushed and I never seemed to get the answers I was looking for when I did talk to the coaches. I would call and each time there was a different coach and no two are the same so you are spinning your wheels if you know what I mean. As I did more research to do this business everything was money. Everything was going to cost more money. Which I was not told when signing up with this company. I also had a merchant company calling me to set up an account for $10.00 a month and I told her I didn't even have the website up and running yet and she said I needed to set the account up first and I flat told her no. Also, I was paying $39.95 for a website per month that was not even up, which is included in the amount that I have mentioned. So I am telling you, that Mr Waggoner didn't even mention this till the very last sentence of our phone conversation when talking to him. I have contacted them but they will not give me a refund. I told him if he didn't give me a refund that I would report them and he said I was just like all the rest of the idots on the internet that can't do anything about it. He said they will give me a couple months credit and work more closely with me now and that there is nothing I can do about it. He said when they contact him he will tell them that I wasn't willing to accept his offer. So What I would like to know is how these people get away with this and sleep at night? They are not doing an honest business. I would like more information on that class action law suit if anyone has it.

17th of Jun, 2009

Cut and paste the below to put in your compaint to the FTC, BBB, FBI, Utah Division of Consumer Protection, Utah Attorney General, US Attorney General, etc. etc. Also go to
    and buy something from the guy - he paved the way.

AND DON'T FALL FOR THIS AGAIN! (talking to myself here)

The company did not provide, in writing, a description of what is involved in the program. Following is copied from the “Agreement” :
    A. TRADE SECRET PRODUCTS AND/OR SERVICES: In exchange for the consideration of $12, 295.00 (USD), THE USER shall receive the following custom designed trade secrets, products and/or services:
    Unlimited reactive training
    Ebay Training
    Research Tool
    Lister Tool
    Lightwave Web Builder with shopping cart
    SEO marketing package
    Business toolkit 4.1
    No further description was provided prior to signing, of these items.
    The product and/or service is not as advertised. Training was advertised as "trade secrets" and “custom designed” but actually is common knowledge and readily available on the internet, often for free.
    The company used unethical sales practices. The sales scripts say "you should make your money back in 60-90 days" and convince people to use Other People's Money, which is their credit card. Sales reps are trained to make people feel bad about themselves, hype them up about their dreams, and then tell them they have to qualify and be invited aboard. Truth is they'll sell anyone with a credit card.
    Almost every technique known in the “Psychology of Persuasion” was used. The main one that led me to believe it was real was that “we normally charge more for this service, but we feel you are such a good candidate, that we will give you a lower price in return for your agreement to use your name and success story in future advertising.”
    The identity of the actual company providing the product and/or service was not clear. Initial contact was from "Momentum Marketing" and the other company names, Thrive Learning Center and Success Training, intentionally obfuscated so as to make research on the company difficult or meaningless.
    A Refund Policy is not presented on the www.thriveli.com or www.thrivelearninginstitute.com website.

18th of Jun, 2009

Also see:

The Utah telemarketing scam ring - Thrive Learning Institute, Colton Moody

19th of Jun, 2009

Bendy,

Here is a web address for the class action lawsuit.

Thrive Learning Institute is a scam outfit alright. I was reading on one of their blogs how they don't do the sales calls, it's the sellers who make all the promises. Why do they stay involved with all of them then? They want to look so innocent, but they are an accomplice, a subordinate to the crime.

If I were you I would not pay them another dime and write your story and what has happened to you and send it to the Attorney General's office in Utah. They need to be inundated with all these criminal happenings. If we sit back and let the misrepresentation keep on as it is, then they just hurt more and more people.

Get your story on as many complaint boards you can find. Have you been on:

This is a terrific site, lots of links and great information. He was scammed like us all from Thrive Learning Institute too. Go figure!

Go to the FTC and find the FTC laws on Telemarketing. I'm sure you will find some, your call center salesperson deceived you into buying their plan. Remember Thrive Learning is an accomplice and if they took your money then they have to deliver.

They try to offer you this and that, but they have no intention to give you what you need. Give them no more of your money because if you keep working with them, they will only steal more. You should be so lucky you only gave them some of your money. Some of us paid our credit card who sided with them because they were willing to provide the services. What a JOKE! Citi card told me that mastercard rule says, if the merchant is willing to provide the services they can't reverse the charges.

How sick is that? In the meantime look for law they broke. And start a blog and do lots of posts.

There is sunshine after the rain.

Judy

20th of Jun, 2009

Hi Kona,

I fell for the garbage from Infusion Media in like manner. Maybe we all did. What a lesson to learn to say the least.

Thrive Learning Institute wants you to believe they are the innocent party of this whole ordeal, but how about accomplice or subordinate to crime? I say that fits. One does not separate one from the other.

Have you filed with the MN Attorney General and even the US Attorney General's office in Wash. DC, our state Senator and Representative? I think they need to know this is happening to us innocent people here in MN.

Copy and paste this link in your web browser. This is basically how I got involved with this whole deceptive scheme. But the Texas Attorney General is on top things.

Telemarketers who are scammers and con artists live in darkness and hope no one finds out about their schemes so...

