Thrive Learning Institute / scammed
I GOT A REFUND AND YOU CAN TOO!
I have gotten a refund even after almost completing my web site!!! So it does not matter if you are a week or several months into it, you can get a refund too.
BEN THERE has already given you all the information you need to get a refund, but I wanted to reconfirm to everybody that the information he has posted will work as well as tell you my story, so that when you go through the process yourself you wont be tricked by their lies into accepting anything less than a full refund!!!
The two most important places to complain to are: 1) The Attorney General of Utah and 2) the Department of Commerce, Division of Consumer Protection.
It is also very important to send your complaints to the BBB in Utah, the FTC, the IC3, your credit card company and even the Attorney General of the United States to ensure these people are shut down for good and the laws that allow these scam artists to stay in business, are changed.
Please pay close attention to what I tell you next as the following info is very important for you to understand the inner workings of thrive and their associates' methods in dealing with your refund.
1) After your complaint has been received by the Attorney General's office, you will get a call from whatever company sold you the program, offering you half your money back. They will tell you this is their final offer...THIS IS A LIE. Do not believe this no matter what they say, and believe me, they will sound very convincing!!! They will tell you that any contract you have with them, be it verbal or written is legal and binding...this is NOT TRUE! Do not accept this offer.
2) The Attorney General will defer your complaint to the Division of Consumer Protection to be investigated. Once they have received your complaint, you will get another call from the company you purchased the program from, this time offering you 2/3 of your money back. You will go through the same procedure again and they will tell you that is the ceiling of what they are willing to offer. I cannot stress enough for you to not believe what they tell you...REMEBER, THEY ARE SMOOTH TALKERS! They will not offer you a full refund as their hope is that you will cave and sign on a lesser amount before they are forced to pay you in full by the division of consumer protection.
3) After this you need to contact the division of consumer protection (by phone preferably) again and let them know what has transpired and that you know your rights and be firm that you know these companies are committing FRAUD!
Do not be nasty about it, just stay firm in your conviction.
They will tell you that there is a possibility that your contract was legal and tell you that they will look deeper into your contract. Do not worry about this or let it get you down. They are just covering all their bases...after all their boss is the AG ! So stay calm and thank them for looking into your case personally and taking the time to talk to you.
I happen to know for a fact that they are currently swamped with complaints against Thrive and have entered into an agreement with most, if not all of the companies who have sold thrive's services.
This agreement is that they have to refund complaining clients in full or face the consequences.
4) Within a week, the division of consumer protection should be calling you back to tell you that you are being refunded all your money!!!
I would encourage everybody to visit this website: http://stop-telemarketers.midwestjournalpress.com/
This website contains all the information you need to know about the laws that Thrive and their sales floors' have broken. This site also has blogs almost daily against Thrive...very encouraging and inspiring !!!
Also, the article "Called Into Question" will give you ammunition when pleading your case to the Division of Consumer Protection.
If you any questions regarding the information I have provided, please do not hesitate to send me a message on here. I will check in periodically and get back to you as soon as possible.
The fight is not over with these scammers until they are shut down and the laws changed, otherwise if the individuals responsible are not held personally accountable, they will just keep going with a new company name and a new scam.
On the "stop telemarketers midwest journal" web site, you will find a legal petition to Shut down Thrive and change the laws. Please take the time to sign this as this is the only way we are going to slow down the vast ammount of scams that are taking over the internet.
I personally have found that I see a new scam everyday and it takes a lot of time, energy and knowledge to sort them out. There will always be scam artists out there, but maybe we can make a big difference in weeding them out!
Good luck to all of you and I know if you are persistent, YOU WILL GET YOUR MONEY BACK!!
More Thrive Learning Institute Complaints & Reviews
- Thrive Learning Institute - Can not get money back 
- Thrive Learning Institute - Misled 
- Thrive Learning Institute - Misleading Internet Business Scam 
- Thrive Learning Institute - Scammed me and took $6625 
- Thrive Learning Institute - BIG SCAM
- Thrive Learning Institute - did not get what was promised
- Thrive Learning Institute - Scam 
- Thrive Learning Institute - Scammed out of thousands 
- Thrive Learning Institute - No refund for breech of contract 
- Thrive Learning Institute - Did not get what was promised