The National Board of Professional and Ethical Standards / Low quality education provider

3 3101 SW 34th Ave., #905 PMB 427 Ocala, FL. USA 34474United States Review updated:

Do not get confused with the name. "The National Board of Professional and Ethical Standards" is not an accredited board, but just a small little house situated in Florida and run by an un-professional, un-ethical, stubborn old clown named Brady. This "Board" offers low quality home-study courses in Hypnosis.

Brady claimed that his institute is the best hypnosis school in the US, because the school has 11 directors, include an ex-college dean (from where? get expelled from previous job?) and an ex-police man (is a school considered the best if having an ex-policeman as a director?). However, the real fact is, 10 out of the 11 directors are all sleeping directors with no true power at all. Brady (the chief director = dictator) makes the decisions based on his wishes for most of the things without any discussions with the other sleeping directors.

The home-study courses provided are very simple and low in quality, although he labeled his courses with grand name like "Advance Certification", "Master Certification". All course materials are "home-made", printed with bubble jet printer with comb-binding. There is only one course material (i.e. one home-made book) for each course. Contents are written in simple words and cover only general topics which you may easily found from the internet.

Most of the students complaint about the school's poor services and poor student support. If you have any problems in the study, there is no assistance available. Upon received your money, he will forget what he had promised to you earlier. You have no right to give any suggestions or request for any improvement, because he will give you all the harsh words. Of course, you will never get your money back!!

Comments

• To
      12th of Jun, 2010

I strongly agree. I too discovered the truth about The National Board of Professional and Ethical Standards after spending almost three years with them and tons of money. Mr. Brady is giving Hypnotherapy a bad name in my opinion and the complaints are mounting against "The Board". I would never do business with them again. I could go into tremendous detail of my experiences, but to my understanding he also offers training to be a security guard so he might send someone after me. Please do your homework before giving him your credit card.

• Ho
      21st of Jul, 2010

In short, I too was robbed and harrassed by them. I placed a complaint with all I could think of in hopes for help and could not get anywhere due to their incrediable ability/talent to lie. I hope that with the increase of complaints, NBPES will be shut down and forced to refund all their $$ as well as my hard earned $500.00.

25th of Jan, 2011
    Best Best Advice +4 Votes

Very disappointed student.
    I too have been a student with NBPES, however my on hands instructor was a bonafide teacher and taught hypnosis professionally in Europe and the US I was privileged to have this wonderful and learned person. However, when it came time for me to get my certificate directly from NBPES they never have followed through with it. After e-mail, letters and even this great instructor was in contact with them they lent a deaf ear . I have been on a quest since September 2010, just to get my certificate. I even went to the trouble of sending them a self addressed stamped large envelope along with a business letter plus a return request from the post office as well...sure they got the mailing, but have never so much as called or sent the certificate. I think I am done with these people. This has been a real disappointment and I also believe this is giving hypnosis training a bad reputation...

• Th
      3rd of Mar, 2011

I am yet another victim of this school as well, but I am going to fight them. I put into small claims board today in Florida. I live in Claifornia. I WANT my money back. If any of you want to help me in this fight please join me. I am not going to lose $1700 to this group for the sincerely unprofessional and rude behaviour by Dr Brady. I sent assignments, they never received them. I have missing material, never received it. Apparently I made one of the secretaries ill and this is the first complaint in 16 years according to Dr Brady ever to be brought up. Please get behind me and help me with your scenarios, so I may take them as evidence with me in court.

• Ga
      11th of Jul, 2011

I too have had the same experience as all the above, I am willing to fight them as well how do we do it?

25th of Sep, 2011

Hi ti all
    You all are 100% right.These people are so cheap, even I lost my hard earned money.Within 10 days of purchase I asked them for refund but they told lies that 10 days have passed and refused to refund money.I am with u all if u wanna fight against them.Just let ma know what can we do?
    Thanks
    Rakesh
    totallyrelax@gmail.com

26th of Sep, 2011

I agree. I wrote a letter of my experiences to the Florida Board of Continuing Education and they served them a notice of non-compliance. This only adds the complaints but does not shut them down. The list of truthful facts are growing against them. I hope something can be done.

• Da
      11th of Jan, 2012

My name is Dave Chesson and I don't hide behind bloggers who do not identify themselves. Anyone who has a legitimate complaint would and should use their proper name and email address or be discounted immediately for what it is, garbage.

