Thomas Hardy

Posted: Jun 7, 2017 by

thomas hardy rental scam

I was emailed by a "Thomas Hardy" on june 5 2017 at 4:59 pm after i posted a kijiji ad looking for an apartment i. Almonte ontario. He claimed he was an oncologist and that he graduated from St.Georges University of London. In the uk. He sent pictures of the unit. Didnt tell us the address asked us to write a kijiji ad for his wifes other rental in ottawa. We did reverse searches and found the pics were stolen from air bnb and another vacation tental site for condos in toronto. Of course we knew it was too good to be true for $750 a month. We found out thomas hardy was a novelist that wrote romanticism and poetry. He died in 1928 or something. The scammers email is romancer4w@gmail.com. i emailed to confront him with screenshots of what i found. No communication now. His phone number that he gave me is [protected] a toronto area code.

Thomas HardyThomas HardyThomas HardyThomas HardyThomas HardyThomas HardyThomas HardyThomas HardyThomas HardyThomas HardyThomas Hardy

Complaint comments Comments (10)    Updated: Complaint country Canada Complaint category Apartments Rental

Comments

A  13th of Jul, 2017 by    0 Votes
Just happened to me to! He sent the EXACT same images and he was going by the name Terry Walsh in Guelph! I'm so glad you posted this because I couldnt find a way to disprove it till I reverse searched one of the photos and came across this! Thank you!
N  14th of Aug, 2017 by    0 Votes
@Tanaika Bisschop Same thing to me, he used the name Curtis Adams
A  22nd of Jul, 2017 by    0 Votes
Same thing happened to me as well. He was going by the name Curtis Adams and claimed to be a surgeon from London UK. Thought something was off right away but played along and gave him bogus information when asked to fill out an application. He wanted me to send a deposit through a third party company and the company would send me a copy of the lease and the keys to the "apartment". Just did a reverse Google image search on one of the photos he sent me and it brought me to this site.
A  2nd of Aug, 2017 by    0 Votes
THANK YOU . OMG I FIND IT SKETCHY AND HE WAS DRAGGING THE THIRD PARTY COMPANY IN and I feel like I should search his phone number and I got this. He called himself as John Edmonds and he said the exact same thing .

N  20th of Aug, 2017 by    0 Votes
I got an email from this guy after he posted this apartment on Kijiji! He was going by Dave Aspen in London, Ontario and gave the number 1-807-788-7214 (email aspen01101@gmail.com). I thought it would be too good to be true! Thanks for the warning!
N  29th of Oct, 2017 by    0 Votes
Oct 27, 2017 - Thank you guys for these posts. Just started inquiring about one of his adds. Seemed too good to be true so I did an image search and found these comments! He was posting for an apartment in Guelph Ontario (Quebec Street). Using the name Timothy Baird. Email (me0144tb@gmail.com). Phone number (807) 788-7214. and again posted on Kijiji. I added all the images he used in this post...

N  5th of Jan, 2018 by    0 Votes
I got this exact message but he called himself "Martin Smith", he said he and his wife were the owners of the apartment. The apartment was apparently located in Surfers Paradise, QLD (Australia). He had an ad on Gumtree titled "GLKN Broadbeach Gold Coast Hospital 2+1, study room apt (Laycock Street, SURFERS PARADISE QLD 4217)" which I sent an email about, asking if it was still available. He replied a few days later (photos attached). A few of these photos were similar (bathroom, green bed, laundry) but kitchen and living photos were of a different apartment. Silly me replied back asking if it's possible to view the apartment, obviously i'm waiting for an excuse reply back! Luckily I didn't fill out any application or give him any personal details. His email address is marmith49@gmail.com

A  11th of Jan, 2018 by    0 Votes
do not trust the email marmith49@gmail.com 6477942066
he claimed to be martin smith a doctor in the UK his apartments he was renting was less than 1000
he claimed to need help with ads selling his wifes apartment i searched for the hospital he claimed for work at and no one with his name works there
please dont fall for the scam he asks for family pictures but i believe he uses that to send to other people
his application was not a normal application only asked name number current address and family photo
based off that he said i was a perfect candidate
do not fall for the scam
N  11th of Jan, 2018 by    0 Votes