Thrive Learning Institute / did not get what was promised

1 Salt Lake City, Utah, UT, United States

January 23, 2009 momentum marketing connected us, charles and wilma kaighen, to thrive learning institute which promised to coach and provide educational videos and training for an on-line business. They promised we would profit enough in 6 months time to pay off our debt. We were charged $15, 200.00 (Now I see that everyone was charged a different price!). We had good credit and had 2 credit cards with zero balance at the time. They took advantage of that for sure! I received very little coaching during the first 3 weeks, then... I was "on my own" to figure out what to do. With that much debt to pay off... I was in trouble! I was also paying $39.95 a month for their lightwave website builder. I began getting calls from other companies who told me that they could help my website be more professional for a fee. I was already drowning in the debt and felt so afraid. I studied the "agreement" and found that they would not give a refund and that I could not sue them for a refund! I felt trapped for sure! I focused my attention on working harder... To get this business to work... After 2 years of trying... I had only made 1 small sale to one of my sisters. This was a disaster! I decided to drop the website (That would save me at least $39.95 a month!) and then focused my energies on getting the huge debt paid off. I have often wished something could be done about this! I now see that many others have suffered as well. I am looking at the "agreement" right now... It says, warranty "we fully expect all of our clients to recoup their full initial investment inside of 6 months. If for some reason it is not recouped, we will continue to work with the user until they recoup their initial investment." that did not happen! I attempted to log in to my user account on thriveli.com to access the e-library... And I cannot log in. That was supposed to be available to me for the rest of my life! I was wanting to get some kind of benefit from this great debt! If there is any way of getting even a portion of my money back, I would be so grateful! 15 thousand dollars is a lot of money to pay for nothing! This all happened at a bad time... I was hoping to help my daughter with her college, but instead became so "strapped financially" that she was not able to do more than 1 year of college. I have the "agreement", but do not know how to send that to you all... Or if I need to... Let me know if there is anything more I need to provide.

El