I have known Dr. Brady for 37 years. I can tell you for a fact that he is as honest as the day is long, he is also the hardest working man I have ever met, as is evidenced by his long hours and complete dedication of 9-9 365 days a year. Now I know what you will say I work for him or I am paid by him or the National Board but neither would be true. I am the President of The Better Business Council and have been since the 1980's and Dr. Brady has sat on my council, unpaid of course, for 15 years now. I know his business dealings personally and have witnessed many. I also provide, at no cost to NBPES, free security during their conventions, anyone having attended one will remember me, the x Marine. I have also been a member of the National Board for about 12 years now.

I am very distressed at the lies told here on this blog. I called Dr. Brady when I found this and he was unaware of this blog. Mostly due to his and NBPES impeccable reputation it has enjoyed over 18 years now. There have been zero law suits, zero unanswered complaints and more than 10, 000 happy students. The one thing I learned over the years in dealing with consumer complaints and we deal with thousands a year, is that you cannot make everyone happy no matter what you do or say, just a known fact is all. This represents a very small, tiny fraction of their total students. He is also one man and only one man of about 10 or 11 professionals including a dean of Columbia University several well known Doctors, Pyschologists and a police chief just to mention a few that make up the National Board. He is also semi retired as of several years ago and so his input is very small at this point, but you have to address your anger at someone so why not him, does not really matter if he personally did anything to you or not, I get it.

One wrote that its run out of a little house, let me correct this lie as well, its 15, 500 sq ft complex on 24A and anyone going there would not write such garbage.

We all know that you can write anything you want to make up to try and hurt ones good reputation and thats why the vast majority of people with a brain don't read or for that matter give credence to these type of complaints. There is of course no recourse or way to make these people happy and thats because they only want to hurt the great name of Dr. Brady and all of the good works he has done during his long life and the good works of the National Board.

I would like to note for the record that Dr. Brady received the President's 2010 President's Lifetime Achievement Award, yes a real bad guy in deed! Get a life and learn to tell the truth.

Also for the record there is one nut case from Indonesia "M. Okalene" that started this blog and others as well. He did not get a certification from NBPES and so he filled 19 complaints total of which each and every one was won by NBPES, of course he does not mention this known fact. He only stirred up friends of his to write this garbage to make the board look bad but the truth is that the state of Florida found for the Board and the actions it took to protect the general public by NOT certifying this wacko and this is how he is trying to get even.

Don't believe what you read, check it out first and see the real truth!

• Nb
      13th of Jan, 2012

We just learned about this blog and want to respond to it right away. We at the National Board work VERY hard to make each and every customer happy, thus the 18 hour days 365 days a year. We have an ethics committee that consists of outside people who are not payed or influenced by us in any way. They are in essence a private review board where any member can bring a complaint against any member or NBPES itself and it will be reviewed and an impartial determination is reached and is binding on the board. This was set up by our former leader Dr. Brady who sat as a judge for two 5 year terms and so he recommended this to the board to prevent this type of problems. However there has not been a single complaint taken to the review board in 3 years so all of the complaints listed here never used the system set up to prevent this type of problem. So the question we have is who's fault is it? One must use the system set up to help with ANY complaint.

Also there has never been a law suit against NBPES in the 18 years we have operated. Tonya and Doc or Dr. Brady no longer run the National Board and are only consultants as needed. it is now and has been for some time run by a lady by the name of Lucy.

We know and understand that no matter how hard you work there will always be someone that you cannot make happy. Out of tens of thousands of students there is only a few complaints. This is a great record but its not perfect and we do strive for prefection. Therefore any of these individuals who believe they have been wronged we would love to try and make them happy. Please contact us at your earliest convenience to see if we can accomplish that.

It needs to be said that the one who started this blog and other blogs as well is a mentally deranged man in Indonesia, we cannot make happy as we will not certify anyone who is found to be mentally unstable as we owe this to the general public. Its a decison Dr. Brady made and the state of Florida agreed with and we stand by.

We do recognize two names on this blog and so we will now respond two both of their blogs. One Mary Jean Cole was not and is not a student of ours. We did not do business with her or take any of her money so she can complain all she wants but its all lies. She was trained by a center who offers our courses in Tavares, Florida not by us, she has NO legitimate complaint against us in any way, shape or form.

The next one we reconize as there were only two who used their real names not some made up name to hide behind, why would you do that if you are telling the truth?

Second is a man by the name of Rakesh and he did not renew his membership for sometime and then called to do more business and he was told that he would have to renew first, of course we are a membership not for profit organization so of course you have to be a member to do business. He got mad and hung up. now he is blogging that we somehow took him when the exact opposite is true, he owes us. However will will give him a free membership for one year just to make him happy. Again above and beyond what anyone else would do.