Let your light shine! Let's bring 'em out!

Judy

Thanks Judy!

The problem I kept falling into is that I thought that Thrive WANTED to have a meaningful conversation with me about their complaint. THEY DON'T. All they want is for you to admit that you do not want, need, or deserve a refund.

Let me be very clear.

Bottom line: They will do or say WHATEVER IT TAKES to get and keep your money.

DON'T GIVE UP! Sign the petition at

Also go to

• Ds
      22nd of Jun, 2009

Where do you find the information from Ben There or have you included all of the information in your comments above? Thank you.

• Cm

Hi,

I have posted every thing I did to get a refund.
    Ben There got a refund but had to take his site down as part of the deal...no worries though, someone else has started one and you can also access a petition we have started from that site.
    The web address is: http://stop-telemarketers-scams.blogspot.com/

Hope this helps :)

• Be
      22nd of Jun, 2009

Thank you so much Judy for the information. I will go and check out the information that you have provided. I am having a hard time seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. This has been a nightmare!!!

23rd of Jun, 2009

Hi BendyC,

Now I just sent my letter to the Utah Division of Consumer Protection in Utah. Please send your letter now because it's like my story. They don't provide the services, then they try to pretend they want to work with you by giving you all the stuff over again, when they didn't do it in the first place.

Thrive doesn't have a cancellation policy posted on their website and I believe that's FTC rule.

I am going to mail the same stuff I mailed to the UT Division of Consumer Protection to the UT AG tomorrow. I mailed: A small letter to the AG telling why I am writing and asking him for his help to look into this matter on my behalf, how I would like to see this kind of deceptive trade practices cleaned up on behalf of unsuspecting souls who want to live in truth and trustworthiness, thank him for doing this for me. Then my story how I even got into this mess and what has happened and all the pertinent papers or forms you have on this matter. What happened to me with merchant services and what info. 2 people told me in account closures at IMAX. Were you billed by IMAX? If so call account closures and tell your story and see if they tell you about Thrive and how it's been happening to lots of other people who don't have a business and no website. Use that info. get their names and date talked with them. Ask if you can use their info. in reporting.

Talk about a scam.

Think of Thrive Learning as a wheel hub and at the end of the spokes, are the telemarketer sales floors. They all feed Thrive Learning. If they get too much traffic coming into Thrive they can't provide what the sales floor says, or they purposely don't want to and only pretend. People know they're cheated and complain only to be told...no refund. Most people fall dead and don't do anymore to even try and recoup their money. And Thrive Learning and the sales floor come out "smelling like a rose" on stolen money. It's racketeering at best. The sales floors and Thrive are working together, but they try to make you think they are separate. But Thrive turns around and says it's the sales floor who make the promises. Hey, if Thrive wanted to come clean they wouldn't keep working with them, ya think???

Here's a quote right off Thrive's website.
    Various sales floors hand over their clients and Thrive offers top of the line coaching to them. We know that's bunch of crock!!!

So get your letter together NOW! Because it will be in there right with mine and the more publicity to this matter the better.

Keep your light shining!!!

25th of Jun, 2009

Yeah, I heard a lot of bad things about Thrive Learning Insitute.

See: http://www.work-at-home-forum.com/14_8845_0.html

• Mo
      1st of Jul, 2009

Hi Luis sign this petition http://www.gopetition.com/online/27433/sign.html

5th of Jul, 2009

Please message me to join me in stopping these people.

14th of Jul, 2009

Hey !! Im not alone here !! I thought I was the only one of the thrive Students that couldn't make me any money. Thrive Learning took $4, 000 of my money and left me out to dry! Do any of you think there is a serious chance that we could get our money back? If so, let me know. We would really have to rally together on this one to make enough noise, I suppose. Thrive Learning is a scam ! And is it just me or is there never anyone available to do the live chat?
    Joe M.

• Mi
      20th of Aug, 2009

Hi guys I just want to let everyone know Thrive has changed their name to www.internetpowersellers.com same stupid scam.

• El
      27th of Aug, 2009

I gave them $17, 000.00 a year ago, and I've seen very little return. Finally made two sales this week, and made $20.00 after hiring another firm to help me. I'm paying $500.00 per month on my credit card trying to pay back the money. The stress has been so bad, I became very ill and had to retire on disability. I receive $1, 500.00 per month from disability, so things are very hard. They had me pay for a tax man who was useless, and I even liquidated my IRA account, and submitted to a company they recommended. Now I'm sick and broke.

Elizabeth Kelly RNHoneyDu@msn.com

• Ro
      23rd of Sep, 2009

Need to shut these scammers down, but not likely!

• Wh
      22nd of Oct, 2009

what do i put on the complaint form to the Utah Division of Consumer Protection?

• Mi
      10th of Nov, 2009

Put that you were misrepresnted with the whole program and many false statemants were made. All the laws they broke in doing so, I filed with them too.I'm still trying for a refund myself. when and who got you into this? Try not to beat your self up, as i did, not even having an appitite to eat for many months. It made me sick on how i could fall for this. We must stop them!!!