One of these unknown bloggers said we "Robbed her" this of course is a lie or she is not smart enough to know what a robbery is. It is taking money or belongings of another by force. How ###ed to make such a statement in the first place.

Now, we want to take this opportunity to make a public apology to these bloggers and ANYONE else who may feel, right or wrong, that somehow they did not get what they expected to get. We are sincerely sorry and will make every effort to always bend over backwards to please all members, at all times.

The National Board has always enjoyed an impeccable reputation and we would be happy to compare it to any other school, company, college or university and we will come out on top. For support, for price and for quality of education and this is why we offer award winning courses at a very low cost. We started as # 33 board in 1994 and within 5 years we were #1 hypnosis organization in the world and we have held that position since, so we must be doing something right, wouldn't you agree?

Anybody who has any kind of complaint can call toll free or write to us and we will do everything in our power to make you happy. We only want happy customers. Thank you,
    NBPES Board of Directors

• De
      18th of Feb, 2012

I don't know where (or if) "24A" is in Ocala, Fl.. However, I do know the address used by this so-called "National Board" -- i.e., 3101 SW 34th Ave., #905 PMB 427 Ocala, FL. USA 34474 -- is merely a drop box at a UPS Store in Ocala, Call me cynical, but I rather doubt this outfit's dinky little PMB ("private mail box") is a 15, 500 square ft. complex.

• Di
      18th of Feb, 2012

My name is Dick Lynch and I have been to two of their conventions on the large piece of land with several buildings. I have taken their education and found it to be real good at a great price. Before I did I checked them out and they are fully accredited by the oldest accreditor in the US. Its all real, where they choose to get their mail maybe different, so what? Its so easy to run someone down that you don't know anything about. Instead of listening to idiots with an agenda why don't you go see it for yourself that's why there are conventions with pictures of the conventions and the people who attend them including me, on their web sites. I have been a member for 5 years and during that time I have bought 5 courses all where good and support was fantastic. Dick, NH

• Cc
      10th of May, 2012

Brady is an unethical bully. His "course" is unprofessional with too many editing errors to list! I requested a refund of the first installment of $250(100% satisfaction guaranteed or refund given said the ad) and he not only refused to refund my money, but threatened me with court action and stated that he would ruin my credit if I did not pay the second installment of $250. He claimed the reason I would not pay this second installment was because I was a "deadbeat." The only way to save my credit at this point was to take him to court myself. At the time, his home-base was in Deland, FL and one call to that local police department and I found a cop who had dealing with Brady and called him a "snake." Brady tried to get me to drop this lawsuit...claimed he was a non-profit organization. In the end, I did prevent my credit from being destroyed, but he NEVER showed up for court in Gainesville, FL. Brady, if you are reading this, the judge in Gainesville ordered you to refund my $250! Of course, I never got it...this man is a THIEF and the worst person I have ever attempted to do business with in my life...DO NOT give this man one penny. Carol Hunter PS Does anyone know his first name...is it Dennis...does anyone know if he's still in business in 2012?

• Ba
      15th of Dec, 2013

This is a mix of comical if not pathetical poppycock. Dr. Brady has been involved in helping people since I first meet him at a New Hampshire Seminar in late 80's. He goes out of his way to help in any way he can. In fact he has been spending all his spare time in opening medical support facilities for those who could not afford the high cost of Insurance! in doing that, spending a fortune building a system to help people get free or low cost medical services, a system built with volunteers and medical practicing students. Who does that? To hear falsifications against a man who does everything in his power to inspire those who are in low self esteem, advance their medical knowledge and understandings, offer opportunity to entrepreneurs, enhance life's of others. Everything he touches is propitious for others. He wrote a national distribution book called the "The Power of Positive Thinking" and other self help books. I am astonished of the slander bestowed unto Dr. Brady, it is unfounded and distasteful and very unprofessional. Through I am retired and not part of the internet world of interaction this had come to my attention through the grapevines of other professionals in the medical world too busy putting out fires who occasionally find time for emails, unlike me, so I had to see this myself.
    It is unbelievable, people take the time to create untrue substance and manipulate its contents for personal revenge or gain. It is dishearten to read the slander and mendacity others are bent on taking short cuts and advantage of high speed internet consonance to inflict personal damaging infliction is immoral and unethical. I hope Dr. Brady catches this onslaught from criminally minded lowlifes in a timely manner, and that he responds with a legal ramifications to pacify this insanity of injustice unto those who inflict them that they wished they took a more professional approach to their mixed version of their distorted analysis of the facts.

21st of Feb, 2014

Dave Chesson wrote: What I want to say is 99% of what is written here is c***, like no accreditation. They are accredited by the oldest educational organization in the US, The Amerian Association of Higher Education out of Washington, DC. It does not get any better than that, period.

What Mr. Chesson fails to point out is that not only is the American Association for Higher Education and Accreditation NOT a government regulatory agency, they are a private business that accredits things such as "home schooling certification". Their executive director Ken Rabac has "degrees" from diploma mills Western Governors Universtiy and a couple Caribbean schools. He has the balls to refer to himself as "Dr." kind of like Brady does. Oh, and Brady's wife, Tonya Houghton is listed on their website as an "administrative support" worker. No wonder Brady's c****y little "school" is "accredited" . Yeah, quite the prestigious organization there Dave Chesson.Gotta say this though, at least that guy Rabac lists the "schools" he obtained his "degrees" from. Brady is such a coward that he won't list the diploma mills he got his worthless and unaccredited "doctorate" degrees from.

8th of May, 2014

I did some research about this American Association of Higher Education AND Accreditation...it turns out that there was a legitimate business called the American Association of Higher Education that did business for many years.but disbanded back in 2005 or so. So this clown Dennis Brady, or D.A. Brady, or Doc Brady, or whatever he's calling himself these days swooped in and apparently got the rights to their domain name or website name on the internet and set up his own "accreditation" business with his wife Tonya. People started calling his business into question and who came to their rescue? Why none other than their "legal advisor" Dave Chesson! Please see a copy of a threatening e-mail sent by Mr. Chesson to someone who had the temerity to question the legitimacy of this AAHEA scam that Brady is running:

From: aahea@xecu.net [mailto:aahea@xecu.net]
    Sent: Friday, August 01, 2008 1:00 PM
    Subject: Illegal Blog

August 1, 2008

To: George Gollin

Please be advised I was contacted by Dr. De Mel of AAHEA that you have posted an illegal blog in reference to himself and AAHEA. The information you have posted is completely inaccurate and in fact untrue. It is slander, defamation of character and restraint of trade. This information must be removed at once, failure to do so will result in an immediate multi-million dollar lawsuit filed against you your associate and ACCET. For your information there is only one point that has even a little bit of truth and has been twisted to fit your agenda.

AAHEA has almost a 140 years of service to the higher education community with an impeccable reputation and is of the highest standard. They have instructed me to take whatever steps necessary to stop you and ACCET from slandering its good name. If this does not stop you from slandering AAHEA and Dr. De Mel, blogging you and ACCET is certainly an option as two can certainly play the same game. The difference is I have all the time and resources available to me. I hope it will not be necessary to take the above steps in order to stop you from slandering the good name of AAHEA and Dr. De Mel. However you can rest assure we will not stop until we succeed in putting a stop to your illegal attacks. This is something we would expect from a 15 year old but not from an adult!
    Please Govern Yourself Accordingly,

Dave Chesson, Legal Advisor

CC: File
    Board of Directors
    Dr. De Mel

Now I have checked on-line at www.floridabar.org and David Chesson is not listed as a licensed attorney in the state of Florida. David Chesson also runs some sort of c****y little business out of his trailer (complete with white trash above-ground swimming pool) at 1012 Gregg St., Leesburg, Florda called the Better Business Inc...apparently trying to rip off the Better Business Bureau. This guy is a joke and just the type of person you'd expect to be defending Dennis Brady.

• Do
      26th of Dec, 2014

Tonya Brady
    Doc Brady Mugshot http://www.gainesville.com/article/20090425/articles/904259994
    Dennis Alan Brady
    All of these people have fake degrees from diploma mills
    Stephen R. Barnhart, Ph.D.
    Yep - BARNHART SECURITY AND ALARM and "International University of Ministry and Education" at same address! Case closed! :D :D
    Christopher R. Campbell, Ph.D., N.D.
    fake accrediting outfit buys the abandoned domain of a real accrediting outfit, then claims the latter's history as its own. I'm sorry, what is there to "research"?
    The whole "certified security awareness agent" stuff is a hoot. Running an accrediting outfit from a mailbox is even funnier. More? Where are the schools this thing accredits? They're certainly not listed on the website.

Dave Chesson

Mr. Fix It
    Omni HomeServices
    Terry Chesson 1-1-94
    352-326-5441
    1012 Gregg Street, Leesburg, Florida

Central USA Offices
    American Association of Higher Education Accreditation (AAHEA)
    12110 Grandview Road, #A-B
    Grandview, MO 64030
    USA

352-326-0770

• Pc
      7th of Jan, 2015

If anyone cared to check they would know that Dr. Brady who incidentally has NEVER been sued or fined or any other legal action taken against him or NBPES, retired years ago. That's right he is on S.S. and travels the country so get a life and stop all this slander which comes from one or two people who NBPES would not certify due to there poor grades who are angry and out to hurt him. So out of 20K + of students there is a dozen or less complaints here after years. I would guess that quiet an accomplishment. If you bother to check any US college you will see they get that many complaints in one year! Better Business is not in a trailer, he never said he was a lawyer and BB has an impeccable reputation for helping people for free for the past 28 years.

PS:
    You forgot to talk about the 2010 Presidential Lifetime Achievement Award Presented to Dr. Brady by The President of the United States for his 40+ years of good work! Yea he is a real bad guy, someone should tell the President !
    GET A LIFE!

8th of Jan, 2015

What up Doc His latest scam

https://www.facebook.com/pcmed.us Pic of Dr Brady
    for a free tour of our practice! 352-603-3373

PC-Med Franchising, LLC, 6035 SW 54Th St. #200 Ocala, FL 34474 • phone: 352-671-1830 fax: 352-671-1831
    Dennis A. Brady is the Manager of PC Med Franchising, LLC . Tonya M. Houghton/Brady is his wife
    PC Med Franchising, LLC filed as a Florida Limited Liability in the State of Florida filed on Thursday, March 8, 2012. This corporation is approximately two years old according to documents filed with Florida Department of State. PC Med Franchising, LLC also lists Tonya M. Houghton as Manager.

TONYA MARIE HOUGHTON. Possible Aka's: TONYA M BRADY. TONYA MARIE HOUGHTON. TONYA M BRADY. TONYA M DAVIS. TONYA H DAVIS. TONYA M ...

• De
      10th of Jan, 2015

Also, regarding Mr. Brady's claim that he has had no court actions filed against him, please go to the Marion County, Florida Clerk of Court website at: www.marioncountyclerk.org and click on the "case search" link under Courts and type in Dennis Brady's name. You will find Mr. Brady listed as the defendant in multiple civil actions:
    42-2013-CC-794-A
    42-2012-CA-4564-A
    42-2011-SC-2399-A
    42-2005-SC-3627-A
    42-2005-SC-218-A Also if you go to www.alachuacountyus/depts/clerk to the Alachua County Clerk of Courts site and enter a case search for Dennis A. Brady, DOB 5/26/1950, you will find a misdemeanor case number for a worthless check case in which Mr. Brady was the listed defendant: 01-2008-MM-3129-A So take Mr. Brady and this "National Board of Professional and Ethical Standards" which is so supportive of him that they filed the initial complaint under the handle of "anonymous" claims with a huge grain of salt.

31st of Jan, 2015

Brady's a joke and a loser. His latest scam is running some sort of a mediation service with his wife, Tonya Houghton-Brady out of that little strip mall on Citrus Blvd. in Leesburg, Florida. Oh yeah, it's the same address as this National Board thing that he claims he's retired from. LOL. Well which is it Brady? If you're no longer involved with this place, why are you "working" out of a strip mall storefront that serves as the HQ for this "National Board"? Oh, and if this national board is as prestigious as you like to claim on your website, then why are you running it out of a little strip mall? What exactly is that a picture of on your National Board website if it's not the HQ for your "school"?

I'm surprised that Brady has any time to "work" these days as he's busy dodging process servers from his former landlords in his PCMed scam. You remember them don't you Brady? You skipped out on paying the rent and broke your lease for your "doctor's office" in that strip mall near the Villages. You skipped out on paying rent for your place in Ocala and had Tonya tell a process server that you were in "hiding" due to threats to your life. You had to be sued by one of your buddies with your AAHEA scam when you ran up a bunch of bills on credit cards in Christine Rossiter's name and then didn't pay them off leaving her holding the bag. Yeah, you're real good guy Brady, with a lifetime of good work. Guess you got tired of pretending to be a doctor or psychologist or whatever and now you're pretending to be a lawyer with your mediation service.

Sorry if anything I've said here bothers you Brady, but if it does, you have my name and you can have your fake lawyer Chesson send me a threatening e-mail like he did to the other guy. I'll be waiting loser.